Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin rotate 180 degrees on startup
55 3 2017-8-10 09:06:53
Moving_glass
Beginner
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I recently bought a used Ronin and got it rigged up to test it today with my FS7 and the extension arms, also with a pan extension.

I have used Ronin's many times before, but have never experienced this problem. When I power it on, it rotates a little over 180 degrees clockwise, and then rotates anticlockwise and settles in it's original position. This is a right pain seeing as the sdi cable is then getting wound up and putting resistance on the motor, plus once the handles are in a downward position, there is no clearance for the pan extension to spin around. This happens regardless of which direction I power the Ronin on in.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
2017-8-10 09:06:53
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
China

Just to verify, all are up to date, right?
Would you please upload a small video showing what you described? Will try our best to help you.
Thank you in advance!
2017-8-13 18:45:30
Use props
Moving_glass
Beginner
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-13 18:45
Just to verify, all are up to date, right?
Would you please upload a small video showing what you described? Will try our best to help you.
Thank you in advance!

The IMU is on V3.0, haven't updated it to 3.1 as have read that it creates problems with the thumb controller, I'll upload a video of it in a few hours once I'm home. Thanks!
4 days ago
Use props
Moving_glass
Beginner
United Kingdom

So here are 2 videos showing the strange behaviour. The first is powering it on with the Ronin logo at the front, where it rotates 180 degrees and then settles. The second is where I power it on with the Ronin logo at the back, and it rotates to nearly 180 degrees, and then back to it's starting point.

4 days ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next