Video editing assistance required
609 6 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc289ad0b
New
Flight distance : 29436 ft
United Kingdom

I have just purchased my mavic pro after months of Youtube research etc. Must admit it is more addictive than something very addictive. Absolutely amazing.
However I do not own a computer as yet and would like to know the best options and great editing package (simple to use) for under £2000. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
Cheers
2017-8-23
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I use IMovie from my Mac. Good enough for my needs.
2017-8-23
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Adobe Premeire Pro is what I use.  $20/month (don't know what the exchange rate is).  If you are only shooting 1080, Premiere Elements would be pretty good for about $100.  For 4K you will have to look at the computer you are going to edit with - very good graphics card, lots of RAM, processor power also needs to be very good.  Check out videoguys.com they have info on computer specs.  Understand that they are talking to videographers who do a lot of editing on longer projects.  So speed of processing is important.  Slower processors mean longer render times.  
2017-8-23
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

I'm still waiting to upgrade my current PC, which is a 3 year old i3 processor.  But I understand your best bet is to look for something with CPU horse power.  I am looking at quad core i7 machines.  Higher number of cores helps reduce the time to render videos.  There are other features I'm interested in finding, but starting with the CPU is as good of a place as any......
2017-8-23
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Buy yourself a good Mac laptop and Final Cut Pro X. Take some YouTube tutorials and you will be ok...
2017-8-23
Use props
Mavic Marauder
lvl.1
United States

Final Cut Pro X on A macbook pro cant go wrong
2017-8-23
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Don't skimp unless you are having financial difficulty. A good computer is a must for editing video, it is one of the biggest jobs a computer processor has to do. If you are a fan of Apple, hold off for a few months, their next line of computers is coming out in time for Christmas, and they have way faster processors. So the old ones will be on sale then, and the new ones will be vastly improved, you'll have great choices in December. Make sure you have at least 16Gb of Ram, more is better.
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules