iOS "Connection To Phantom Failed" after 1.0.48 Upgrade
1564 7 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kshogan
New

United States

Last time I flew my Phantom Vision it worked fine.  No issues.  iPhone updated automatically to 1.0.48 application and now when ever I open the camera app, I get "Connection To Phantom Failed"   WiFi to unit is fine, stays connected on the phone, but the app shows bars, then they go away.   IP given to phone 192.168.1.140, router 192.168.1.2. pings work to the router from phone, but some packet loss.   Anyone know what the camera should be?

I've done all the binding, unbinding, etc steps multiple times.  No joy.  Aircraft flies fine, but just no video.

Any advice?  Replace range extender first?  

Should one see the FC200 Cameras SSID broadcasting?  I do not, but the bind works.

DJI help is absent, so seeking those that have walked this path.

Thanks

2015-5-30
Use props
brianweger
New

United States

I have the same problem. Hopefully someone will know how to fix this
2015-5-31
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Do you have the Bluetooth turned on. Turn it off and give it a try. Some users have indicated a problem there. If that doesn't work delete the app and download a clean fish copy and give that a try.
2015-5-31
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

More than likely its a firmware mismatch, if you updated the Vision app, you need to update the Phantom firmware and camera to the latest versions as well.
A quick check on the downloads page should show if you need to install the latest firmware.
2015-5-31
Use props
kshogan
New

United States

I've updated to the latest on everything, and still no joy.   Reinstalled, no joy.  Can someone tell me if the FC200 Camera SSID is visible when operating?   I do not see one, but do see the Phantom SSID.

Also, My unit is one of the early P2 Visions, with the USB port on the inside of the controller.  Not that it matters, but maybe thats a difference.

Finally, does anyone know if the 1.3g Vision+ firmware is to be used on the FC200 Vision original camera?  The last version on the Vision page is 1.1.9, but I've read mixed reviews on which is "Current" for the original Vision.

All help is appreciated....
2015-6-1
Use props
purchasesacct
New

United States

Call Drone Nerds in Miami Florida--I did and they helped me. They're listed on DJI's website but their number is 786-708-7807.  The issue isn't software or your phone or interference... it's most likely a bad board in your quadcopter. The guys in Miami are very knowledgeable and will help you troubleshoot the issue, as they did for me. I'm now sending them my quadcopter bc the board in the machine that controls the connection between the camera and the phone most likely has gone bad. They are quite delicate and if you have a crash or hard landing they break. Operating in heat also can cause them to burn out. Call Drone Nerds and they'll run thru some diagnostics and help you much better than DJI Tech Support. If I known how crappy the company's customer support is, I wouldn't have paid $1200 for it. Anyway. the Miami folks will help you.
2015-6-18
Use props
kshogan
New

United States

purchasesacct@y Posted at 2015-6-19 00:18
Call Drone Nerds in Miami Florida--I did and they helped me. They're listed on DJI's website but the ...

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll call them and see what happens.   DJI is probably the worst support company I have ever encountered.  Just terrible.  No emails, no answers, nothing.  Wow.  
2015-7-2
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Did you submit a support request to DJI and get a tracking number?
2015-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules