Videos record in small videos
845 6 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielTheRider
Second Officer
United States

Hey pilots,
      I'm sure this a rookie settings questions but I'm finding that when I record videos, it only records videos in 5-6 minute videos for the first half and then records another video for the second half. I'm trying to record a video that will last about 8-10 minutes in total length. I'm currently using the regular Micro SD that came with my P4P+ which is a 16GB. I'm shooting at 4K 30FPS. I'd like to continue recording in this quality. I'm hoping it's just a setting to allow the video to record the 10 minutes in one straight video as opposed to two. I want to eventually load this video to YouTube but I'm looking to primarily load this video to a FaceBook group page.

Any help?

- Daniel
2017-8-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is perfectly normal for the camera to record files up to 4GB in length, and split the file into two if you record longer. This has always been the case. You can always join the files together, although there may be a few missing frames in between.
2017-8-5
Use props
DanielTheRider
Second Officer
United States

How can I change how many gigs the file records in? If I blend the 2 videos into one what program would I use? I'm a Mac user.
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-5 20:39
It is perfectly normal for the camera to record files up to 4GB in length, and split the file into two if you record longer. This has always been the case. You can always join the files together, although there may be a few missing frames in between.

"although there may be a few missing frames in between."

I seem to remember reading that one of the advantages of the P4Pro was that there were no missing frames as in previous models.
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 16:33
"although there may be a few missing frames in between."

I seem to remember reading that one of the advantages of the P4Pro was that there were no missing frames as in previous models.

That could be the case, I don't have one to say.
2017-8-6
Use props
DanielTheRider
Second Officer
United States

Thanks guys. All makes sense. I made one full lenth video by combining both videos and there were no missing frames. You literally cannot tell where the break is. Also, Why is it such a pain to export these videos from iMovie to Photos if recorded in 4K? Is it easier to upload videos if recorded in 720 for YouTube or FaceBook purposes?
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

For FAT32, the max file size is 232=4GB. Divided in 4GB will be helpful to avoid loss or abnormal.
And Exfat,it supports larger size. The file will be damaged when cutting off power or taking out the SD card. It may caused larger loss if these videos can not be restored.  

As discussed above, the 4GB was set and the videos were recorded in small videos.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules