otg cable
1143 9 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

when i connect the rc with the otg cable it also charges my phone , does this happen to everyone? samsung gal s5 active
2017-8-10
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

not every time only sometimes
2017-8-10
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I asked the same question but according to dji it looks like its charging but not actually charges...
This seems to be true as i checked what my charge percentage was on my phone then i connected the OTG cable and waited and the charge percent never went up ..eg my phone was on 65% and still never went higher say to 66% so the OTG was not charging the phoine
2017-8-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya by design of how other DJi products use OTG, its supposed to provide a slow trickle charge to phone/tablets to keep them alive while flying.  the spark controller being unofficially supporting OTG does it as well, dont expect it to charge very much if at all, i find that my iPad still drains as same rate as if it wasn't plugged in and just idling in app..  dji should probably consider officially supporting OTG on spark, disable extra wifi network RC still emits while in OTG, and killing off charge extra OTG feature for the spark RC since does nothing..
2017-8-10
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

It will charge your phone if you are using Android. This happens to Mavic user as well. But the charging is is pretty low I think, so don't have to worry about that, just ignore it
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

From the Android device we had tested, the device will show a charging icon but actually, just very little power had charged into the phone.
2017-8-11
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-11 00:26
From the Android device we had tested, the device will show a charging icon but actually, just very little power had charged into the phone.

If you activate developper options on your android device (multiple clicks on build number in adhoc menu) then you have an option to choose what to do with USB (charge, MTP, PTP, ...). I don't know if it will actually change the behaviour...
2017-8-11
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

well tks all for the responce
2017-8-11
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thats weird. When i connect mine its actually opposite - my phone charging the controller
btw i was using a non OTG but a straight usb-c to micro-usb cable.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Matioupi Posted at 2017-8-11 06:23
If you activate developper options on your android device (multiple clicks on build number in adhoc menu) then you have an option to choose what to do with USB (charge, MTP, PTP, ...). I don't know if it will actually change the behaviour...

Yes, it still has the charging icon, but no worries, that is normal.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules