Can the Camera Display in Vision app be Rotated?
1182 4 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkaustin
lvl.1

United States

Running the Vision app on a Nexus 7 tablet, when I connect to the camera the image is upside down.  Yes, I could just rotate the tablet 180 degrees, but then the tablet controls are inaccessible under the sun hood.  Is there a setting anywhere in the app that would let me rotate the display?  Thanks in advance.
2015-4-17
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Just guessing since I am not familiar with the Nexus tablets, isn't there a setting for motion/orientation sensor?

I've used an Motorola android tablet, iPhone and iPad and all of them will self correct dependent on how I have them oriented.
2015-4-17
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I am guessing too but are you using a GoPro?  If so can you turn the GoPro over?
2015-4-17
Use props
dkaustin
lvl.1

United States

Found A solution , even if it's not elegant.  By locking out the screen auto-rotation on the Nexus and making the sure the tablet is in the desired orientation when I open the Vision app, the camera image displays the way I want it to.

If it's stupid but it works, I guess it's not stupid. :-)
2015-4-17
Use props
dkaustin
lvl.1

United States

dkaustin Posted at 2015-4-18 02:17
Found A solution , even if it's not elegant.  By locking out the screen auto-rotation on the Nexus a ...

OK, I crowed too soon.  I am no longer able to get the camera output to display in the desired orientation.  The app opens fine, the display rotates as I rotate the Nexus, but as soon as I press "Camera" the display flips upside down (compared to what I want) and no longer rotates as I rotate the Nexus.  This is a pain because the Nexus controls are now unusable if the sun hood is attached.

I can't find any setting on either the Nexus or in the Vision app that has any effect on this behavior.  Is this just a bug in the Vision app?  I am running Android version 4.4.4
2015-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules