Activation Failed - Inspire 1
6086 31 2015-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noah.kalina
lvl.1

United States

I just got my Inspire 1 and I am trying to set it up.

First thing I did was update the firmware on the drone.

Next I turn the remote on and it asks to register the drone through the app. I go through the steps and when I get to the last step it tells me "Activation Failed".

I tired creating another account with a different email, same error.

I called support and they said that the servers in China might be updating and to try again later. It's been a few hours and still the same message.

Has anyone encountered this?

2015-7-20
Use props
lostinthezone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

The first time I tried activating my Phantom 3 I had a similar issue.  I tried again later and then it worked.  So... try again until it works

Rob
2015-7-20
Use props
noah.kalina
lvl.1

United States

10 hours later, still the same error message. Could they still be updating the servers? Am I the only one trying to activate a drone right now?

I wrote DJI tech support and received this response:

"For activation problem, I recommend you change an internet environment and close the vpn service on your device. If this doesn't work, please try change an email account and try again."

I have tried this over WIFI and cell network, same issue. I don't use a VPN service so I don't think that is the issue. I tried with two different email accounts, one I signed up with in the app.

2015-7-21
Use props
noah.kalina
lvl.1

United States

This is what the message looks like. I can't get beyond this screen.
2015-7-21
Use props
noah.kalina
lvl.1

United States

I figured out the issue.
It turns out the firmware on the remote wasn't installed properly.
Once the firmware on the remote was updated it activated just fine.
Hope this helps people who encounter this error in the future.
2015-7-21
Use props
galkhaled
New
Flight distance : 165794 ft
Kuwait

noah.kalina Posted at 2015-7-21 22:55
I figured out the issue.
Once t ...

i have the exactly same problem. could it be that I upgraded the firmware on the RC to v1.3.0.00 before I registered? can anyone help
2015-9-30
Use props
jnpblchillon
New

Argentina

Please. Help! I have the same problem. I need some instructions for fix this. I am a new user. Thanks
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jnpblchillon Posted at 2016-8-10 12:56
Please. Help! I have the same problem. I need some instructions for fix this. I am a new user. Thank ...

In order to better assist you, i would need additional information. Which Inspire model do you have and what mobile device are you using to attempt activation with? Do you use a home WiFi or cellular data when activating? How far into the process do you get before it fails?
2016-8-10
Use props
jpclarke888
New

New Zealand

galkhaled Posted at 2015-9-30 23:01
i have the exactly same problem. could it be that I upgraded the firmware on the RC to v1.3.0.00 b ...

Hello? How are you going?
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jpclarke888 Posted at 2016-9-14 16:26
Hello? How are you going?

Were you able to activate your unit?
2016-9-14
Use props
jnpblchillon
New

Argentina

Hello! Thank you very much for paying attention to my problem. I had a firmware incompatibility problem . They helped me from DJI online . Now I have another problem that is totally my fault . Inadvertently I made a rc downgrade to version 1.6. The previous version was 1.7 which was walking perfectly . How can i fix this?. Thank you very much
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jnpblchillon Posted at 2016-9-21 10:41
Hello! Thank you very much for paying attention to my problem. I had a firmware incompatibility prob ...

When you enter camera view and go into the overall status section, you will see a notice that an upgrade is required for the RC. You can then perform the update process for 1.7 again.
2016-9-21
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

I am also having this same problem,  I updated the firmware in my remote control to the latest 1.7.40 per prompt however I still am getting the Activation Failure and have been all day about the last 8hrs.  I tried chatting with DJI online however their only solution given was to email DJI and arrange a return for replacement unit and were no help what so ever!
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-10-20 21:43
I am also having this same problem,  I updated the firmware in my remote control to the latest 1.7.4 ...

Is the aircraft firmware up to date as well? What mobile device are you using? How far into the process do you get before you receive an activation failure notice?
2016-10-20
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-21 04:55
Is the aircraft firmware up to date as well? What mobile device are you using? How far into the pr ...

I checked to make sure it was all completely up to date, the aircraft and remote are both up to date and I have the DJI Go app just installed on my phone,  I have tried on an iPad Mini and my iPhone 6s Plus with no luck.  I get all the way up to where it asks the email address and password to log in,  I get to the "confirm your account page" make sure my information is correct, click on the "Activate" button and get the error "Activation Failed, Please Retry-  Activation Service Error"  I have been getting this for about the last 24hrs now and this has been keeping me from being able to even fly my Inspire 1
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-10-21 07:35
I checked to make sure it was all completely up to date, the aircraft and remote are both up to da ...

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you already had a DJI account prior to activating correct? You're not trying to set up a DJI account during the activation process? The former would be the easier way to activate. If you're still having issues with activating even using that method with the same email, could you happen to try activating with a different email address?
2016-10-21
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

Guam

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-22 04:30
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you already had a DJI account prior to activating correct?  ...

I already set up an account for the App prior to trying to activate the inspire,  I have tried different email addresses as well and get the same result,  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I have tried 3 different devices and still no luck getting it to work
I have been looking around in the forums here too and noticed something that differentiated from my firmware settings, I see everyone who has updated to the 1.9.1.30 for their drone and their camera shows firmware version 1.9.1.10..  my firmware for my drone is showing 1.9.1.30+ and camera showing 1.8.1.00  could this be affecting the activation and how can I get the camera firmware updated to match the drone
14787026_10153775716901883_967022307_o.jpg
14800067_10153775810386883_2019002439_o.jpg
2016-10-21
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

Guam

noah.kalina Posted at 2015-7-22 00:55
I figured out the issue.
Once t ...

Noah,  how did you go about updating the firmware on your remote,  did you just have the DJI Go app opened and download/update the firmware that way?
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-10-22 10:00
I already set up an account for the App prior to trying to activate the inspire,  I have tried diff ...

That may be an issue. Just to make sure, you have the Inspire 1 Pro or is it just the Inspire with the X3 camera?
2016-10-23
Use props
jackalope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38520 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-23 11:38
That may be an issue. Just to make sure, you have the Inspire 1 Pro or is it just the Inspire with the X3 camera?

Has this been resolved? I just received a new inspire 1 pro with the X5, and can't get it to activate. I've tried multiple devices, multiple e-mails, upgraded and downgraded firmwares on the drone and remote, and have been trying consistently for two days. Any ideas?

I get an error screen that says, "Activation Failed. Please retry. Activation Service Error"
2017-1-17
Use props
fans6a67ffba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134567 ft
United States

Inspire1 pro x5 camera new last night cant activate. every time I try it fails
2017-1-18
Use props
fans6a67ffba
lvl.1
United States

call DJI and ask tech to consult Michal he can fix it I updated remote first and you don't want to do that  fixed over the phone.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jackalope Posted at 2017-1-17 22:29
Has this been resolved? I just received a new inspire 1 pro with the X5, and can't get it to activate. I've tried multiple devices, multiple e-mails, upgraded and downgraded firmwares on the drone and remote, and have been trying consistently for two days. Any ideas?

I get an error screen that says, "Activation Failed. Please retry. Activation Service Error"

Just to clarify, are the mobile devices you're using have both WiFi and cellular data? Have you tried activation with either one of those internet sources? How far into the activation process do you get to before it says it failed?
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans6a67ffba Posted at 2017-1-18 12:45
Inspire1 pro x5 camera new last night cant activate. every time I try it fails

If you could answer post #23 as well, it would be appreciated. In addition, what mobile devices have you tried using for activation?
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans6a67ffba Posted at 2017-1-18 13:43
call DJI and ask tech to consult Michal he can fix it I updated remote first and you don't want to do that  fixed over the phone.

Good to hear it worked out for you!
2017-1-18
Use props
jackalope
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 15:21
Just to clarify, are the mobile devices you're using have both WiFi and cellular data? Have you tried activation with either one of those internet sources? How far into the activation process do you get to before it says it failed?

Yes I've tried activating it on an iphone 7 and iphone 7 plus, both using wifi and cellular. I've also tried with an ipad mini on a separate internet connection.
2017-1-18
Use props
jackalope
lvl.1
United States

jackalope Posted at 2017-1-18 18:00
Yes I've tried activating it on an iphone 7 and iphone 7 plus, both using wifi and cellular. I've also tried with an ipad mini on a separate internet connection.

I also just purchased a mavic and an osmo and they both activated without any problems. only the inspire won't activate.
2017-1-18
Use props
jackalope
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 15:21

Oh, and also, it goes all the way to the part where it says "Confirm Your Account". I then put in my e-mail address and password. Then it says Activation Failed. Please retry, Activation Service Error.
2017-1-18
Use props
fans6a67ffba
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem, I upgraded my remote immediately first thing, and you can't do that I found out, DJI PHONE tech help me reverted back to earlier  firmware 1.5.8 and that gave me the ability to register it and start updating the craft and then after all the craft updates are done the go back and put 1.7.60 on it  but they said the technician to get a hold of a DJI that can fix about anything over the phone his name is Michael   I was talking to somebody last night on DJI online tech the only option they have for me was the slap a UPS label on it and send it back to California to DJI and wait about three weeks get a new one this guy to help me fixed up in less than three hours with all the updates.
2017-1-18
Use props
fans6a67ffba
lvl.1
United States

2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jackalope Posted at 2017-1-18 18:08
Oh, and also, it goes all the way to the part where it says "Confirm Your Account". I then put in my e-mail address and password. Then it says Activation Failed. Please retry, Activation Service Error.

As of right now, is the aircraft and RC up to date? Did you perform the update with the aircraft first and then the RC?
2017-1-18
Use props
Flying Penguin
lvl.1
Mexico

My Ispire 1 Pro recently came back from DJI after repair. And it needed to be re-activated. I got exactly the same problem including the daft "Chinese server " excuse.   
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules