ND Filters For Phantom 3. Polar Pro vs. SRP
6391 21 2015-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agerety
lvl.1

United States

Im looking to purchase some ND and Pola filters for my Phantom 3, but really cant decide on either Polar Pro or SRP.

http://polarprofilters.com/shop/Phantom3Filter
or
http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/p3-series-filters

Im curious to hear if anyone has used either of these brands specifically and how the quality of the glass differs. Currently im leaning towards Polar Pro because of the significant weight differnece.  Im also partial to the screw on design vs the slip on style. Just seems like a better mounting option.

Any input of your experience using these filters, effects on the gimbal from the added weight, and overall quality in glass would be much appreciated. Thanks!
2015-7-26
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

following..... I wanna know too.  
2015-7-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a few SRP lenses. They work well and are made well. The only thing I don't like about them is that it takes a good bit of force to slide the lens on and off. I decided to go with them though since they have a graduated 16-8 filter. I heard Polar Pro is coming out with that lens too. It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off though since the lens must be rotated to an exact position.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-26
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Polar Pro.
2015-7-26
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1456847 ft
Sweden

I give my vote for the http://polarprofilters.com/shop/DJI-Phantom-3-Filter or now the big lenses pack http://polarprofilters.com/shop/Phantom3Filter.
Now using the ND8 mostly and happy.
2015-7-26
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

I have to taco set because they are the same weight as the stock uv filter. -- http://taco-rc.com/taco-rc-nd-filters-set-nd4-8-16-32-for-dji-phantom-3-professional-advance-free-shipping/
2015-7-27
Use props
agerety
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-27 09:29
I bought a few SRP lenses. They work well and are made well. The only thing I don't like about them  ...

Thank you for the input. Super helpful!
2015-7-27
Use props
agerety
lvl.1

United States

mech@wispertel. Posted at 2015-7-27 16:32
I have to taco set because they are the same weight as the stock uv filter. -- http://taco-rc.com/t ...

Ended up going with the polar pro pack. Going to try them out and post my thoughts. Unfortunately now they aren't shipping till Aug 20th.

*However I did buy the Yaw item from Taco-RC. Super pumped to use that smart and simple accessory. Even when turning down the gain to the lowest setting I still feel like the Yaw is too fast. I'm hoping this is the answer. So thanks!
2015-7-27
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the Polar Pro 6 pack and have been happy with it so far.
2015-7-28
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Polar Pro!
2015-7-28
Use props
IRS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1207890 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-7-27 14:48
I give my vote for the http://polarprofilters.com/shop/DJI-Phantom-3-Filter or now the big lenses pa ...

I received my Polar Pro Pack today but can't unscrew the front of the P3P lens - it appears to be fixed. I have tried the same on a friend of mines P3P and it's the same. What' the secret to unscrew it???
2015-8-4
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1456847 ft
Sweden

No, but they are tight. First of all have firm grip of the camera so you not put force or pressure on the gimbal. Try to hold the camera in different angels when you try to unscrew the lens. If you press to much pressure with your fingers then it will not lose either. Yes, it a little tricky
2015-8-4
Use props
Scottd825
lvl.1

United States

I had the PolarPro filter for the Gopro when using my P2 but didn't think it worked well. The image would be washed out unless the frame had the sun directly in it. For my P3 filter, I decided to try Phantom Filters. It's a Danish company which makes ND and polarization filters that fit between the existing lens cover and lens and weigh less than .2 grams. I've been very happy with the product.

http://phantomfilters.bigcartel.com/
2015-8-5
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Scottd825 Posted at 2015-8-5 22:57
I had the PolarPro filter for the Gopro when using my P2 but didn't think it worked well. The image  ...

I bought the Danish filters but find I can't get them clean and so have ended up with s near using the ND2 and ND4.  :-(
2015-8-5
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

I have the Taco and Polar Pro and a couple of the SRP filters, all latest versions. I like the PP filters best so far because of the CP is included in the 6 pack. For me that matters. The SRP are nice but sometimes difficult to install on my P3A and I get a slight vignette and they are much heavier and even though I did not do it, they really need to be balanced on the gimbal, some offsetting weights are needed. The SRP are push on with an o-ring inside and go on over the UV filter. The PP and Taco screw on to the front of the camera after removing the DJI UV filter. Any or all of them will work, it comes down to preferences. I like the CP effect so the PP works for me and also they coatings seem better to me.

Alan
2015-8-5
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

>> The SRP are nice but sometimes difficult to install on my P3A and I get a slight vignette

That will happen if you do not push the filters on the whole way.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-5
Use props
IRS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

I see you're using the Polar Pro filters. How difficult was it to unscrew the end of the lens on the P3P ?
I can't budge mine or 2 other P3P's I have tried
2015-8-8
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

IRS Posted at 2015-8-9 08:09
I see you're using the Polar Pro filters. How difficult was it to unscrew the end of the lens on t ...

It was a little tight at first.  I got a good grip on the camera and used a rubber jar lid remover to twist the filter off.  After I got the stock filter off I lubed the threads with a tiny bit of silicone lube and no problem removing on installing thereafter.  
2015-8-8
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

IRS Posted at 2015-8-5 12:52
I received my Polar Pro Pack today but can't unscrew the front of the P3P lens - it appears to be  ...

I took a rubber inner tube cut a nice chunk off of it and used that.  Just give it steady pressure without squeezing too hard and it will give.   
2015-8-8
Use props
IRS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

dlongcamp@aol.c Posted at 2015-8-9 09:14
I took a rubber inner tube cut a nice chunk off of it and used that.  Just give it steady pressure ...

Thanks for the tips. I ended up using a wide rubber band wrapped around the filter used light finger pressure and it unscrewed easily.
2015-8-8
Use props
youngbill
lvl.1

United States

Love my Polar Pros. In interest of full disclosure, the first set they sent me had some type of glue on the glass. One email to them and I had a new set shipped to me ASAP.  Excellent customer service!
2015-8-9
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

A vote for the Taco-RC set - come in a nice zipped case too
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules