Cannot go forward at all with obstacle avoidance on
838 5 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gr8pursuit
lvl.1

United States

I'm in beginner mode and cannot go forward at all with the obstacle avoidance on.
The display shows object at 1' all the time but there's nothing in front of it. The only way I can fly it forward if I turn off the obstacle avoidance.
Any suggestions appreciated.
2017-8-19
Use props
FrenchiVIII
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1691749 ft
Italy

do you use propeller guards? in that case, are you sure they are attached to the correct propeller (white symbol propeller guard with white symbol propeller)? Once I mounted them in the wrong way and one of them was right in front of the sensor, so the aircraft would see an obstacle all the time like you said
2017-8-19
Use props
gr8pursuit
lvl.1

United States

FrenchiVIII Posted at 2017-8-19 08:41
do you use propeller guards? in that case, are you sure they are attached to the correct propeller (white symbol propeller guard with white symbol propeller)? Once I mounted them in the wrong way and one of them was right in front of the sensor, so the aircraft would see an obstacle all the time like you said

Yup, have propeller guards on and never noticed the white mark on them. Will switch them around and see if it works. Thanks French.
2017-8-19
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Also, make sure the Spark front area is clean. Debris or spots could trick the sensors and make them believe something is in front.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

gr8pursuit Posted at 2017-8-19 08:49
Yup, have propeller guards on and never noticed the white mark on them. Will switch them around and see if it works. Thanks French.

Is the issue solved? Please keep us updated.
2017-8-19
Use props
fans8de7cbae
lvl.1
United States

That was my issue.....propeller guards were installed improperly on the wrong arms.
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules