609 9 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I mean average people who want to fly for fun. Next firmware please.
1) Do not allow taking off with Compass error
2) Limit flying distance to 10 meter radius and 5 meter high when no GPS or in ATTI
3) Enter ATTI always, stay hovering and wait for RC stick when Compass error midflight. Never RTH unless Compass error is recovered even loss connection.

Thanks
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

For #3 Also lower altitude to proper range
2017-8-5
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Or u could just learn to fly in atti mode....just because u lose gps or compass doesnt mean u still cant fly its happened to me a few times i still was able to fly the quad fine
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Those for saving the problem Spark not to fly away.
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Hmmm ... How to do #2 without GPS? Assisted GPS from mobile device?
2017-8-5
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

U can still fly it manually with the sticks!
2017-8-5
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the spark has flaws yes.. but  i think the solution is easier, DJi, just fix it damn it..   my current spark, 2nd one i owned is such a treat to fly, however it isnt immune to its issues..  however i disagree wth further limiting users, instead they just just fix it and make the spark smarter/make us more aware.

first of all, if the spark losses its compass lock.. it is pretty much confused out of its mind, so i agree that if that occurs it should do something about it, itself.. like hover in place and pop up on screen a slider for use it explain atti mode can be far less predictable and controlable, but limit its speed. slider to accept and enter atti mode (reduced) or something. this would be far more helpful for everyone, instead of it just flipping atti mode on suddenly and dive bombing into a tree because we didn't realize it fast enough or because we didn't realize it had its directions flipped around.

secondly, when spark is in IMU/compass error or a unknown/fatal error,  it definitely shouldn't autoland or RTH, i agree with this, oddly enough.. this is second biggest killer of sparks, is when it forces autoland and ends up in a river or ocean or something. or RTH is initiated and compass is screwed up, it ends up snacking on a tree or eating weeds in a random field somewhere complete else.. , better if it maintained its height hovering in place  and gave us options to find a spot to land ASAP... turn on OA automatically, kill sport mode and lets us slowly escape danger and land on safe area ...  however if the signal is lost then spark should initiate something else, like make a smart landing where the down firing camera and sensors can try to find a safe area to land that isnt water or end of a tree or something and it then turns on find my drone automatically itself, blinks and beeps furiously while firing off its location to RC/App until it connects..

there plenty more but these are my takes
2017-8-5
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

#4: Allow pilots to cancel/override forced autolanding to avoid crash, whatever reason triggering autolanding. (This autolanding BS is too scary)
2017-8-5
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

fansfa9c1c91 Posted at 2017-8-5 23:28
#4: Allow pilots to cancel/override forced autolanding to avoid crash, whatever reason triggering autolanding. (This autolanding BS is too scary)

Just do not fly over the water until DJI fixes it
2017-8-5
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

That's why they have to fix it asap. I want to be able to fly over water with peace of mind.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules