Spark Remote Controller Calibration Cable vs WiFi
2726 5 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaa7ab7ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22343 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi guys, since I like to re-calibrate whatever I've received from the box, I was trying to calibrate my RC from the FlyMore Combo kit.
First, I noticed that I could not calibrate my RC no matter how many times I was turning the joysticks to all over the directions.

Then just for fun, I decided to connect to my RC via WiFi instead... and noticed something strange: the RC Calibration Screen differs than the Cabled version, and now I was able to calibrate the RC!

Is it because that if you connect the RC to DJI Go App via USB Cable there is no need to calibrate? So RC Calibration is only needed for WiFi-connected RC?

In case anyone hasn't noticed the difference, attached are screenshots from the Calibration Screen, and I've also vlogged about it here -->

RC connected to USB Cable - Calibration Screen

RC connected to USB Cable - Calibration Screen

RC connected to WiFi - Calibration Screen

RC connected to WiFi - Calibration Screen
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Connecting via OTG has not been fully tested, so we do not suggest to use this feature for now.
2017-8-11
Use props
Maklobe
lvl.1
United States

Does the controller need to be restarted after a firmware update? How do you restart the controller?
2017-8-11
Use props
z_traveller
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 18:27
Connecting via OTG has not been fully tested, so we do not suggest to use this feature for now.

thanks @DJI Susan!
when u say "not fully tested" means for just calibration or even for flying?
2017-8-11
Use props
z_traveller
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Maklobe@gmail.c Posted at 2017-8-11 18:55
Does the controller need to be restarted after a firmware update? How do you restart the controller?

just turn off the controller (double-tap & hold until all lights off) and turn it back on (double-tap & hold until all lights are on)
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

z_traveller Posted at 2017-8-11 21:55
thanks @DJI Susan!
when u say "not fully tested" means for just calibration or even for flying?

Even for flying, it is not an official recommended feature.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules