DJI Goggles cannot take photos with Spark
1790 10 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hungbobby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128038 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, I connected my DJI Goggles with USB + OTG cable to Spark thru' its RC. The FPV screen display OK. But then when I tried to take photo or video with the on-screen button on the Goggles (use with the touch pad), nothing happened. With the same DJI Goggles, I can connect via USB to Phantom 4, everything worked, including taking photo and video, even head tracking. Is it a Spark or Goggles firmware issue which DJI is currently fixing? If so, can we get an update when it will be released?
2017-8-13
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

I posted about this few weeks ago. The goggles do not officially support the Spark yet. DJI says "Goggles compatibility coming soon". Just can't wait.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Any compatibility will also be a result through any firmware update. Please keep that in mind.
2017-8-14
Use props
hungbobby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128038 ft
Hong Kong

If "The goggles do not officially support the Spark yet", then below item should not appear on DJI store yet, right?
- DJI Goggles - Micro USB OTG Cable: Used together with DJI Goggles' USB cable to transmit video feedback and control data between Spark remote controller and the DJI Goggles.

Can DJI confirm these to be known issues which DJI will fix in upcoming Spark or Goggles firmware releases?
On the other hand, how can we be informed which firmware(s) (Goggles or Spark, and/or versions) will fix these issues?
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

hungbobby Posted at 2017-8-15 00:37
If "The goggles do not officially support the Spark yet", then below item should not appear on DJI store yet, right?
- DJI Goggles - Micro USB OTG Cable: Used together with DJI Goggles' USB cable to transmit video feedback and control data between Spark remote controller and the DJI Goggles.

Since Spark doesn't support Goggles officially at the moment, there are some functions cannot be used perfectly.
We will make it clear in the future release of APP, Spark firmware or Goggles firmware that Spark supports Goggles.
2017-8-15
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-15 02:19
Since Spark doesn't support Goggles officially at the moment, there are some functions cannot be used perfectly.
We will make it clear in the future release of APP, Spark firmware or Goggles firmware that Spark supports Goggles.

Do you have an estimated release date for Spark support?

As a DJI client who bought the DJI Goggles with my Spark, I have to say I expected the Spark support sooner. Having known how long it would take, I would have postponed my purchase.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-15 07:44
Do you have an estimated release date for Spark support?

As a DJI client who bought the DJI Goggles with my Spark, I have to say I expected the Spark support sooner. Having known how long it would take, I would have postponed my purchase.

Sorry that I don't have the rough estimated date either, please note the future release in our website. You won't be waiting too long, thanks for your patience.
2017-8-16
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the latest firmware update for the spark 0.600 , now supports the DJI goggles
2017-8-21
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

lannes Posted at 2017-8-21 05:09
the latest firmware update for the spark 0.600 , now supports the DJI goggles

Unfortunately, it fixed NOTHING. The only thing it really does is to remove from the UI features not supported by the Spark.

The RC video/photo record buttons are still NOT WORKING.

Seriously, the Goggles combined with Spark are totally useless. You can't even film or take pictures.

I can't keep this fairly expensive product if it prevents me to use my Spark properly. What is DJI thinking?
2017-8-22
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-22 07:08
Unfortunately, it fixed NOTHING. The only thing it really does is to remove from the UI features not supported by the Spark.

The RC video/photo record buttons are still NOT WORKING.

I TOTALLY AGREE, the only way i have mangaed a work around , and i mean its crude but unplug lead from controller dji app re connects , start recording and plug the lead back in and its recording, dont get wrong its crapway of doing things with a expensive bit of kit ...but it works grrrrrrrr
2017-8-22
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

To make sure the information contained in this discussion is up-to-date, please note that the latest DJI Goggles firmware FIXES ALL issues that we plaguing the Spark.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules