DJI Goggles Now Support Spark
6466 27 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Title says it all.
The latest firmware released for Spark today officially has support for the DJI Googles.

Will post again as soon as I updated and tried.

2017-8-21
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Nope.. upgraded the Spark, plug Goggle in to remote.. STILL doesn't authtorize the drone to fly > 30M.. STILL can't take photo/video.. STILL can't change Liveview resolution. Think we'll need to wait for a Goggle firmware as well.. already checked with DJI Assitant few hours ago.. no new firmware.
2017-8-21
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marauderz Posted at 2017-8-21 18:50
Nope.. upgraded the Spark, plug Goggle in to remote.. STILL doesn't authtorize the drone to fly > 30M.. STILL can't take photo/video.. STILL can't change Liveview resolution. Think we'll need to wait for a Goggle firmware as well.. already checked with DJI Assitant few hours ago.. no new firmware.

same here, annoying or what ..
2017-8-22
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

wobbles Posted at 2017-8-22 09:30
same here, annoying or what ..

Oh well... at least it's coming.. not like previously where we were just guessing.
2017-8-23
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Marauderz Posted at 2017-8-23 05:41
Oh well... at least it's coming.. not like previously where we were just guessing.

According to another forum, there is a new firmware available for the Goggles.
Some report that head tracking is now supported and that the video/photo buttons are now working.

Will update ASAP and report.
2017-8-23
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-23 07:24
According to another forum, there is a new firmware available for the Goggles.
Some report that head tracking is now supported and that the video/photo buttons are now working.

They do work, as i tried it last night.  There is a firmware update for the goggles, I got it when I went to update my Mavic Pro (It was mentioned in the Mavic FW notes).  I was able to start / stop video, take a photo, use head tracking flight, and gimbal modes all from the touch pad.  

I uploaded a short clip on YouTube showing the menu and head tracking features.

2017-8-23
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

SteelTallon Posted at 2017-8-23 09:27
They do work, as i tried it last night.  There is a firmware update for the goggles, I got it when I went to update my Mavic Pro (It was mentioned in the Mavic FW notes).  I was able to start / stop video, take a photo, use head tracking flight, and gimbal modes all from the touch pad.  

Thanks for this video.

Just can't wait to update my Goggles firmware.
2017-8-23
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

SteelTallon Posted at 2017-8-23 09:27

I have a question. Updated the goggles, spark, RC and App. I do not have the head tracking option on the spark but have it with the Mavic. Are you disconnecting the app to enable the head tracking? Or does the head tracking work with App and goggles connected? Thanks for the post and video.  
2017-8-23
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marauderz Posted at 2017-8-23 05:41

works now , updated goggles..and boom!!
2017-8-23
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

HoverGuy Posted at 2017-8-23 09:54
I have a question. Updated the goggles, spark, RC and App. I do not have the head tracking option on the spark but have it with the Mavic. Are you disconnecting the app to enable the head tracking? Or does the head tracking work with App and goggles connected? Thanks for the post and video.

When I connect the goggles to my RC it actually disconnects my phone from the RC Wifi automatically. So, then I am using just the RC and Goggles (No phone).

Also, are you doing to the 2 finger swipe down on the goggles to get those options in the first place?  
Edit: Nevermind.  I see you use it with the Mavic so you know how to get to the menu.  I would verify with DJI Assistant on the Goggles that you have the right firmware.  Maybe it didn't take??
2017-8-23
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Well, good job DJI.

The Goggles now really support the Spark. Everything is working as planned, including head tracking and video/photo taking.

The only minor issue I found is with the sound level that doesn't seem to respect the level defined in Settings. If often plays almost at full power. Minor issue.
2017-8-23
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Not all great yet, goggle still doesn't authorize drone to fly > 30M. But that's just a peeve compared to the larger issue.. still can't change LiveView quality, I,m stuck at 720P30 cause that's what I selected initially, and the quality setting isn't there in the 2 fingers up menu...
2017-8-23
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I could fly today 50 metres then googles said "maximum distance reach"
2017-8-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ardenno Posted at 2017-8-24 05:14

i had no probs with mine, so got me thinking , was you signed in to DJI go app?
2017-8-25
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Connect with the DJI Go 4 app, go to Settings and change the limit.

After a firmware upgrade, some of these settings can reset.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-23 16:32
Well, good job DJI.

The Goggles now really support the Spark. Everything is working as planned, including head tracking and video/photo taking.

Using earphones can avoid this issue, this issue will get fixed in next firmware, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-26
Use props
Mark2005
New

United States

So great~~~
2017-8-26
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even if you increase the distance in the app, the spark will be limited every time it is powered up and connected to the goggles.  There is a way to bypass the limits:

Connect the spark to the phone and app first (and "go fly").  After that, disconnect the phone and app from the RC and connect the goggles to the RC.  This will bypass the limits.  This bypass remains as long as the spark is powered.  If it is powered down, this procedure must be repeated.

This behavior is the same on Mavic and Phantom 4 drones as well.
2017-8-26
Use props
russham1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24820 ft
United Kingdom

Still stuck with 720p. Anyone know how to switch to HD mode?
2017-9-14
Use props
fansf5a7e37a
lvl.2
Germany

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-25 11:47
Connect with the DJI Go 4 app, go to Settings and change the limit.

After a firmware upgrade, some of these settings can reset.

Hello, Can you just explain more in detail how you can set the settings for a range above 50m?
When I connect the googles with the OTG to the Spark RC my iPhone 7+ loses connection to RC. So I cannot encrease the range.
Googles Software from 01.09.2017

Thanks.
2017-9-14
Use props
davmau
lvl.2

Germany

Flying with the goggles the resolution is 720p of the records. The vid has a colored line at the bottom. No problems with the distance, 300 m without lags (2.4 GHz/iPhone 6). Wondering how it works — the Spark vid resolution is 1080p. What I am doing wrong?
Only the first connection (after „delet all settings) of the rc shows the possibility to choose Smooth or Normal (HD is disabled). In both settings the resolution of the rec vids are the same. The FPV is always at 720/30. Would be better in 720/60, but how can I change it?

Thanks DM
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

davmau Posted at 2017-9-17 23:58
Flying with the goggles the resolution is 720p of the records. The vid has a colored line at the bottom. No problems with the distance, 300 m without lags (2.4 GHz/iPhone 6). Wondering how it works — the Spark vid resolution is 1080p. What I am doing wrong?
Only the first connection (after „delet all settings) of the rc shows the possibility to choose Smooth or Normal (HD is disabled). In both settings the resolution of the rec vids are the same. The FPV is always at 720/30. Would be better in 720/60, but how can I change it?

Can you post what you are experiencing with the video? Is this a video file issue or a display?
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

It is correct that you would need to log into the app. Also check the settings as well.
2017-9-18
Use props
davmau
lvl.2

Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 07:23
Can you post what you are experiencing with the video? Is this a video file issue or a display?

video file...
Unbenannt-1.jpg
2017-9-19
Use props
davmau
lvl.2

Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 07:23

Just made a FW-Update 01.04.0000 with the goggles, same problems.
Without Goggles (iPhone 6, RC, Spark - 2.4GHZ) everything is OK.
Maybe it will work after the Spark FW .700 ??
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

davmau Posted at 2017-9-19 06:03
Just made a FW-Update 01.04.0000 with the goggles, same problems.
Without Goggles (iPhone 6, RC, Spark - 2.4GHZ) everything is OK.
Maybe it will work after the Spark FW .700 ??

If you are having display problems with the Goggle where you are getting a line at the bottom of the screen, regardless of the video, you may have to have a technician look at them. Try recording in a lower rate to see if the lines disappear. Please review the specs on the goggles. It refers to 1080 rather then 4K. http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#specs
2017-9-19
Use props
davmau
lvl.2

Germany

The goggles are pretty well, only the playback of the vids shows the colored line – in the goggles and on my iMac (everywhere) and the vids are in 720p. No idea how it works – the Spark's resolution is only 1080p. NO Chance to change this...
Vids taken with the Spark without goggles are perfect... Flying and takeing pics with the goggles – also perfect... only the vids with the goggles...

After connecting the Spark to the goggles, I have no chance to change anny resolution, the transmission is ever at 720/30 and the record is at 720p.
Your link to the specs seems to be old. The manual shows something different (see pic).

Maybe I do not understand the specs – When I take vids in 1080p30 (standard for Spark, not changeable), the transmission to the goggles is 720p30... wrong ??

Thanks for your support
Unbenannt-1.jpg
2017-9-19
Use props
davmau
lvl.2

Germany

davmau Posted at 2017-9-19 07:52
The goggles are pretty well, only the playback of the vids shows the colored line – in the goggles and on my iMac (everywhere) and the vids are in 720p. No idea how it works – the Spark's resolution is only 1080p. NO Chance to change this...
Vids taken with the Spark without goggles are perfect... Flying and takeing pics with the goggles – also perfect... only the vids with the goggles...

Problem solved. The video resolution in the Go 4 App was changed to 720/30. All recordings on the SD card were stored in 720p (with the colored line on the bottom). How this happened, I don’t know. I guess the goggles... The Spark-Camera-Resolution is normaly not adjustable...
The solution: camera reset in the app.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules