2169 8 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having a great time on my trip in the mid-US and took advantage of an amazing place to fly in Wyoming.  Got to well over 11,000 feet and got some amazing footage.  I thought the battery would wear down pretty quick in the thin air but was on still 50% after 15 minutes.

Anyway, here's the video; amazing views and all good fun...

Cheers,
Ian

2017-8-20
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Very nice!  Beautiful views.  Thought from the description you meant you flew it 2 miles vertically lol!
2017-8-20
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Great. Mavic is an amazing device.
2017-8-21
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers... See how I get on with today's eclipse now....
2017-8-21
Use props
Ready4Launch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51401 ft
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-8-20 19:20
Very nice!  Beautiful views.  Thought from the description you meant you flew it 2 miles vertically lol!

Me too!  Ha!  I have to think that there are videos somewhere of people hiking to some 14ers in CO or Whitney and flying around, no?  Has to be.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Very great job, Ian! And the max service ceiling above sea level for the drone is 16404 feet (5000 m). But at the very beginning, the gimbal seems like didn't work. So is the gimbal alright? Try to calibrate it.
2017-8-27
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-27 18:34
Very great job, Ian! And the max service ceiling above sea level for the drone is 16404 feet (5000 m). But at the very beginning, the gimbal seems like didn't work. So is the gimbal alright? Try to calibrate it.

Hi Thor. No, the old Mavic has to go in for repair; I tried calibration via the app with no success; the DJI Assist 2 could not recalibrate the gimbal either, giving me an error each time, and I even tried resetting the firmware back and then reinstalling... Nothing worked. So I had to buy a second Mavic whilst on my trip.... I now have two.....

Cheers,
Ian
2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wellsi Posted at 2017-9-3 00:30
Hi Thor. No, the old Mavic has to go in for repair; I tried calibration via the app with no success; the DJI Assist 2 could not recalibrate the gimbal either, giving me an error each time, and I even tried resetting the firmware back and then reinstalling... Nothing worked. So I had to buy a second Mavic whilst on my trip.... I now have two.....  

Cheers,

Nice video, I must say I also thought you flew it that high from the ground
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wellsi Posted at 2017-9-3 00:30

Cheers,

That's a pity. Please note that DJI Assistant 2 only calibrates the Vision Positioning system, then if you had returned the drone in, we will also take good care of it. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules