P4A+ video drop outs normal? And other odd behaviour
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PropWash8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567648 ft
Canada

Hello all. This P4A is my first drone from DJI. I am experiencing video feed drops with no ill effects leading up to the drop. Everything seems to be working very well and then all of a sudden the video screen turns black and white and then the video link disconnects.

I have about 10 flights total with 3 video link drops. Flights are within a line of visual sight.

I am not sure if any of the following is related, but i have had on different flights:
-Odd battery error message
-no battery data displayed in the battery screen while flying and checking for this data
-the gymbol makes strange noises while resting in an ackward position after a video link dropout
-complete radio control of the P4A during every video link dropout
-an unresponsive gymbol after power up, fixed by restarting

I want to say I should be expecting better but I am really not sure if this is normal or not?

Is someone able to shed some light on this for me?
Thanks
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

For the battery error message and no battery data, I recommend you to discharge the battery completely and recharge it fully to check whether it helps. Also, change to another battery will be helpful to verify.
Also, what's the current firmware of your aircraft and controller? I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-7
Use props
PropWash8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567648 ft
Canada

Thank you for your reply.

I have an update.
2 more flights with 2 lost video feeds. Each time the feed was lost the gimbal would be limp on the entire landing approach. One of these flights were indoors.

Usually a reboot of the Phantom would get things going again. The last flight was different. When powering up, the gimbal status said disconnected and the cooling fan does not seem to operate. This is the current status of the P4A+. It's now grounded with a confirmed issue.

I've only received one battery error message. I've tried discharging and charging completely. I do not have a second battery available.

I think this is the right spot for firmware. Please let me know if I am wrong.
I attached a picture with the following info:
App 4.1.4
Version 01.00.0128
Aircraft database 01.00.01.04
App database 01.00.01.04

Thank you

1502147434836-1512435378.jpg
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PropWash8 Posted at 2017-8-7 15:22
Thank you for your reply.

I have an update.

I would recommend you to contact our Support Team via support.us@dji.com to send it in for fully check.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules