Phantom 4P Wobbles and Shakes after Firmware Upgrade
1830 6 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 599308 ft
Australia

Upgraded from P3P to a new P4P, never been so unhappy before. Was forced to do firmware upgrade when I started it up and the drone wont fly properly. It shakes and wobbles, this means photos are blurred and video is shaky, and it's putting stress on the gimbal. I've re-calibrated IMU so many times using a level, I've re-calibrated compass. Nothing makes a difference. I have read on other forums that this is a common problem. I have been told that the only way to fix this is to go back to previous firmware, but this is not an option on the DJI Assist. I use a drone for work and this one is useless. Unfortunately I sold my perfectly good P3P!!!  Has anyone had success fixing this issue or should I return the drone to where I purchased it and get a replacement and hope that the upgrade doesnt to the same thing to it?
2017-8-16
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I noticed mine was doing the same thing yesterday.  I couldn't tell if it was the wind, the blades or something else.  The gimbal fortunately held its end of keeping the video steady.   I did the recalibration too it didn't change anything either.  You're not alone.  I wonder if its possible to reset the P4P back to its FACTORY DEFAULT setting prior to the update.
2017-8-16
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

The last firmware upgrade introduced this issue as well as many other and unfortunately DJI decided to remove the option to downgrade at the same time of this release; a great coincidence huh?

Your best option is to return the aircraft for a new one and just dont upgrade the new one, leave it as is when purchased. That is how I am currently flying my Phantom 4 Advanced. You can also go a 3rd party route to downgrade but if its easy to swap for a replacement I would go that route and just dont update.
2017-8-16
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is your model is P4P plus?
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Return it before its to late. I tried to return mine after 17 days and they wouldnt take it back. HURRY because dji is in no hurry to fix it.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Please post in one of the threads already created on this topic. Thanks.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-1-1.html
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you checked the propellers, were there any broken parts on them? How height you flew the drone, please try to fly the drone higher in a good GPS signal place. Besides, could you calibrate the gimbal successfully? Was it the gimbal shaking or the drone? Could you please provide us with a video for this case?
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules