DJI Spark and Samsung Galaxy S8 connection problems.
4330 7 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Booyaches
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108419 ft
Poland

I am experiencing constant problems with Video Signal in my DJI Spark. Im connecting my Samsung Galaxy S8 to RC via WiFi and then RC automatically connects to the aircraft. No matter how far I fly my Video Signal keeps disconnecting. The screen turns grey and an there is "No Signal" or "Disconnected" message on the screen. I can't see anything but I can still controll an aircraft. After a moment it reconnects for a while and then disconnects again. Another problem is downloading the content from SD to the device via DJI GO. It takes ages! Today I took some panoramas and I am able to copy them via USB connected directly to Spark. All of the pictures have 500mb so it should take a couple of minutes. With DJI Go app it's been 20-25mins and I am stuck in the middle. It's like the WiFi connection between the phone and RC is very slow and unstable. On the top of that I am in europe so can't connect my phone directly to Spark without resetting wifi settings. This is the a known bug that DJI doesn't admitt to exist. Previously I have flown with Spark + RC + OnePlus2 and the connection was stable but there was "Video Signal Weak" message only after go away for 30metter and the picture was lagging. Did any of you have problems with Galaxy S8 and DJI Spark? How to solve it? I am thinkong of returning it because it was too expensive to have so many problems.
2017-8-4
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I use otg with my galaxy s8+ and its great. I noticed just wifi from remote was garbage
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-4 17:17
I use otg with my galaxy s8+ and its great. I noticed just wifi from remote was garbage

Is the otg filly supported by dji? Lets say you crash while on otg would thry cover the replacement?
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the disconnected issue, it is because the phone disconnects to the RC. Just to verify, have you to reset the RC's WiFi and connect it again? Please press and hold the power button of the RC for 9s and the WiFi would be reset when you hear "DDD" sound. Relink the RC's WiFi again. Or please just reinstall DJI GO 4 app.
Then please check does the drone and RC run with the latest firmware, please upgrade it to the latest firmware.
Besides, would you please try another mobile device to test if the drone can connect the phone normally? 移动设备列表.jpg
For the download speed, AC connection will be quicker than RC connection, and you need to disconnect RC's connection to the drone first when you attempt to connect the drone via phone directly.
2017-8-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

to get pix and videos off the spark really only 2 reasonable ways..  1 is plug directly into the rear end of the little sparky and connect two devices together, either PC/MAC or android/iOS to the sparky.. this will give you a speed of about 15MB/Sec or there about(in my experience).   or you can pop out micro SD card and use an adapter and get the fastest possible interaction speeds, my MicroSD card does around 50MB/Sec.   any other way is sluggish...

as for the S8 and the sparky struggling to connect well..  this is unfortunately the reality of it, the S8 pumps out Wifi and will overwhelm the RC, disable wifi and bluetooth and connect to RC using OTG only for best possible results, also make sure the host end is the RC so get Micro USB to USb type-A adapter and plug into the with standard charge cable of shortened one..  that will help massively with the connection problems, but it may not cure it... since fully migrating to iPad mini 2 i haven't looked back to S8 as a device to fly with anymore so i haven't really compared the two much...

2017-8-4
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Frangu using otg is night and day for me i even tried it again using just wifi off of rc and its so laggy ....go back to otg and its golden and i can get out to 6500 feet. So im gonna stay with otg. Im used to having the wire with p4p and p4 it only makes sense to me even though DJI says it's not supported or they have not tested it, it fully works... also if you notice your WiFi signal will say HD in the app settings instead of just the wifi symbol when using otg..
2017-8-4
Use props
ToyCarCollector
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft
United States

Im having my best Android luck with a dedicated Note 4 and an S2 pad.  Both work very well by wifi.  P
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please tell me the firmware version of the drone and RC? Like Thor mentioned, upgrade the firmware of the drone and RC, if it is the same, please export the black box data, I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules