426 3 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

im finally at stage where im going to be buying my mavic pro very soon, not entirely sure when just yet..im in the proccess of deciding if i want to return my spark or sell it or keep it..   but i have a collection of questions i guess before diving headfirst in..

1: should someone buy into fly more or is it not worth it right off the bat?  and would the 1 included battery be enough for most people or not?

2: how well does the Mavic Pro's batteries wear and tear?  say 100 cycles into it, willl it still be fresh or will there be a noticable loss?

3: are there any quarks to flying a mavic pro vs a spark?  i mean anythign that may surprise me? i have flown a mavic pro but i havent spent any noticable time with one just a couple minutes...

4: wat is the avg real world runtime of say an "adventurious" runtime for battery, like range tests, chasing my ATV, following my car, doing waypoints/POI

2017-8-15
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hey crash - my opinions to yr questions
1. Depends i guess how much you want to fly, how much time you have to fly and other things- 3 batteries will take up about 1.5hrs flying times and many more hours editing time: ie one flight session is easily up to or more than 4 hrs from yr day. For me 2 batteries would have been ideal.
2. Batteries seem to wear well.Mine is the only battery problem i have seen on this forum for ages and i really quite suspect the problem is due to my own fault
2. Marsan posted a chart on his battery progress - not yet at 100 cycles but gives some indication to yr question so long
3. I never had a spark or flew one. only comment i could add is to say that with the mavic greater range brings increased risks and most of them catch us by surprise.  The gimbal is an unfortunate week point (especially for beginners) after the first crash and repair it becomes a priority to learn to fly it in such a way that crashing must not be an option - the more you fly the less you are likely to crash
4. Waypoints and POI are in 'slow' mode which is most efficient battery situation - you should get max time of say 25min
4. sport mode for chasing cars ect - well on my batteries i am getting about 15min on sport mode with about 15-20% left in battery when i land.
in sport mode i tend to fly further - the risk here is that there should be sufficient battery to make the return trip home - which if the wind has picked up and blowing against you - might not be enough - i got lucky in this regard  a few times.
2017-8-16
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

on page 2 of this forum is a post from Mauro _ Intellegent flight battery endurance over time - check out his post to answer yr question on life span and degradation
2017-8-16
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-16 12:59
on page 2 of this forum is a post from Mauro _ Intellegent flight battery endurance over time - check out his post to answer yr question on life span and degradation

thanks for response!     
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules