Is the latest Firmware for P4P any good?
1579 11 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I have been out of the loop for quite a while.  Mostly out of angst because 7 months ago DJI released firmware that hosed both of my drones.

I know there has been a firmware update for the P4 (02.00.700) that seems to have been a step up from the previous nightmare.

Any feedback on FW and Software updates for the P4P?

2018-2-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are asking about the P4Pro, what vers are you on , if your flying ok on what you have carry on - some have had issues - latest AC vers is 1.5.03 - Im on 1.4.7 what it came on - flies just great so staying where I am for now - but you can always roll back if you have an issue.
2018-2-28
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scary isn't it!
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mabou2, thanks for reaching us. We've received some feedback on the reverted pictures and this will be fixed in beta. If you encounter the similar issue, we are glad to add you to the list as well.
2018-3-1
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-2-28 11:16
Are asking about the P4Pro, what vers are you on , if your flying ok on what you have carry on - some have had issues - latest AC vers is 1.5.03 - Im on 1.4.7 what it came on - flies just great so staying where I am for now - but you can always roll back if you have an issue.

As a general observation, I'm not sure about how effective rolling back the firmware on DJI drones is. I've got the I2 and P4P. Just sold a Mavic. Whenever I've rolled back firmware the drones never get back to an original state.
2018-3-2
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inverted video issues while flying was quite scary. Happened to me and I quickly downgraded to former FW which has been wonderful. No problems as of yet. Decided against the Beta because of the reported issues  as well. I think I 'll wait until the next FW for the P4P to fix the inverted video issue.

I've never had to downgrade, ever but with the inverted issue, now that was too risky of an issue for me to take while flying.
2018-3-2
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

So to the OP, to answer your original question, an affirmative 'NO good'.
2018-3-2
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24971795 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-1 02:55
Hi Mabou2, thanks for reaching us. We've received some feedback on the reverted pictures and this will be fixed in beta. If you encounter the similar issue, we are glad to add you to the list as well.

Strange that dji susan is not mentionning the wobblng of engine arms upon take off and landing since the latest fw update , a possible cause if cracks. There have been many reports and posts about this. For me at least .300 fw is no good, flew 8 months with .602 fw , no problems. Just after upgrading to .300 it started vibrating and discovered cracks in engine arms. Did send it to repair, received replacement p4p back, with latest fw, and again wobbling. Downgraded back to .602 and vibration/wobbling is gone.
Just beware with new fw .300
2018-3-2
Use props
cirwin1
lvl.1
United States

I have a P4P+ and lost the Histogram window feature after the latest update today.  I can slide the Histogram to green and it does not show up on the screen.  When I go back to settings, the slider is turned off.  I spent and hour on the phone with DJI tech support and the final advice was to send the transmitter back to DJI.  I think it is a software problem and hopefully they will get it fixed soon.  DJI said the turn around will be 3 weeks.  I'm going to wait before sending it in.  I can live with out the Histogram for a while.
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-3-2 07:56
Strange that dji susan is not mentionning the wobblng of engine arms upon take off and landing since the latest fw update , a possible cause if cracks. There have been many reports and posts about this. For me at least .300 fw is no good, flew 8 months with .602 fw , no problems. Just after upgrading to .300 it started vibrating and discovered cracks in engine arms. Did send it to repair, received replacement p4p back, with latest fw, and again wobbling. Downgraded back to .602 and vibration/wobbling is gone.
Just beware with new fw .300

We're still collecting the data of the wobble issue you referred. Without analysis, we can not draw any conclusion hastily. Welcome to send us the flight logs if anyone has similar issue.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cirwin1 Posted at 2018-3-2 14:59
I have a P4P+ and lost the Histogram window feature after the latest update today.  I can slide the Histogram to green and it does not show up on the screen.  When I go back to settings, the slider is turned off.  I spent and hour on the phone with DJI tech support and the final advice was to send the transmitter back to DJI.  I think it is a software problem and hopefully they will get it fixed soon.  DJI said the turn around will be 3 weeks.  I'm going to wait before sending it in.  I can live with out the Histogram for a while.

May I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? Could you upload a short video for analysis? Thanks so much!
2018-3-7
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Following. Literally JUST bought at P4P online and will get  it next week. So hoping it doesn't come with the newest FW.
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules