Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick.rickandluc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767126 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Just looking for some guidance as I just recently purchased the P3P.
I have had the error message about the gimbal overload display almost constantly since my first flight a week ago. I have recalibrated the gimbal numerous times and of course read the posts talking about a possible fix at the next software release.
But the fact I can't get any smooth video has me concerned it is a bigger problem. When I opened the box, the plastic support for the camera had already come off and the camera had been loose during shipping.
Today when I went to try another flight (moving to 1080 vs. 4k to see if I can get an improvement) the camera was pointing off to the right. Recalibrating the gimbal was no help and it took a shutdown and restart to fix this issue.
Lastly during flight, at about 43 seconds there was one last shake and then it went smooth, as the error message stopped for a while.
I posted a one minute video of the flight here: http://youtu.be/hhs8wbBqKsA

I really hope the software change will correct not only the error message but also the gimbal performance.
Thanks for any advice on this.
Rick
2015-7-25
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

only with a new gimbal FW, lets hope there is a new and better gimbal FW.
2015-7-25
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

Looks exactly like the problem I'm having.

See my thread here:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-24618-1-1.html

Check out the videos in post #2 and #3.

When did you receive your unit?
2015-7-25
Use props
rick.rickandluc
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

aek Posted at 2015-7-25 23:55
Looks exactly like the problem I'm having.

See my thread here:

AEK,

Yes, I believe it is exactly the same, as I was testing the gimbal in the same way just yesterday. It moves freely from left to right for a small range when moved gently with a finger, then it actually corrected itself once. It was delivered July 17th.
I will try your suggestion to warm it up and recycle the power.
BTW: I see you are in Sweden and I work in Gothenburg a couple of weeks each month.
2015-7-26
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

I got mine on July 3:rd, so maybe they are from the same batch.

Yeah, I'm in Stockholm.
2015-7-26
Use props
rick.rickandluc
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Update:
While I clearly seemed to have a dead spot with the gimbal where you could move the camera from straight ahead to the left some 15 degrees without it returning, I must admit I thought the white piece was a part of the mount. When I realized it was just foam and part of the shipping retainer I removed it and re-calibrated the gimbal.   No more overload fault now at least, but the video is still far from being as smooth as I see in others videos. I will have to buy the prop balancer and try that. The MP4 setting did seem to help a lot over the MOV format.
2015-7-29
Use props
sean.d.berry
New

United States

I was having same problem. My issue turned out to be a small white foam piece tucked behind the gimbal to keep it stable during shipping. Took that off and all gimbal warnings and camera shaking are gone. I've had my phantom for two days. It's sweet.
2015-8-27
Use props
pmiller533
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29665 ft
United States

When I power up the aircraft the gimbal does not level itself. I downloaded the new software but it hasn't helped. I can adjust the gimbal calibration manually until it is level, but this is a new problem. Any suggestions?
2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules