VIDEO ISSUES
1566 9 2015-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john-kirwan89
lvl.1

Germany

Has anybody else got an issue with black horizontal lines in the video? I think I read somewhere that it is an exposure thing but Im not sure. Is there away to turn it off? Its ruining almost all of my video. Mostly shows when throttle is open and moving forward.

Also in some shots i am getting a lot of props in the video, even getting arms and legs sometimes Mostly when the camera is in the neutral position. Is this normal? Anybody else experiecing this? Seems alright if I tilt the cam down a bit.

John

2015-5-19
Use props
Dataway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17152 ft
United States

The lines are caused by the Overexposure warning, in the app click the camera with a gear icon above the button you press when you start the video or snap a picture in there if you scroll you will see the setting for Over exposure warning you can toggle it off or on there.  But you should not see the lines in your video you take only in the preview view.. do you have a link to a video you took showing this...
2015-5-19
Use props
john-kirwan89
lvl.1

Germany

Dataway Posted at 2015-5-20 01:19
The lines are caused by the Overexposure warning, in the app click the camera with a gear icon above ...

Hey thanks for the reply! Sorry I have no video uploaded yet, but yes I am seeing the lines both in fpv and recorded video...
2015-5-19
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

The zebra stripe?
You can disable the over exposure warning option in camera setting.
2015-5-19
Use props
john-kirwan89
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-20 12:03
The zebra stripe?
You can disable the over exposure warning option in camera setting.

I dont have this option in camera settings. I searched everywhere on the app but dosnt seem to be there...
2015-5-20
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The over exposure lines do NOT show in the final recorded footage on your SD card.  Only on the preview display.

You can disable exposure warning with he iOS version of the app.  (Not sure if Android has the switch or not in software.)
2015-5-20
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are the black lines you are talking about very dark and at a about a 45 degree angle covering only the brightest portions of the video on the app display?  If so, these are so-called "zebra stripes" that are intentionally displayed, when the overexposure warning feature is turned on in the app, to highlight over-exposed areas of the video image.  You can find this setting on the main Camera screen, by tapping the Camera Settings icon on the far right of the screen (above the start video and take a picture buttons), then click "More", then turn off the Over Exposure Warning slider.  These zebra stripes should only appear on your mobile device app video screen and NOT in your recorded video file on the SD card.

Or, are the black lines you are seeing fairly dim, slowly rolling down the video frame, and appearing primarily in the top half of your recorded videos on the SD card?  If so, these lines are most commonly caused by propeller shadows being cast on the lens.  These lines will show up in your recorded video files.  This most frequently occurs when you have the lens pointed nearly straight forward (0 degree angle), you are flying forward or are hovering with the camera facing into a strong wind, and sun is nearly directly overhead.  Under this scenario, you often can see the props in the top of the video frame as well.  However, I have seen prop shadow/flicker in recorded video even when the actual props are not visible in the video frame.  There are two ways to avoid/eliminate prop flicker from your videos: 1) angle your camera lens down another 10-15 degrees (if this doesn't mess up your shot), or 2) buy a third-party petal lens hood for the P3 camera lens.  Several can be found on eBay.
2015-5-20
Use props
john-kirwan89
lvl.1

Germany

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-5-21 05:18
Are the black lines you are talking about very dark and at a about a 45 degree angle covering only t ...

Hi thanks for that! I think you are right saying it is the props.
They are slowly rolling lines mostly when camera in 0 position and moving forward just as you said.
When hovering they stop immediately. I tried experimenting with the tilt and the lines are there no more!

Thanks for clearing that up, I just wasnt sure if it was norm or a defect with the camera.

I presume its the same reason I was getting props and arms in the video too.

So do you know why there is the option of tilting the camera up 15 deg if only to cause these lines and props in the video?
2015-5-20
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most folks don't turn on the tilt up feature to avoid capturing video with props visible.  I use it when I want to video myself or others standing near the P3 while it is sitting on the ground before takeoff, or to try to find and/or video objects (birds, airplanes, clouds, etc.) that are at higher elevations than the P3.
2015-5-20
Use props
john-kirwan89
lvl.1

Germany

Yea I suppose if being naughty and flying out of LOS it would be usefull.
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules