Calibrate Compass P3 Advanced Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

Im at a lost here .... Cant fly drone due to this calibrate compass error. Ive never had to calibrate compass anywhere i went and had no issues until recently ...

Slight drone crashed about 3 weeks ago due to sudden gust of wind knocked it into tree branches. Drone was found in mud with battery dislodged from it. I took it home cleaned it up. 2 days later i used a hair dryer low setting to make sure everythng was dry. Drone appeared to be ok as it started no problem and there were no errors. Today I noticed a crack in one its landing gear so I replaced the landing gear and put it back together. Now the drone wont take off due to compass error ... I tried calibrating compass several times and failed. I even went to diff locations and failed everytime. All i did was change both landing gears and this started. There was a computer chip in one of its leg that i couldnt remove. I did however manage to remove it carefully using a sharp knife. Was this the compass? If so did i screw my drone up somehow? Please advise.

Regards Daryl

Please note i havent had my phantom for 6 months so will it be covered by warranty? I also didnt buy  DJI Care
2017-8-18
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

20170818_185742.jpg
2017-8-18
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

well ... looked at it again and it looks fried and smels burnt.....

email sent
2017-8-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, that compass has most definitely been "compromised"!!

Did you melt it with the hair blower?

RedHotPoker
2017-8-18
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

No it was like that when I took landing gear off.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have you contacted our Support Team via support.us@dji.com? If yes, please PM me your case number, I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-18
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

I received email today Susan from DJI ... ill be replying tomorrow with info as I'm off to work.

Daryl
2017-8-19
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

Trying to start this process and it appears Canada not available yet for service ...
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Maritimer Posted at 2017-8-19 08:19
Trying to start this process and it appears Canada not available yet for service ...

So far, the ONLINE REPAIR is not available for Canada, please contact the email support,  they will create a case for you, then tell you how to send the drone in.
2017-8-19
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

Hi Diana they sent me an email with information they needed and after re-reading the email I just needed to reply with the info they requested. Hopefully I did right and this claim can get started
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules