Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-17
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Axe,

I can't answer your question but I have the Flytrex Core 2 on the way right now. Hopefully you'll get your answers and I'll be following your thread.

Jerry
2015-5-17
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Hi guys,  just got home.  I've got the core 2 also installed in Heathcliff.  I have to recover the bird if I want to get anything from the sd card.  I"m not sure if the new flytrex will transmit it's location to your phone.
2015-5-17
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
2015-5-17
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Simon Newton  On the Kitchen Table.   Do not own one myself.   Simon does a great review on that product.  Guys kind of comical too.  I found him on youtube back when I began researching the phantom.  
2015-5-18
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Axe, According to the website, the Flytrex Live 3g will allow you to find the lost bird:

"Powerful Last Seen tool that helps you recover in the event of a crises.

Data included last known GPS location (lat/long) with map display, voltage, ascent and speed.

Also provides last recorded flight graphs and path, helpful to locate parts that might have fallen during flight"

Real Time Flight Tracking
Via web-site, Android and iOS apps

2015-5-18
Use props
2015-5-18
Use props
2015-5-18
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-5-19 10:51
Thanks Ray I'm going to do lots of research. It's either get married or buy quad accessories.
Hmmm ...

We gotta do what's important!

Did you see my splash down?

2015-5-19
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Awesome train footage.   How's the camera?   Gootta admit for an unplanned shot, the water landing yielded a pretty cool view.
2015-5-19
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-19 22:33
Awesome train footage.   How's the camera?   Gootta admit for an unplanned shot, the water landing y ...

I know! It really surprised me how that turned out. After drying the camera out it worked fine. The gimbal was acting a little crazy but after drying it out it worked fine. Then the compass.....I took the cover off and dried it up. Everything seems to be working now. We have had rain out the whazoo lately and I had no idea there was that much water in the pasture.
2015-5-19
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Good to hear about the camera.   How many new cuss words did you invent while you watched it land in water?   
2015-5-19
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-19 22:45
Good to hear about the camera.   How many new cuss words did you invent while you watched it land in ...

I'll admit, it did tick me off. Poor planning on my part on a ground station flight.....went too far, low speed. Halfway thorough the flight I had 38% battery and knew I was in trouble.
2015-5-19
Use props
2015-5-19
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-5-20 10:55
Hey Ray awesome video and a good bit of keeping a cool head.
How far was the farthest point away f ...

It was only about 3/4 mile, the problem was I was waiting for the train and the Phantom was sitting on the ground powered up for 10 minutes or so draining the battery. Also, my speed was set to 5 mph, way too low. When it reached the furthest point I had 38% battery. Poor planning. I should have taken control of it at that point and brought it home. I took it out yesterday again to check everything. My Go Pro is working fine except it wont stay powered off. I put it in rice last night to see if I can get it completely dried out.
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules