Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

Any suggestion for a Drone Insurance in US ?, and Sport Pilot certificate
2015-5-14
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

There was a thread here a little while ago about Squaretrade having great quadcopter insurance because the vision series qualifies as a camera and is even insured from accidental damage. Not sure about the pilot certificate though
2015-5-14
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
United States

dorn.michael10@ Posted at 2015-5-15 12:12
There was a thread here a little while ago about Squaretrade having great quadcopter insurance becau ...

Thank You for your answer
2015-5-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Members of the AMA (American Modeling Association) get some pretty healthy insurance (it's a paid membership of something like $50 or $60 a year) included with their membership. Their coverage extends primarily for RC airplanes. Have no idea if their insurance would/could cover quads.

In the back of my mind I see a quad owner filing a claim and 40 lawyers climb out of the woodwork with challenges about the "....reckless activity, blah, blah, blah."

It seems hardly a week goes by that we don't hear or see an item on the news about some clown doing something stupid with a "drone." When I'm in the park, trying to figure out the best time of the day, angle of the sun, etc., for a shoot of the water winding its way through the islands, there's not a single reporter around. One apparently has to fly the thing through the front window of the police station (or the White House!) before a reporter will respond. Guess it's more or less just a sign of the times.
2015-5-15
Use props
todd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063389 ft
  • >>>
United States

Squaretrade does not offer warranties on Phantoms any longer. There is one company that does.

OP, are you asking about 1st party coverage or liability coverage?
2015-5-15
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.neary-aerial.com/
2015-5-15
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
United States

todd@copelandho Posted at 2015-5-15 21:34
Squaretrade does not offer warranties on Phantoms any longer. There is one company that does.

OP, a ...

liability coverage, I'm more worry about damages caused if my P3 crash on a car or any other property
2015-5-15
Use props
jobes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25446 ft
United States

ara9112003@yaho Posted at 2015-5-16 00:22
liability coverage, I'm more worry about damages caused if my P3 crash on a car or any other prope ...

I contacted my insurance carrier and they said I'd be covered for that and if I crashed into someone. But, only because I have an umbrella policy.
2015-5-15
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

jobes Posted at 2015-5-16 02:06
I contacted my insurance carrier and they said I'd be covered for that and if I crashed into someo ...

That makes sense, as long as they haven't excluded UAV's. That will be next, Im sure.
2015-5-16
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Being a member of your country's RC Aircraft society might give you some insurrance thru that. I have that here but there would likely be a lot of cases where it does not cover.

I also have an extra liability insurrance which is needed to do commercial work and get a commercial UAV-license.
It all depends on where you are in the world. And I'd not be surprised if the insurrance would not cover in case of the local rules for flying were broken (intentionally).

-

Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-16
Use props
Booradley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11349537 ft
United States

ara9112003@yaho Posted at 2015-5-16 00:22
liability coverage, I'm more worry about damages caused if my P3 crash on a car or any other prope ...

You may want to check with your existing homeowner's or renter's policy.  If you are with a good company your liability follows you anywhere in the world with very few exclusions.  You may just want to open up your original policy notice with the Declarations page and read through "conditions" and "exclusions."  Typically with liability only you are not subject to a deductible.  

This doesn't mean that your drone will be covered however it may cover you, up to the liability limit, if you are sued due to property damage, bodily injury, or death.  The way it works with most policies (at least in the United States, my reference point and licensing is in California but much liability is treated the same in other states) is that the insurance company will have a duty to defend you (meaning they will cover legal costs) and settle up to the policy's limits if deemed an accident and a covered loss.  

Source:  I am a licensed Insurance Agent for the largest insurer in the country out of California.  I also used to a be broker representing 20+ different personal line insurance companies. Since 2006.
2015-7-24
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-5-15 23:30

not bad pricing,  I am  hoping they are for real!
2015-7-24
Use props
tcoleyrn
lvl.2

United States

Anyone buy coverage with these guys?  I am thinking about it...
2015-7-24
Use props
tcoleyrn
lvl.2

United States

Anyone use these guys?  Thinking about it for my phantom.
2015-7-28
Use props
joel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

tcoleyrn Posted at 2015-7-28 16:02
Anyone use these guys?  Thinking about it for my phantom.

This is an extended warranty, not insurance.  Would be good to know if they have a good track record.  Combined with a good liability package this would be a good option.
2015-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules