739 4 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

So summer is around the corner, those who of us who got their P3 (Not me) will probably go to the beach for flight but my biggest concern is the battery which heats up noticeably after the flight, so much that it requires a while to cooldown before it will charge, now what would happen if the same battery heats up in the typical summer weather, will the app start screaming warning the user about High battery temperature any time the sun decided to heat up the air to 40+ Degrees?
2015-5-18
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

That was my thought too (Texas heat) though I was thinking more in terms of the onboard processor having hallucinations.
2015-5-18
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

I haven't really haven't noticed much heat from the battery after a flight.
2015-5-19
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Everything on mine seems hotter post-flight than the P2, the motors, the body, the gimbal, the battery. l guess it remains to be seen how it holds up in hot weather.
Once we can get our hands on extra batteries it might be prudent to give it a break between flights. Those of us with other quads could stagger flights, that might help.
2015-5-19
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-19 20:54
Everything on mine seems hotter post-flight than the P2, the motors, the body, the gimbal, the batte ...

All batteries malfunction when exposed to very high/low temperatures, High heat will cause the battery to drain much faster and possibly damage the cells resulting in permanent loss of capacity but that's for extreme heat.
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules