Sun Hood/Shield/Cover for tablets
1929 10 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bricooper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United States

Hey all, newbie to the big leagues, I have a P3S but I have a tablet mount affixed to the controller, and using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8".  I'm having a real time figuring out what sun shield to use.  There is one floating around online that is pretty custom made specific to that tablet, but it's white, and looks thin, and it's overhang is short, so I'm not sure how effective it is.

So, what do you guys use? I'm just looking for some suggestions, thanks in advance!

P3ScontrollerTabA.jpg
2017-8-9
Use props
RedHawk420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

Made one myself using black foam core board. Folds down for easy transport
2017-8-9
Use props
Frederickdav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20804 ft
United States

RedHawk420 Posted at 2017-8-9 14:08
Made one myself using black foam core board. Folds down for easy transport

I'm using one from Amazon. It's flimsy and looks cheap. Come to think of it, it is cheap! I've glued some re-inforcement  plastic on the bottom but it still sags.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

There is one Monitor Hood for Tablets, just for reference: http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... tablets?from=search
2017-8-9
Use props
Neil Jack
lvl.1

Russia

I am using FREEWELL remote monitor sunhood. They give great result.
2017-8-10
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

The problem with most sun hoods is the angle at which you look at the screen; most are at 90° and will show your reflection. To understand the problem, have a look at the Padhat made by HoodiVision. You can make a decent one yourself quite easily. Now, let's be clear, on bright days you will still be best off under some shade with one of these. If you want to do serious work in bright sunlight, you need a full hood. Have a look at the Aviator hoods at Hoodman.
Have fun & good flying!
2017-8-10
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

HoodmanAviator HAV1 works great fore the 9 inch IPAD we use. It makes the controller a little heavy but it fits the contour of your face.
2017-8-10
Use props
bricooper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United States

Thanks for all the replies, and I had looked at the DJI store, and thought that was the one just like I'd left BestBuy with, that was about double the size I needed  lol

I found an "anti glare" blah blah blah stick down screen protector, and just holding it up to my tv, or whatever screen, it looks like it will soften the image, like text won't be as sharp.. and trying to read that, I'm not sure I'm okay with that.  It was a 3 pack, so I guess I should just stick one down and play with it, but I'm hoping that sun shield combined with that (hopefully) anti-glare screen protector do the trick.

I'll do some trial and error, it's gotten me through almost 40 years now  LOL   and then I'll let you know!

Thanks again!
2017-8-10
Use props
shakin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460039 ft
Ireland

here is something i came up with to attach to my sunshade. https://phantompilots.com/thread ... 19493/#post-1231897
sunshades arent really that good for eliminating glare and the anti glare screen protectors arent any better either.
this does add weight to the controller and needs a bit of tweeking and velcro to get stable but it works a charm when set up right. even with this there is still a little of my own reflection in the center of the screen coming through the view hole but its only small and hardly visable,youd almost have to be looking for it to see it,but can be overcome by placing my head to the viewpoint extension if needed.

think of if you look through a pin hole up close to your eye. through it you have a wide field of view,same concept with my diy sunshade add-on.
2017-8-26
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

I don't have a picture of it right now, but I made my own out of a cardboard presentation stand.  It's not the best sun shade since it leaves my I-pad kind of loose in the RC grip, but it does its job well enough.
2017-8-26
Use props
shakin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460039 ft
Ireland

TN Lone Wolf Posted at 2017-8-26 14:04
I don't have a picture of it right now, but I made my own out of a cardboard presentation stand.  It's not the best sun shade since it leaves my I-pad kind of loose in the RC grip, but it does its job well enough.

mine had the same problem but i overcame it by sticking some larger foam pads to the top and bottom of my tablet holder, over the exsisting ones which hold the tablet,to increase the surface area/gripping area.
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules