GroundStation/Data Link - Failsafe does not work as described in manual
2003 5 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilfisch.arcor
lvl.1

Germany

Hello again,

I wonder if there are DataLink / Ground Stations user, who can confirm that there system´s failsafe works as described in the manual:

- If the Mission is finished and theres no signal from the RC Transmitter, the aircraft should go home automatically after 10sec of waiting for new input -

When i tested this, the mission flight had finished and Failsafe was triggered by RC transmitter (GS shows "Failsafe detected or something like that):

The aircraft does not go home, it hovers there until batteries are empty.

Is this a bug, my misunderstanding or simply wrong handling?

Hope to get an answer...

Ulrich

2015-6-9
Use props
learjet
lvl.2

Mexico

i had  same issue  after datalink lost signal, hexacopter execute the  waypoint mission and after finish it was hovering,, didnt return to home point.

according DJI :

Will the waypoint mission continue if my radio signal is lost?The waypoint mission will be continued, if the aircraft operates fully-autonomous mission, regardless of Tx signal and datalink signal. Datalink Signal lost will cause Go Home function if aircraft is in the situation of waiting for next mission.

http://www.dji.com/product/pc-ground-station/faq

2015-8-20
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

Hi nilfisch.

Which manual are you referring to? I can't find anything like your quote in the Ground Station Wireless Data-link User Manual (neither V3.0 nor V3.04).
After the mission is finished, it is finished - simple as that. The aircraft / Data Link isn't psychic. It can't know what you want it to do, unless you "tell" it.
So after the mission has been finished, the system waits for new input. The easiest thing to do, would be to switch in GPS mode and fly it home and land.
A simple return (automatically/autonomously) could be disastrous. There might be obstacles right in the way between the last waypoint and the home point, which could be hit if the system flies straight back.

Kind regards
Chris  
2015-8-23
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

learjet Posted at 2015-8-21 05:19
i had  same issue  after datalink lost signal, hexacopter execute the  waypoint mission and after fi ...

Hi learjet.

The aircraft hovering after a mission has been finished is not the same as waiting for a next mission.
If you're in Click&Go Mode than there might be an automatic return to the home point, but not at the end of a mission.

Kind regards
Chris
2015-8-23
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

learjet Posted at 2015-8-21 05:19
i had  same issue  after datalink lost signal, hexacopter execute the  waypoint mission and after fi ...

Hi learjet.

The aircraft hovering after a mission has been finished is not the same as waiting for a next mission.
If you're in Click&Go Mode than there might be an automatic return to the home point, but not at the end of a mission.

Kind regards
Chris
2015-8-23
Use props
learjet
lvl.2

Mexico

hello Chris_t

i tested and  confirm that you said.
if  you put single waypoints  and while it fly to the (single)waypoint , datalink connections drops  after 1 min  it return to home point and  make autoland.
if you set a route with more than 1 waypoints , if datalink connection  drops, the copter will execute the flight  mission and just will hover in the last waypoint till you give a new order
it will no enter in GO HOME  mode.  (very important the last waypoint to be close to user area so that he will be able take control manual or copter catch again the datalink signal )
2015-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules