Confused
1484 10 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Sorry for all the questions but still TRYING to learn. I have a P3S and have updated to the most current firmware about a month ago.  I have the go app on both my Samsung tablet and Sony cell phone.
So,How is it when I turn on my Sony today it says I need a firmware update yet on Samsung Notebook no problem and no update requested
I don't understand?  
2017-8-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Slayer,

On one you have "Auto Updates" enabled and the other one you do not.  That is the first step.  Second step is that one has applications operate in the background enabled, and the third step is whether you have "Airplane Mode" enabled on either one.  There are numerous ways your device can screw up your DJI GO operation.  You need to manage your apps and firmware and stay on top of it.  You stay on top of it through your DJI GO app and the "Settings" of your device.

The device you use is the source of of 90 percent of the problems you will have with DJI products.  So many contributors to this Forum do not understand this problem.  It is why DJI has an approved list of devices.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Can it be the Sony did not process the Phantoms Data as accurate as needed and the App calls for an upgrade and the Samsung processed it right.  As Cateecan says,it´s mostly a device problem.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the current firmware of your drone, controller and APP? You can check it on APP: Launching DJI GO>General Settings>About Please make sure the network is solid and check whether it is misinformation or not. The latest firmware of P3S is 1.9.20, please confirm.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans965d4b1d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22907 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-7 00:29
May I know what's the current firmware of your drone, controller and APP? You can check it on APP: Launching DJI GO>General Settings>About Please make sure the network is solid and check whether it is misinformation or not. The latest firmware of P3S is 1.9.20, please confirm.

Hi,can anyone help me,installed the latest 1.9.20fw,and now cant fly more than 30mtr up 50mtr out,with dji go logged in  please addice,thanks.ps i have a samsung galaxy tab A6 thanks again.
2017-8-8
Use props
dja02x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227746 ft
United Kingdom

fans965d4b1d Posted at 2017-8-8 03:55
Hi,can anyone help me,installed the latest 1.9.20fw,and now cant fly more than 30mtr up 50mtr out,with dji go logged in  please addice,thanks.ps i have a samsung galaxy tab A6 thanks again.

Try logging out of the app and then back in again.
If that doesn't work you may need to uninstall and re-install the app - that would be unlikely though.
2017-8-8
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

When going out to fly with a few batteries I have had it say I need to update when I first start it up, but when I am done with the first flight and shut it down it doesn't ask me again when I power everything back on for the next flight. Then in a day or 2 when I power on it says to update. I think once you ignore it the first time it takes a day or 2 to ask again. At least with mine it does.
2017-8-8
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Oh and don't feel like a pest for asking questions, that's what the forum is about and we all have them.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans965d4b1d
lvl.1
Australia

dja02x Posted at 2017-8-8 04:22
Try logging out of the app and then back in again.
If that doesn't work you may need to uninstall and re-install the app - that would be unlikely though.

Thanks,will try both procedures and will let you know the outcome.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans965d4b1d Posted at 2017-8-8 03:55

I would recommend you to re-install the APP and login your DJI account to confirm.
2017-8-13
Use props
fans965d4b1d
lvl.1
Australia

fans965d4b1d Posted at 2017-8-8 19:06
Thanks,will try both procedures and will let you know the outcome.

Thanks,all is good now,logged out then logged in with no joy,ininstalled then reinstalled dji app .now im happy back to normall,thanks again
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules