Correct P3 props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drcampbel
lvl.2

United States

A bit confused about the correct props to order as replacements for the P3, can someone simplify with a props 101 and advise which are OE replacements?

Many thanks.
2015-5-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The simplest advise is to replace P3 props with P3 props (if they ever get around to making them available)   

Basically, the hubs in the Phantom 3 props are plastic whereas the hubs in the Phantom 2 series are metal.
Any of the Phantom 2 series props will fit  the Phantom 3.  However, the significant difference to be aware of is that the Phantom 3 uses active braking in the motors so using the included wrench to tighten the props is very important to prevent the actual possibility of the prop spinning off in flight.  The plastic hub just "grips" the threads better.

2015-5-16
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

drcampbel, these are the P3 props (just a different color):
http://store.dji.com/tuned-propu ... d9f643005b76ca00816

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-16
Use props
drcampbel
lvl.2

United States

thanks for your help guys, much appreciated
2015-5-16
Use props
drcampbel
lvl.2

United States

Additionally what make me crazy is that I cannot find a parts diagrams listing specific replacement part numbers so assumed that 9450 was a p/n.  When you see 9450 props listed with both metal hubs and composite hubs then I guess the 9450 refers to the blade profile.  Diagrams with a detailed replacement parts listings including parts from other products that would be usable (even though the color is different) would lead to less  confusion, greater customer satisfaction and last but not least, additional prop sales.  Again thanks for the info.   
2015-5-17
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-17 10:27
The simplest advise is to replace P3 props with P3 props (if they ever get around to making them ava ...

The DJI store is now selling extra batteries and props - and some other stuff. Some of the props look like the right props for the P3, but the same part number is shown for both plastic and metal mounts for the props. I ordered a couple of batteries and a couple of sets of props. Is there any way to examine the props and be darned sure I've got the ones that are safe for the P3?
2015-5-20
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

drcampbel Posted at 2015-5-17 19:36
Additionally what make me crazy is that I cannot find a parts diagrams listing specific replacement  ...

Yes.  The blade numbers do actually describe characteristics of the blade.  The 9450 is a 9.4 inch blade with a 5.0 pitch.  The earlier model 9443 was a 9.4 inch by 4.3 pitch and this model made an approx. 20% ~ 25% improvement over the previous 8045 - 8.0 inch by 4.5 pitch.
2015-5-20
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-21 09:33
The DJI store is now selling extra batteries and props - and some other stuff. Some of the props l ...

The easiest way to distinguish the Phantom 3 props is by the plastic hubs.  The hubs in the Phantom 2 series are metal.  Since I've got both models I've marked the phantom 3 blades so I won't get them mixed up.
2015-5-20
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-21 13:25
The easiest way to distinguish the Phantom 3 props is by the plastic hubs.  The hubs in the Phanto ...

Well, I guess my original question still stands. Are the metal hubs for the Phantom 2 props magnetic?
Does one set weight more/less than the other? As light as props are, is there a fool-proof way to identify which one is metal and which one is plastic?

There was also an insinuation that you *could* use the Phantom 2 props, but you'd better tighten them with the wrench provided instead of just tightening them by hand.
2015-5-21
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

You need to use the 9450 props with plastic hubs.

DJI sells them HERE:  http://store.dji.com/product/self-tightening-propellers

DJI sells Batteris for the Phantom 3 HERE:  http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-intelligent-flight-battery
2015-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules