12Next >
1916 53 2015-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I finally got a little break in the wind, early this evening. It was nice, slow and peaceful. Just about a half hour of actual flying time. Not really sure what I got on the videos yet but pulled this first one. I hope I got some decent stuff. We'll see when I get a look at 'em. Thanks to all of you that help keep me in the air. Anyway, here's a short amateurs' video to say thanks:

Jerry

2015-4-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Jerry,
Absolutely love it!  I love the idea of flying directly into the sunset.  The detail in the beginning is fantastic too.  But I like how you approached it - keeping the sun off to the side and turning into it.  Nice technique.

Chris

ETA:  Sorry, glad you got a chance to fly!  Isn't it a great feeling?  Even if just for a short while?
2015-4-13
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Nice video Jerry, nice spread as well. Looked like it was pretty smooth air. Do you break horses? Barrel race?
2015-4-13
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

It looked like a great piece of work in the wide open spaces.  Here are to many trees in most places.  Earliest I can go up is Wednesday.  
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Thanks guys! I'll answer up later. I haven't been following much. I'm excited about some of the clips I got. Trying to get some editing done so I can post. I've watched so much from you guys it'd be nice if I could give a little back. Got kind of dark, broke-up a lot of the video or I didn't have the camera settings right. I'm going to get back to work.

Jerry
2015-4-13
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

(Insert joke about breaking wind here.)
2015-4-13
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-14 13:39
Here is my first and only crash.  It was on my third flight.  I got to close to the screen, lost a ...

Ouch!!

Yug
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

All I did was clean off the sand, took it home and replaced 1 prop guard.  Back up and flying the next day.
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-14 10:30
Jerry,
Absolutely love it!  I love the idea of flying directly into the sunset.  The detail in the b ...

Nrg,

Thanks! Yeah, it was a blast to finally get up again. It's been a few days. Thursday is supposed to be the best day so far. If it is I'll be burning some batteries! Went to work and edited a new clip, a bit longer than the first one. I've been at it for a few hours. Remember, I'm a total amateur, learning as I go. Funny, I started out with this stuff almost as a test pilot. Trying to see how far and how fast I could go. After watching some of the videos around here and hearing all of you guys talking about the different settings and scenes, I figured maybe I should slow down and give it a try. I throughly enjoyed trying to fly for the story. The editing is a hassle and time consuming but the calmness of the flights were great. Keep your eye's open, video two is uploading now. Don't expect too much but it was fun all the same.

Jerry
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-14 10:42
Nice video Jerry, nice spread as well. Looked like it was pretty smooth air. Do you break horses? Ba ...

Ray,

Thanks! No I don't go near those hay burners. Here's how I view it, now you've got to use your imagination. Did you see the big pink riding arena in the video? Imagine that's a big, giant, deep black pit. Now picture thousands and thousands of dollar bills being sucked from the sky straight down into the very dark pit. Never, ever, to be seen again!

My wonderful wife is an accomplished Dressage Rider. I gotta give her credit where credit is due. She works her a$$ off and she's really become a very talented rider. She does it all, mucks the stalls, feeds, bathes, trains, rides. Hell, she even puts clothes on the damn things! I on the other hand, prefer Iron Horses. Little oil, little gas and I'm gone!

Jerry
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-14 10:52
Nice work as a matter of fact an expert job to me. I haven't edited my first video yet. I can fly bu ...

Axe,

Thanks! Im  in the same boat, Man. Learning as I go. All this stuff is new to me as well. I'm just using Windows Movie Maker. It's free. But I'm not doing any of the kind of stuff these other guys are doing. Way beyond my expertise. Hell, I don't even know what the camera settings mean or do. On my first couple of videos I was cutting tunes from my CD collection. Really good stuff like CCR. Found out that I'm not allowed to do that by the YouTube police. Now I'm just picking up the free stuff that YouTube provides.

Jerry
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-14 11:11
It looked like a great piece of work in the wide open spaces.  Here are to many trees in most places ...

Gerry,

Far from great I'm afraid but fun all of the same. A new experience. Something else to learn. Yeah, there is plenty of wide open space here. Can get a bit boring though, everything starts to look the same. I'm really looking forward to seeing everything green again. Thursday is supposed to be my fly day. We'll see. The weather people out here seem to get it wrong every once in a while, go figure? Glad to see you back, I consider you a Mentor when it comes to the Phantom.

Jerry
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

paul@westpointd Posted at 2015-4-14 13:32
(Insert joke about breaking wind here.)

Paul,

You're stretching with that one! "A break in the wind"="breaking wind"...'come oooon...

Jerry
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Okay Fella's,

Here you go, one for your morning joe! The old white house is from the mid 1800's. It's been added on to a few times. It was supposed to be demolished but I didn't have the heart to tear it down. Too much history. The property was in pretty bad shape when we acquired it but my wife and I didn't want it to disappear. In this part of the country you can drive by many old homesteads/farms that were just abandoned. Family farms went by the wayside as corporate/colony farming became more commonplace. We wanted to turn this one back into a farm. Took a lot of work but we are quite happy with it. About half way through one of the flights I heard a duck squawk. I turned the bird and headed towards an old stock pond. I can't see it from my property but I know where it is. I didn't know it until I was checking the clips, but if you watch the right hand side of the pond you'll see two ducks. I only wish I had gone a bit further, that's about as far out as I can go without losing the control signal. Short of that you'll see some trees and farmland, that's what we've got here. In a month or so, I'll do another when everything is all greened up. It'll really look different. Anyway, just remember I'm an amateur. Hope you enjoy it if you chose to watch.

Jerry

2015-4-13
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-14 15:36
Okay Fella's,

Here you go, one for your morning joe! The old white house is from the mid 1800's. It ...

I was mesmerized with your video. Thanks for sharing.

I will one day soon do something similar and share where I live.

We should do a thread along those lines. How interesting that would be.

Also your landing was perfect!

EDIT: What is the go with the sides of the road?

Yug
2015-4-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Okay Fella's,

Here you go, one for your morning joe! The old white house is from the mid 1800's. It ...

Great video and nice flying!  Do you always play so close to the trees?  I love the countryside.  What crop is grown?  Just curious.

Hope you enjoy it if you chose to watch.

I chose to watch it twice!
2015-4-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-14 18:18
Great video and nice flying!  Do you always play so close to the trees?  I love the countryside.   ...

In the fall season, those trees should be gorgeous with all the fall colors.
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-14 15:55
I was mesmerized with your video. Thanks for sharing.

I will one day soon do something similar and ...

Guy,

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. I thought it would go well with the morning coffee. A thread like that would be cool.  I hope you do one of yours as well, I'd love to see it. I'm sure many people think these kinds of videos are boring but I love watching them. They all tell some kind of story. I'm not sure if I understand your question about the "go" but if I do, they're not very good about maintaining roads out here. The grass and weeds start to grow into the road from the ditch. The scraper comes along and kind of tries to cut it back. They just did it a week ago. The "go" are the remnants?

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-14 18:18
Great video and nice flying!  Do you always play so close to the trees?  I love the countryside.  W ...

Chris,

The tree thing? Dude, I thought for sure you'd get it. I'm a grumbly old biker, I'm trying to be artistic Man! Mostly corn and beans.

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-14 18:20
In the fall season, those trees should be gorgeous with all the fall colors.

Gerry,

They're okay in the fall, nothing like they are further north. I love it when everything is green and all of the crops are coming up. Hey, I watched the crash video. Boy, that thing dug a hole in the ground! I tried to it last night and I got some weird message. Tried it a couple of times but it wouldn't let me comment. I went to try again and I see the post is gone.

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-14 21:06
Chris,

The tree thing? Dude, I thought for sure you'd get it. I'm a grumbly old biker, I'm trying ...
Jerry,

I thought I was being sarcastic.  I actually thought it was some pretty good flying!  I love that kind of approach and interaction with the surroundings when taking video.  Much more than the shoot the bird up high and go videos.

Chris
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-14 21:20
Jerry,

I thought I was being sarcastic.  I actually thought it was some pretty good flying!  I love ...

Yeah, I figured you would. I need to chill once in a while too...

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-14 14:33
Ray,

Thanks! No I don't go near those hay burners. Here's how I view it, now you've got to use yo ...

HeeHee, kinda feel the same. We had a hay burner for a few years that someone asked us to keep for them. Kept her in hay and feed for nearly 4 years. I didn't mind too much because it kept me from having to get out there and keep the pasture cut. My wife loved it of course. One day, a couple of months ago my wife received a text from the owner stating she was coming to get the horse. My wife was not very happy, this girl never came by, let us know anything and basically neglected the horse. One day, she showed up with a horse trailer and loaded up the horse, never came up to say thanks or anything. Ticked me off and really upset my wife. This horse I don't think had ever been ridden but was pretty gentle and was just a big pet is all. I may have to get her one.
I really miss my FatBoy, was always with a bike since I was about 16.....started out with a couple of Hondas, a couple of Triumph Bonnivilles until I went for the FatBoy. When I sold it the wife told me I could get another one......maybe a horse for her, Iron horse for me.  
2015-4-14
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-14 21:49
HeeHee, kinda feel the same. We had a hay burner for a few years that someone asked us to keep for ...

I miss my Harley more than any other possession I have ever owned.  I think next spring I may just spring for another one.
2015-4-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Okay Fella's,

Real nice! Good music too! Love the country!
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-14 21:49
HeeHee, kinda feel the same. We had a hay burner for a few years that someone asked us to keep for ...

Ray,

Yeah, I could share some similar stories but I won't waste the space. Now Iron Horses, I could go on all day about that but this probably isn't the appropriate forum. What I can say is that's been my passion for many years. Ridin',  tinkerin', buildin' and going really fast! Love the 103" in the Fatboy, solid motor, not overly comfy for the long runs though. SE Ultra for that. I've got a few more "horses" in my stable than Wifey has in hers so I can't complain too much.part of the reason for buying this property. Built my own personal bike shop, lifts and all the electric a man would want!

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-14 21:55
I miss my Harley more than any other possession I have ever owned.  I think next spring I may just ...

Chris,

Yeah, I couldn't be without mine. I thought of opening a shop a while ago and building bikes. The Wife put her foot down and said absolutely not! Said I'd build them and I'd never sell them! Hope you get another. Do some serious research though, things have changed.

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-14 22:13
Ray,

Yeah, I could share some similar stories but I won't waste the space. Now Iron Horses, I cou ...

Ok, last post on this topic....One of my Triumphs was a 1967. It was a basket case when I got it. Totally rebuilt it. Weld on hardtail, raked the neck, girder front end, two piece seat, chrome, black, pearl paint. I'll have to post a picture one day. My other Triumph was one I bought from a farmer...had it stored away in his barn. 1972 Bonneville. I restored it to original specs, new paint. It was nice.
2015-4-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-14 21:11
Gerry,

They're okay in the fall, nothing like they are further north. I love it when everything i ...

2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-14 22:20
Ok, last post on this topic....One of my Triumphs was a 1967. It was a basket case when I got it.  ...

Ray,

Me too, last post. We're going to start pissing people off. So we got us a hardcore! I like! I like!. Project in the house but still not completed: Indian '41 741B, used in WWII... 'Nough already!

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-14 22:23
https://vimeo.com/124896652

https://vimeo.com/114042773

Dang Gerry, I hope nothing is broken. My dog being the Lab he is seems to think my Phantom is a duck. He took a running dive at it one day as it was taking off and it flipped and propelled it self into the lawn. Turned it into a glorified weedeater. The motors ran several seconds before I could get them turned off. My little Syma has a feature that will cut the motor off if there is resistance.
Hope everything is ok with your bird!
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-14 22:23
https://vimeo.com/124896652

https://vimeo.com/114042773

Gerry,

I got the link and watched the video that's how I knew your bird dug in the dirt behind the big screen. What I was trying to say is that right after I watched it last night I tried to post about it in this thread. It wouldn't let me post a reply. I tried several times. I kept getting some message I've never seen before. I just couldn't reply. I hope I cleared that up? I just wanted to let you know.

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-14 22:29
Ray,

Me too, last post. We're going to start pissing people off. So we got us a hardcore! I like! ...

Very very cool! I have been looking over the new Indians....glad they are back.
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-14 22:34
Very very cool! I have been looking over the new Indians....glad they are back.

Quit NOW!!!!

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Okay, last one for a while. When my wife got up and saw the video I did last night she said she was a bit disappointed that I didn't include some of the "Night" stuff. It was the last flight and it was getting dark. After reviewing the clip, I didn't think it looked good. The video was breaking up, I assume because of the lack of light or my non-professional camera settings. She thought it looked different but it was still pretty cool to her. So this one is for her. She has stood by me through this Phantom journey. I made our dining room my lab and workshop and she hasn't complained once. I've devoted more time to this hobby than anything else (besides fishing) since I retired. I think she's happy that I'm putting my mind and hands back to work. And don't crack on me about the dinged garage door. I backed into it this winter with the skid steer while moving snow. It looks a lot better than it did before I fixed it and it works now too. So if you don't like this one it's on my wonderful Wife...

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-15 02:35
Okay, last one for a while. When my wife got up and saw the video I did last night she said she was  ...

I think the vid was great.
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Thanks Jonnie! My wonderful Wife will be very pleased to hear it!

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-15 02:35
Okay, last one for a while. When my wife got up and saw the video I did last night she said she was  ...

It's great Jerry....and a great tribute to your wife.
I need to get mine out at night and see how my camera does....
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Ray,

Thanks, gotta score those points that I can never cash in on! Going to the big city for dinner with her and a couple of her friends tonight (my two friends always seem to be busy). If I play my cards right maybe...just maybe...

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules