Got to ask.. Gimbal getting warm after firmware update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I have got to ask... Has anybody noticed that the gimble seems to be warmer than before the latest update. when I removed the SD card my gimble was hot... And I don't remember it being hot at all. I know the P3P has a fan on the gimbal but the P3A doesn't... and I have the P3A... Is the new firmware heating up the gimbal more than before?

2015-6-16
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

You guys have me really worried about updating FW.
2015-6-16
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Well update it and see if your gimble heats up
2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the Pro and not noticed when I did a test flight today after updating. Although I live in the UK and nothing really gets hot
2015-6-16
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

yeap same on my side but later when flying all was ok ...
P3 Advanced
2015-6-16
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

Ummm..  I have the P3A...  It definitely  has a fan in the gimbal....  Mine, either that or an angry wasp lives in there and turning on the Phantom wakes it up!

Maybe the issue is that the fan is not running after the firmware update?  Or the fan has failed, not related to the firmware update?
2015-6-16
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Can you post a picture of the fan. I see a place where one could go and only thought that was for the Pro model.
2015-6-17
Use props
devdavi
lvl.1

United States

I updated to 1.2.8 today and the gimbal ran for about 25 minutes and the best way I could describe the temp was as hot as a cell phone after watching a lot of videos or 3D graphics app. It was uncomfortably hot if you touched it, but it wasn't hot enough to burn on a touch. Next time I'll be using a desk fan on it while it's working.
2015-6-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

It's gotta fan cooling it for a reason ya know, the top of the gimble is where lightbridge is..  It's transmitting and encoding video, so it's basically a video card with a transmitter and receiver built in...
2015-6-18
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-19 10:37
It's gotta fan cooling it for a reason ya know, the top of the gimble is where lightbridge is..  It' ...

My P3 Advance doesn't have a fan on top of the gimble... there is a place for one. I do believe that only  the P3 PRO has the fan on top of the gimble.

With that said I do hear a fan inside the body but I can not see that one. I am talking about the gimble. If you have a Advance and you have a fan there can you post a picture?
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules