On holidays need help with P3S
776 6 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Purchased a new dji battery for my P3S and now on holidays and after charging up the battey, I put in and it said UPDATE REQUIRED  I pressed it and it noted on the screen BATTERY UPDATE REQUIRED., refer to some video ( not sure what it was referring to) could someone please help me with a step by step procedure to do the update. I have the last dji update on my P3S
Thanks  
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The battery will update with the aircraft. The tutorial video might help you:

2017-8-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you have the Firmware on the SD card after the upgrade or not?
If not then the battery can´t be upgraded. If yes then the battery will become the upgrade.
2017-8-7
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks Susan and Peterx,

I took the sd card out and looked at it on my computer and this is what was noted (even with the FW update in Jul of 1.9.20)

DCIM
MISC
and in the Go App it showed
App 3.1.8
Version 1.2.40+

Then after I downloaded the new FW again from my computer to the sd card and after putting the newly downloaded sd card into my P3S, with the new battery I just purchased it looked like this (update only took seconds but now the new battery is ok and doesn't request the update any further).

On sd card it shows

DCIM
MISC
P3C_FW_Result_AB
P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin

and on the AC , in about it notes

App 3.1.8
Version 1.9.20

So why ;

#1) Didn't the FW information show up on the sd card before todays download (because I did do it in July ) ?
#2)  On the About screen of the AC why did it note  Verson 1.2.40+ and after todays download (the same download) does it note  1.9.20 ?

Is this why the new battery didn't update automatically and ask me for update (#2) ?

Would appreciate your comments on this Susan

Thanks
PS Haven't flown the AC yet ... hope its working as good as it did

2017-8-14
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

The battery and P3S worked great, got some good video on the Canyon walls of British Columbia, Canada..
2017-8-23
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-8-23 21:45
The battery and P3S worked great, got some good video on the Canyon walls of British Columbia, Canada..

Great. Don't forget to share your video's with us on You tube
2017-8-24
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-8-24 02:23
Great. Don't forget to share your video's with us on You tube

Sorry Blackcrusader but with all the smoke in the areas I tried to fly (just about all of the mountain range in British Columbia lol) the video just turned out grey and smoke filled , hard to even see 100 feet from your front nose at some spots. We get lots of smoke this time of the year I should know that but this year is the worst .... maybe a trip in early June is warranted , before the smoke season !!
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules