Drop from 5 feet with 5% battery what should i do now?
1280 5 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huasaipan
lvl.2

Northern Mariana Islands

I was flying the drone above a concrate ground.
The battery dropped to 10% while I was trying to land when the drone is about 5 feet off the ground and battery was at 5% it just shut off and fall upside down. End result was a snaped roter which i can replace but the camera and the cable for it got snaped, the camera it self seems poped out but I am not sure if it is broken or just need to pop back in.

What should I do now? Is there parts I can order or I need to send it in for repair?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks
image2-1.JPG image1.JPG
image1.JPG
image2-1.JPG
2014-12-1
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

At an absolute "you'll-be-lucky-as-hell-if-that's-all-it-needs" minimum an elusive ribbon cable is going to be necessary.  Offhand I'd say you have three options:
   1) Send it in to DJI and see if they'll repair it
   2) Just bite the bullet and go ahead and spend the $675.00 for a new camera now
   3) Take a shot with www.usdronerepair.com  Looks like they would "charge $80 to fix the gimbal and install the ribbon cable. You must supply the ribbon cable or we will purchase it and bill you for it."

Just remember, it's only a bad experience if you didn't learn anything (pay attention to those battery levels!)
2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Choose one from of the above steps and purchase one of these should help in the future.
2014-12-1
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-2 08:29
Choose one from of the above steps and purchase one of these should help in the future.

And please don't fly your lipos down to 10% or less...
2014-12-1
Use props
huasaipan
lvl.2

Northern Mariana Islands

Well I didn't fly it, I was trying to land it and it just shuts power in the mid air and drop 5 feet down.
Thanks
2014-12-1
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

huasaipan@gmail Posted at 2014-12-2 11:24
Well I didn't fly it, I was trying to land it and it just shuts power in the mid air and drop 5 feet ...

Really feel sorry for all that.

Too lower battery level when you decide to descend. What we have to make sure is the discharge capacity is greatly influenced by the battery capacity. Lower capacity in some ways equals to high risks.

2014-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules