1571 14 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Would it have been too cheezy to say "How green is my valley?"

Oh, for those of you unfamiliar with the colloquial term -- "holler" (or hollow) -- is what we call valleys here in Kentucky.  As in "runnin' thru the hills and hollers".

After three days of rain and thunderstorms it ended up being a pretty nice day.

2015-4-16
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

All you need now is some good tunes to go with it.
2015-4-16
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Very nice.  I like the technique at the end - panning up to the 'money shot!'  Nicely done.  Does need music though.

http://freemusicarchive.org/

2015-4-16
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

WOW... you gotta crick, a holler, a feeshin hole, and a lake.... all in one shot!  Nice!!!!
2015-4-16
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-17 10:29
WOW... you gotta crick, a holler, a feeshin hole, and a lake.... all in one shot!  Nice!!!!

Now that is just funny.  I don't care who you are.
2015-4-16
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

I hope you took that pic at the end
2015-4-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-17 10:29

What, you didn't see the cabin and the moonshine still hidden in the edge of the woods at the beginning?
2015-4-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-17 10:14
Very nice.  I like the technique at the end - panning up to the 'money shot!'  Nicely done.  Does ne ...

Thanks for the tip, hadn't done any editing and wasn't sure how I was going to add music without worrying about copyright infringement and such.  Also discovered YouTube has some advanced features where I can add music without having to reload it!  Take another look if you're so inclined.
2015-4-17
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

gil Posted at 2015-4-18 01:20
Thanks for the tip, hadn't done any editing and wasn't sure how I was going to add music without w ...

I reclined and took another look.  Much better with music - adds feeling.  Well done!  I don't know if you did it on purpose, but I like how the end is silent when looking over the lake.
2015-4-17
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

gil Posted at 2015-4-17 13:03
What, you didn't see the cabin and the moonshine still hidden in the edge of the woods at the begi ...

My address is ..........__________.  Quart bottles, 4 please!!!
2015-4-17
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi , the video was smooth, steady, and great to watch.  I enjoyed the whole thing ... Well done.  Ian.
2015-4-17
Use props
TCMAC
lvl.2
United States

I agree with moxy, smoth video ... I was about to say your holler wasn't that green ... As if just coming into spring.... until the last shot... Really beautiful area, where is that?
2015-4-17
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

TCMAC Posted at 2015-4-18 07:43
I agree with moxy, smoth video ... I was about to say your holler wasn't that green ... As if just c ...

Western Kentucky close to Kentucky Lake.  You can actually look it up in Google maps under "Hooper Hollow, Kentucky".  

Yesterday I went to a fish fry at a neighbors and shot some more video that looked even better (I'm currently editing).  There is a scene from about 400 feet where I can see a bird take off from the ground and zoom up right past the camera -- hey, I'm easily entertained.  

And yes bahamasboy, one of the neighbors actually brought some moonshine!
2015-4-18
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

gil Posted at 2015-4-18 22:14
Western Kentucky close to Kentucky Lake.  You can actually look it up in Google maps under "Hooper ...

And FINALLY your avatar has been explained!  MOONSHINE!!
2015-4-18
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I was looking for a Golden Rain Tree.  Nice video
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules