"brakes"
4129 30 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I noticed a new setting for "brakes" in the pilot app ... And changed this to the lowest value ... And oh boy was I in for a suprise with the dramatic change of flying characteristics in GPS mode!!! It's more similar to flying in atti mode this way ...

Any one else tried this ?

I think some settings in the pilot app disappears (not even showing in the menues) when its not connected to the aircraft !?
2015-4-22
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

I recently adjusted the gains update as well and your right, it flies amazingly smooth now without the dramatic breaking.  I love it and my videos are so much smoother
2015-4-22
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-22 22:39
I recently adjusted the gains update as well and your right, it flies amazingly smooth now without t ...

Hi Sky high. Did you lower the gains ?
2015-4-22
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-22 22:39
I recently adjusted the gains update as well and your right, it flies amazingly smooth now without t ...

Not sure if I am happy with the softer brakes or not ...
I wont keep the lowest setting anyways ... As it also effects the accurasy of turning (alot of "drift" with this setting)!
2015-4-22
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

Dave E Posted at 2015-4-22 23:23
Hi Sky high. Did you lower the gains ?

Yes, lowered almost all of the settings.  Made a world of difference.
2015-4-22
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

FYI ... The setting I am talking about is new (at least I didn't see it before) ... It shows in the pilot app when the bird is connected ...

Mode/adv sett/gain&expo ... At the bottom "sensitivity" / Brake ... I'm not sure what the attitude setting does (havent tried it)
2015-4-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Could DJI perhaps advise on the most appropriate settings to remove or reduce the fierce braking as DJI must have done qualitative testing.
2015-4-22
Use props
chris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1213051 ft
United Kingdom

I changed the "brake" setting and without really thinking about it almost cut myself off at the knees when coming in for a landing.
2015-4-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

chris@bigchris. Posted at 2015-4-23 03:27
I changed the "brake" setting and without really thinking about it almost cut myself off at the knee ...

OK so perhaps we don't play around with these settings.

It would be good if Ed or someone from DJI could provide some input or a table showing the results of the various adjustment and the resulting affect on the brake.  We certainly don't want any mishaps by reducing these settings too much.
2015-4-22
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

chris@bigchris. Posted at 2015-4-23 03:27
I changed the "brake" setting and without really thinking about it almost cut myself off at the knee ...

Well ... be prepared that the bird will act alot different than you are used to any ways!
... As the lowest setting will change the stopping distance with several meters if you are coming in fast!

I am back on the 100-setting ... Will work my way down in steps of 5 to find my sweet spot

2015-4-22
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-23 00:39

Many thanks I will give it a try in small steps.
2015-4-23
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

w1der Posted at 2015-4-23 04:06
Well ... be prepared that the bird will act alot different than you are used to any ways!
... As  ...

Please keep us posted when you find that sew spot and the approximate stopping/ braking distances you are achieving.  

Seems like DJI leave all this Beta testing to the Owners as they don't seem to have much input or even guidance on approximate differences that adjustments will give.
2015-4-23
Use props
River 1
New

United States

what were the factory settings .. I forgot .. thanks
2015-4-23
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

River 1 Posted at 2015-4-23 22:08
what were the factory settings .. I forgot .. thanks

I'm not 100% sure but I think it was set to 100 after the update ... And that correlates with the behavior of the bird as I returned to this setting ("panik" brakes if I let go of the sticks) ...

Can someone who didn't change the setting verify this?
2015-4-23
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

w1der Posted at 2015-4-23 22:14
I'm not 100% sure but I think it was set to 100 after the update ... And that correlates with the b ...

Set Midway at 100%

Attitude also 100% but full scale to right.
2015-4-23
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Mine seems to drift a lot more in GPS after I had reduced the baking. Can anyone else confirm this?
2015-4-24
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-24 17:53
Mine seems to drift a lot more in GPS after I had reduced the baking. Can anyone else confirm this?

Depends on what kind of drifting you are reffering to but I had the feeling that the softer setting caused alot wider "turns" ... Acting more like a hovercraft would (actually the same effect as if you where flying in atti) and requiring alot more manual inputs.

I'm thinking it needs some getting used to ...

I kinda like the safety that the hard brakes gives you ...
Usually I have no problems controling a quad ... But now I am also trying to learn to control the camera at the same time ... Now and then my brain just over loads ... And beeing able to let go of the sticks and come to a dead stop is really something I appreciate ...

I'm thinking I'd rather keep the hard brakes setting and learn how to fly smooth in GPS mode by never letting the sticks fully center to avoid the panic braking
2015-4-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am not seeing this Brakes adjustment.
Is this an android setting only or is it in the os App?
2015-4-25
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Visual Air Posted at 2015-4-25 23:48
I am not seeing this Brakes adjustment.
Is this an android setting only or is it in the os App?

I am on an iOS device ... It's below the gain and expo settings but it only shows when you are connected to the inspire!
2015-4-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-23 00:39

What numerical values did you set things to?

Bob
2015-4-25
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

w1der Posted at 2015-4-26 02:44
I am on an iOS device ... It's below the gain and expo settings but it only shows when you are con ...

W1der thanks I see it now..
2015-4-25
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Found this on another site, and I have been using them for a couple of weeks now and they suite my style of flying..

Gain and Expo Settings for the latest FW.
These settings bellow will give you precision flight control, gentle braking and an excellent AP character in hover.
Attitude 71
Brake 70

Regards
Mike.
2015-4-25
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Grimtheviking Posted at 2015-4-26 05:26
Found this on another site, and I have been using them for a couple of weeks now and they suite my s ...

What does the "attitude" setting change ?
2015-4-25
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

These settings are for experienced pilots not for just playing with as you can see from some of the posts that changing them can get someone hurt if your not careful. DJI is not going to publish info about it because they feel the best settings are the default ones. There also isn't a "sweet spot" that will work for everyone because environmental conditions will cause any particular setup to act completely different for different situations. If you live at sea level, the effects of the changes will be dramatically different than they are for me (I live at almost 7,000 feet above sea level).
2015-4-25
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

One could compare changing theese settings with driving your car with wet brakes ...
You get a big surprise when you push them as hard as you usually do ... Only to find out "nothing" happens ...

Be careful after changing these settings  (even if you think you are experienced) ...
All changes of the stick input needs some time getting used to!

For you that dont have a car ...
It's the same thing as getting a brand new xbox controller after wearing the old one out
2015-4-26
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-4-26 15:07
These settings are for experienced pilots not for just playing with as you can see from some of the  ...

Sounds like the best move and input. With stick time built up a little tweaking may be OK.  Also any time you make a change in a setting it is best to make note of the original setting so you can return to that in the event that the new setting does not work out for you.
2015-4-26
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where would we be without, Trial and Error ??????
Especially without proper guidance,,,,
2015-4-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

IMG_5797.PNG

Here is the stock settings                                                         gain should be 0.40

I set mine to 80 inside the range of 70-130. I noticed this to be less exaggerated but still not very smooth when you let the stick go to center. This is nice that we can adjust the feature....

IMG_5798.PNG
2015-4-26
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

Grimtheviking Posted at 2015-4-26 05:26
Found this on another site, and I have been using them for a couple of weeks now and they suite my s ...

where i these settings, I can't find one that says Brake?
mike
2015-5-3
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

where i these settings, I can't find one that says Brake?

Hi Mike,
Mode, top left corner takes you to MC settings, then Advanced settings, and Gain & Expo Tuning.
and I have just altered mine to 85%, I find this suites me better, it takes the edge off braking without too much drift.
But its just a case of trial, to see what suites you,
As mentioned above, be careful and maybe only make slight adjustments at a time, depending on your experience.
Hope this helps,

Regards
Mike.
2015-5-4
Use props
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

I find that a little goes a long way. I've only got about 10 hours of flying time and 96 Attitude and 96 Brake takes the edge off but doesn't feel too slippery.
2015-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules