Caos after firmaware upgrade
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansced01230
New
Flight distance : 869 ft

United States

How do I get my phantom 4 controls back?, after firmare upgrade, my quad has not performed like before, before the upgrade, the quad flew flawlessly, perfect flights and controls since November 2016, bought brand new. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you updated the controller firmware ?
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you tell us more details of the issue after firmware update? I'd like to check the exact status.
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Come on Admins...you know what he talks about.  Hundreds here complain about. We should make a open list where all people can write in the name when he has this firmware problems. So then finally we see clearly the damage.
2017-8-6
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

2017-8-6
Use props
Farraday83
New
Switzerland

Good day. Saturday I got my new phantom 4 and then I also installed the new firmware. Result: I get a very poor camera picture, can not film or take fotos and always have error messages like no gps (even I gave good satelite connection). I would be so gratefull for your advice! Thanks in advance.
2017-8-6
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Farraday83 Posted at 2017-8-6 23:08
Good day. Saturday I got my new phantom 4 and then I also installed the new firmware. Result: I get a very poor camera picture, can not film or take fotos and always have error messages like no gps (even I gave good satelite connection). I would be so gratefull for your advice! Thanks in advance.

the new firmware was not tested properly and has major issues for certain Drones only way out is to revert to earlier firmware in link I posted as DJI took the firmware rollback feature away in Assistant 2.
2017-8-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your mistake was updating in the first place, when your quad  is functioning at perfection there is nothing to be gained by updating....
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Farraday83 Posted at 2017-8-6 23:08

You did update the RC ? There seem to be a number who are not aware of that part, and if not done leads to poor reception etc.
If that's OK then problems may be related to aircraft firmware update, or device being used.
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules