P4P+ 'No Signal'
2129 19 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxAdj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177 ft
United States

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the issue of No Signal which doesn't let their screen show the camera view?  Firmware's updated using their bin file and also updated using their on line file (which I got to work by accident!). Quad also updated. Is there any DJI user guide I'm missing?  Seems the PDF they have on the firmware update on Assistant itself only relates to the RC and the last steps don't jibe with what's on the screen anyway.  The process seems to be a little different to updating a phone or tablet screen.  Thanks!     
2017-8-9
Use props
Drone2184
New
Canada

I have been having the same problem for about a week and am about to go on a trip to a very scenic place, I would love to have my drone working but the No signal has thwarted my plans. I have complete control of flight but its not very useful without the ability to see where your going and take photos I have contacted possibly the most horrendous support client in the world and they want me to send it in.

On other news all you need to do to update your controller is put the file into a micro sd card and put it into the controller and let it update automatically. To update the drone you have to put the usb-c to usb adapter into the drone. then put the usb-c to usb cable so the usb-c is in both the controller and the drone and the usb ends of the adapter and cord are connected in the middle.

I don't know if this is a problem for everyone else but I can't update my p4p+ it says it is updating in the app and it finishes but when I relaunch the drone and app the exact same update reappears.

sometimes for brief moments I get the no visionary connection error.
2017-8-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Which version and did you login to your account after you did the update?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the current firmware of the controller and aircraft? Please make sure both have been updated to the latest version and link RC. Also, please check whether the camera can be controlled.

@Drone2184, please refer above and send us the About interface of DJI GO, I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-9
Use props
MaxAdj
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-9 22:59
May I know what's the current firmware of the controller and aircraft? Please make sure both have been updated to the latest version and link RC. Also, please check whether the camera can be controlled.

@Drone2184, please refer above and send us the About interface of DJI GO, I'd like to look into it.

Hi Susan, Its really good that you are taking an interest as I believe my issue is not unique. You seem to be the lifesaver around here! I respect your time.  I did send screen shots to John A (case 676160) of DJI Support yesterday.  

Sine my post I did another huge 855mb update in the field on Sunday and yes both RC and A/C have been updated several times whenever it says firmware update needed.  Now it shows latest update V01.02.01.00.  However, that huge update then resulted in black & white diagonal lines on the screen.  The A/C flies just fine on stick and LOS although the side impact sensor doesn't work.  When I got it home on my WiFi the camera then worked! I have to test it again away from my home WiFi - can't take the house with me! LOL.   But, no maps still.  I'm having a computer tech wizard take a look on Thursday to see if its something I'm doing wrong. Thank you for your kind interest.

I am a licensed adjuster and Part 107 certified and looking to help promote the use of the P4 for insurance inspections as I am in the industry and consulting with some companies about this project.  So I really want to make this work and get the program up and running.  Thank you for your kind interest.
Martin   
2017-8-14
Use props
MaxAdj
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-9 13:42
Which version and did you login to your account after you did the update?

Thank you for your kind interest.
Yes, logged into the account - in fact I seem to have to log in multiple times!  
Completed a 855mg update yesterday on the field.
V01.02.01.00
I wonder if you might be kind enough to share how I can download the About interface so I can send it off to Susan please?
2017-8-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MaxAdj Posted at 2017-8-14 20:17
Thank you for your kind interest.
Yes, logged into the account - in fact I seem to have to log in multiple times!  
Completed a 855mg update yesterday on the field.

My pleasure!

For the ABOUT, from the main menu of the app click on the the 3 dots top right and then scroll all the way down to where it says ABOUT and then click on it and take a picture and posted it here or PM Susan directly.

Good luck!
2017-8-15
Use props
MaxAdj
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-15 06:19
My pleasure!

For the ABOUT, from the main menu of the app click on the the 3 dots top right and then scroll all the way down to where it says ABOUT and then click on it and take a picture and posted it here or PM Susan directly.

Thank you for your kind help!  
2017-8-16
Use props
cbudka
New
Flight distance : 54662 ft
United States

Man... I am at a loss here. I just did the firmware update to vo1.04.0602. Remote is on 4.0. Prior to the update, everything was fine. Post update, no signal on the tablet. I have the p4p as well. As I am sitting there looking at the screen trying to figure out why I have no signal, I smell smoke.... To my dismay, the remote was overheating. Smoke was coming out of the mini USB port. I quickly turned the RC off and let it sit. Powered it back up, no more smoke... but, still no signal. Updated firmware once again... Still no signal.... Any one with any ideas how to fix this one?
2017-8-16
Use props
MaxAdj
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-9 22:59

[attachimg]55242[/attachimg]

Susan,

I appreciate your kind help.  I can only hope you got the images I attached?  I used the Attach paper clip. It shows the About and other images which show the map failure.  The camera seems to show in the screen OK now and gimbal control is responsive.  We turned off Airplane Mode and camera seemed to show on the screen after I adjusted the camera settings.   

I initially had a cache map of Berlin, Germany showing (I'm in Houston, Texas) - which set me to wondering if this was not a new unit after all especially as the side sensors don't work too?  It was bought through Amazon a month ago as a new unit, but I wonder???   The drone # is: 0AXCE4AOA31373.

The units is now registered with the FAA as I'm a 107 pilot so I can't return it.

Is there a procedure I can try and go through to double check if its me or the unit?  My tech comes into town tomorrow evening so I'd like to see if he can help using your steps please.  

Many thanks, Martin

About.jpg
IMG_20170813_192413884.jpg
IMG_20170813_192417486.jpg
IMG_20170813_192608837_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170813_193253635.jpg
2017-8-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

cbudka Posted at 2017-8-16 17:24
Man... I am at a loss here. I just did the firmware update to vo1.04.0602. Remote is on 4.0. Prior to the update, everything was fine. Post update, no signal on the tablet. I have the p4p as well. As I am sitting there looking at the screen trying to figure out why I have no signal, I smell smoke.... To my dismay, the remote was overheating. Smoke was coming out of the mini USB port. I quickly turned the RC off and let it sit. Powered it back up, no more smoke... but, still no signal. Updated firmware once again... Still no signal.... Any one with any ideas how to fix this one?

Wowww, never heard of the smokey controller! For now make sure that you are next to the controller when you are charging it in case it get caught on fire.

You have the P4P or P4P+? Because Max was asking about P4P+.

P4P, which tablet are you using? If IOS, you need at least MINI4 and up. Also what is the exact error or warning that you are getting?

2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MaxAdj Posted at 2017-8-16 18:26
42[/attachimg]

Susan,

Per the SN you offered(0AXCE4A0A31373), the aircraft was activated at 2017-07-30 04:18:38, you can check whether it matched with yours.

For the map issue, I would recommend you to check whether it works in outdoor when the GPS signal is good enough.

And the reminder of conflicting 2.4Ghz, you can disable the WiFi or change to 5.8Ghz in the image transmission settings.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cbudka Posted at 2017-8-16 17:24

I suggest you to contact our support team and send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-17
Use props
MaxAdj
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-17 00:21
Per the SN you offered(0AXCE4A0A31373), the aircraft was activated at 2017-07-30 04:18:38, you can check whether it matched with yours.

For the map issue, I would recommend you to check whether it works in outdoor when the GPS signal is good enough.

Many thanks for looking it up. That would co-incide with my purchase.  What I found was that I could get the maps to work, but only showing a on zoon out wide area of a few miles radius.  When I try to zoom in to get local detail to a single house it pixilates and the P4P+ builtin screen goes white.  Support was kind enough to give me link to return it, but I would like to call in and see if there's something I can try to get the zoom in to work to show details per property.  GPS signal is good and I'm using my Android hotspot link.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MaxAdj Posted at 2017-8-27 19:59
Many thanks for looking it up. That would co-incide with my purchase.  What I found was that I could get the maps to work, but only showing a on zoon out wide area of a few miles radius.  When I try to zoom in to get local detail to a single house it pixilates and the P4P+ builtin screen goes white.  Support was kind enough to give me link to return it, but I would like to call in and see if there's something I can try to get the zoom in to work to show details per property.  GPS signal is good and I'm using my Android hotspot link.

Have you downloaded the offline map? It seems that the outdoor network is not solid enough.... Alternatively, you can try to reset the RC: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset.
2017-8-28
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 03:38
Have you downloaded the offline map? It seems that the outdoor network is not solid enough.... Alternatively, you can try to reset the RC: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset.

Hi Susan

"you can try to reset the RC: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset."

It's rather confusing that one of you tell your customer to try that while other is warning about the same. a fact is, in my case it was the RC reset that startet all the trouble on my 4P minus (+).
on the first of august a colleguage of you told me by PM that : "Please never reset RC to factory default, there  may be some problem. New official firmware will be released very soon,  we suggest to wait for the official version" it was just to late for that warning, it was reset in order to get the map download to work after a third of your colleguages posted that as a solution to the problem. also in the PM i was told "I can send you the version with this function. But  it is not official version and there is some problems, so we don't  suggest customer to update" i have that version but has not given it a try as i was told new firmware would be released soon ...

IT would be nice if you Moderators and DJI Supporters could agree in what to tell us to do and what not to do, as is now is just making a even bigger mess and frustrations

Even the forum keep popping up with the warning: "No unauth modification posts allowed - posts will be removed with no warning" i think DJI leave us with no other choice than experiment with DUML_dore flashing and Parameter tweaks, is that really what you want?

If anything, could you please report back to your Developers and Management that we, your customers who had payed thousands of $ for our tools and equipment, demand the possibillity and choice to roll back to the parent FW version as adverticed and promissed in the first place for upgrading to this damed FW v. 1.04.0602 almost three months ago.
Even not perfect a rollback would give some space for you to figure out a way to implement the encryption and stupid NFZ stuff in a way that don't take up so many resources that the crafts can't even get CPU enough to do a decent flying.

Last but not least, why on earth is this 1.04.0602 still being pushed out and free to download? - imo it should have taken down and burned a few days after it was first released!

Edit: wee even the DuM Ldor e word get removed by the editor - rofl

2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-28 16:49
Hi Susan

"you can try to reset the RC: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset."

May I know what's the current firmware of your RC? You can check it in the System Update. For the map issue, reset RC will solve it temporarily, while update to the latest RC version will fix it, please confirm.
2017-9-1
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 00:13
May I know what's the current firmware of your RC? You can check it in the System Update. For the map issue, reset RC will solve it temporarily, while update to the latest RC version will fix it, please confirm.

Yes O.C. you can have my versions, not sure what good it should be as you have clearly not been reading my post at all.

Firmware versions

Firmware versions
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-1 00:34
Yes O.C. you can have my versions, not sure what good it should be as you have clearly not been reading my post at all.

Sorry, I just forget the previous info. I insist to reset the RC as it helped many customers who have the similar issues.
2017-9-2
Use props
rahmat yanuar
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi Admin DJI Susan

I have a problem with my dji phantom 4 pro...it can't read satelite signal ..i have try it at outdoor but it's still have no signal enough satellite...

i was update firmware at my aircraft and remote controlller...

Remotre Controller version 01.04.01.00
Aicraft Database 01.00.01.05
App Database 01.00.01.05
Flight Controller SN 07JDDBW00101NJ
Remote Controller SN 0CKJ200BF27368

What's Problem and how the solution if my aircraft it doesn't read satelite signal?

thanks for ur advice

2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules