Scale of compensation for drone jobs
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

Is there a site or forum listing which provides a scale of compensation for drone jobs? I understanding drone jobs like any job, location, skill set, years of experience etc. is taken into consideration. I do have a full-time job and would like to see if I could become a subcontractor of sort (working with an established commercial drone operator) to help out on a part time basic. Any thoughts?

2017-8-6
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

My guess is it would depend on what kind of expenses you have to incur, like travel, how long the job will take, what kind of experience you have, and what the customer wants?  I'm sure there is more to it than this, but this is some of the thing I have thought about.  Also would be difficulty in doing the job and the risks.
2017-8-6
Use props
iFlyMyDrone.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

You did not mention whether or not you have Part 107 certification. That would make you more valuable. It is also possible that another person with Part 107 could be onsite as the Pilot In Charge (PIC) and allow you to be at the controls. Some systems allow 2 operators (inspire). One flies the bird. The other operates the camera. You could also hold a position on a team as a Visual Observer. As a visual observer, your job would be to keep eyes on the bird and be able to report the position to the pilot. I would think the role of VO is considered low skill and pays less that that of a PIC.
2017-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is no scale.
But there is a large number of users willing to undercut prices and do drone work very cheap.
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

Oh boy.. Clear question and all this wobbling around. He ask so help him. I start:
We charge in China per qicture. Depending what is the use for. Advertising or web or privat, wedding. Scale is 200 to 5000 RMB.
For a video we charge per published second or per clip. Again depending what's the purpose. The per/sec price is from 1000 to 8000RMB. The clip price is quite hard to say...is it a clip for car advert, 100.000 and more, per clip. Wedding and so on about 2000.
Better is the per /sec deal for all. You just Must thing that u may will be out for 3-4 days to make professional 30 sec.in worse case.
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-6 22:15
Oh boy.. Clear question and all this wobbling around. He ask so help him. I start:
We charge in China per qicture. Depending what is the use for. Advertising or web or privat, wedding. Scale is 200 to 5000 RMB.
For a video we charge per published second or per clip. Again depending what's the purpose. The per/sec price is from 1000 to 8000RMB. The clip price is quite hard to say...is it a clip for car advert, 100.000 and more, per clip. Wedding and so on about 2000.

Yes, clear question, but your prices mean nothing to someone in the USA. You are not helping him either.
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-6 22:29
Yes, clear question, but your prices mean nothing to someone in the USA. You are not helping him either.

But you are just tossing and turning around. At least I answered his questions.  And prices for pictures are to high in US and Europe. They are just pictures. Everyone can do.
2017-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-7 01:27
But you are just tossing and turning around. At least I answered his questions.  And prices for pictures are to high in US and Europe. They are just pictures. Everyone can do.

He doesn't care what you charge in China, he is asking about the price in the US market. D'oh, I give up.
2017-8-7
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Sorry. You are right. There should be a forum just for Americans. So we avoid this.
2017-8-7
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

May I suggest that whatever his location that some local reearch woud answer his question quite easily. That is how I started when I became a professional photographer, as prices not only differe in each country but also each county and each town and city. They will also depend on the skill of the person flying the drone but also on the artistic abiities of the person taking and processing the pictures. then of course it will also depend on how the results are presented, and indeed on what the customer wants. There are so  many national and local variables that a list of charges could not be made. But a loook at all the costs involved in producing a set of say images, or a movie or whatever you wish to do. the compare that to competitors. Can you make a profit from it? Perhaps more importantly what would you want to pay you if you were askign for a job to be done?
Going into business in any area is fraut with so many pitfalls, and will require a great deal of thought, research and planning. Have a ,ook at your own figures on production costs and then see what is possible. In your research you may find you are the only one around your area. If so that can make a huge difference to what you can charge.
2017-8-7
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Some on here need to get a life. All they do is monitor these forums pick to pieces and criticize others posts. I do not know why anybody would post these forums just to get ridiculed. If you can give a helpful answer great if not leave your your sarcasm for friends and family.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules