2142 20 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

Please help Dji

Its been two weeks with an unflyable p4 after the update with new firmware. Looking at the forum I'm not alone. Spoke with online support last night their reply is to send my drone in for service. Its 6 months old and very well cared for .....they might just send me a refurbished unit that has been previously crashed,  and dont want that. DJI can you advise when new firmware for p4 will be available to download that works please ? Lost two weeks flying on holiday and gutted.....please help
2017-8-9
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

Well put, we get ignored or brushed off constantly,,
2017-8-9
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Cna ou revert to a previous firmware? on the DJi Assistant?
2017-8-9
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-8-9 04:28
Cna ou revert to a previous firmware? on the DJi Assistant?

You can revert, but not with DJI Assistant.  We are no longer allowed to discuss how to do it here on the forum.   You see, DJI doesn't want folks escaping the new controls they have placed upon us, even if that means grounding tons of P4s for months and losing customers over this.  It's THAT important to them to maintain control over you.
2017-8-9
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-9 04:32
You can revert, but not with DJI Assistant.  We are no longer allowed to discuss how to do it here on the forum.   You see, DJI doesn't want folks escaping the new controls they have placed upon us, even if that means grounding tons of P4s for months and losing customers over this.  It's THAT important to them to maintain control over you.

Ahh I see I didn't know that, very strange but it is what it is. Thanks for the update.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jason, could you offer more details of the unflyable aircraft? We are looking into this and would like to find  the reason soon.
2017-8-9
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Dji. Susan. I've gone through this online with tech support. I have issues with twitches and position issues. Its not safe to fly. Tried everything with online. There answer is send in.....but we all know it's the firmware. Spoilt my two week holiday with only one unsafe flight. I have totally lost confidence in my drone and dji
2017-8-10
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Jason, have you seen this? It looks like problems are not always DJI's fault... http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=108360&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D386%26typeid%3D386
2017-8-10
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-9 04:32

yeah, and recently  a guy used the 3rd party hackware to flash is P4P with P4 firmware and kind of really jinxed it up...
2017-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-10 05:43
yeah, and recently  a guy used the 3rd party hackware to flash is P4P with P4 firmware and kind of really jinxed it up...

That's happened twice that I'm aware of in past 2-3 weeks.

And it looks like the fix might be here sooner rather than later now, as they're in the process of pushing out a new Beta to those who registered an interest. So the results of that should be interesting to see.
2017-8-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Aardvark, I hope your sources are correct.

2017-8-10
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-10 05:43

I get that,  but lets look at the facts.
Flying perfect with P4 and ipad 2. Update firmware. Unstable flight. You dont have to be a rocket engineer to pull the connection together. Also take a look on the FORUM loads are experiencing the same problems. Its a lesson learnt for me and many others I guess. Dont trust new firware upgrade until we really see positive feedback. .....i love a smart ar*e
2017-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-10 06:23
Aardvark, I hope your sources are correct.

The same source is available to all http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-8-10
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-9 23:50
Jason, could you offer more details of the unflyable aircraft? We are looking into this and would like to find  the reason soon.

If DJI had given us all the option to roll back the firmware  AS SOON AS WE WERE HAVING ISSUES, WHILE DJI CAME UP WITH THE FIX you wouldn't have so many disgruntled customers .....because believe this or not .......WE ARE CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THESE PRODUCTS.
IF MY 4 SERIES M SPORT BMW had a software upgrade at the garage and I was unable to drive it....do you think they would just hand the keys back to me and disown the problem, we all know they would sort it straight away, or at least give me a courtesy car ( software roll back ) until the problem they had created was sorted.
Half the problem is DJI have created this situation, yet as a company you don't  accept liability or at least communicate with your customers. I personally own a multi million pound company and one thing I have learnt over the years  is to be honest and treat customers with respect, keeping them in the loop with developments  about problems  that occur, as we all know they do happen,  Its how your respond and deal with the situation your remembered by.
DJI could of very easily defused this situation and retained many customers. going forward into the future, Customer experience is key. we shouldn't have to be wasting our time on sites like this trying to learn how to put a £1,300 drone back in the air and fly it safe.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-8-10 08:11
If DJI had given us all the option to roll back the firmware  AS SOON AS WE WERE HAVING ISSUES, WHILE DJI CAME UP WITH THE FIX you wouldn't have so many disgruntled customers .....because believe this or not .......WE ARE CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THESE PRODUCTS.
IF MY 4 SERIES M SPORT BMW had a software upgrade at the garage and I was unable to drive it....do you think they would just hand the keys back to me and disown the problem, we all know they would sort it straight away, or at least give me a courtesy car ( software roll back ) until the problem they had created was sorted.
Half the problem is DJI have created this situation, yet as a company you don't  accept liability or at least communicate with your customers. I personally own a multi million pound company and one thing I have learnt over the years  is to be honest and treat customers with respect, keeping them in the loop with developments  about problems  that occur, as we all know they do happen,  Its how your respond and deal with the situation your remembered by.

Apologies for all inconvenience. I completely understand your concern, I would feel the same if I were on your shoes.The beta firmware is in reviewing and we would like to collect more details so that the issue can be figured out asap. We appreciate your patience and support.
2017-8-14
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

I rolled back the firmware on my P4 last night and took her out for a flight today, and guess what she is flying perfectly once again.
2017-8-14
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Scunoo Posted at 2017-8-14 02:10
I rolled back the firmware on my P4 last night and took her out for a flight today, and guess what she is flying perfectly once again.

Can I ask,  how did you manage to roll back ?
2017-8-14
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-8-14 03:59
Can I ask,  how did you manage to roll back ?

Sent you a PM, they will shut it down if it gets discussed on here
2017-8-14
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-9 23:50

DJI Susan, I think it is pretty obvious what the issues are, you only have to spend 10 minutes or so reading on this forum to figure out what issues everyone is having.
2017-8-14
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-14 00:20
Apologies for all inconvenience. I completely understand your concern, I would feel the same if I were on your shoes.The beta firmware is in reviewing and we would like to collect more details so that the issue can be figured out asap. We appreciate your patience and support.

Thanks for your response, are you able to advise a time frame, as I have boxed up   drone ready to take back to store, after a phone call today to the store they advised an approximate 5-6 lead time to get sorted.....just trying to work out do I want to wait for the new upgrade you guys are working on. Can you help ?
2017-8-14
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Scunoo Posted at 2017-8-14 04:20
Sent you a PM, they will shut it down if it gets discussed on here

cheers many thanks
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced