United Kingdom

2022-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, what a great boat size comparison shot DA.    Another cool target of opportunity presented itself.  
2022-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely spotted.
My first impression was "Wait for meee..."
2022-7-2
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The titles are always very fitting. Nice.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-2 03:37
Wow, what a great boat size comparison shot DA.    Another cool target of opportunity presented itself.

thanks DT,      some days at high tide there's no activity and others they all are milling about,  this was one of those days.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 7-2 05:28
The titles are always very fitting. Nice.

Cheers Depp,   I always try and find a catchy title.   
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-2 04:58
Nicely spotted.
My first impression was "Wait for meee..."

That would have been a good title Mr B.  
2022-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 23:17
That would have been a good title Mr B.

2022-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 23:17
thanks DT,      some days at high tide there's no activity and others they all are milling about,  this was one of those days.

You're most welcome DA.    Always good when you can take advantage of the photo ops.  
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this wonderful aerial photo that you have captured using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2022-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-3 05:51
You're most welcome DA.    Always good when you can take advantage of the photo ops.

Had another chance opportunity over the weekend,   good job I had saved a battery.
2022-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-3 20:50
Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this wonderful aerial photo that you have captured using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.  .

thank you DJI Stephen.   
2022-7-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 23:30
Had another chance opportunity over the weekend,   good job I had saved a battery.

Always nice to have a spare fully charged battery.  
2022-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-4 05:22
Always nice to have a spare fully charged battery.

Currently bidding on a plus battery thats on eBay and in the UK,    whats hilarious is that for battery thats not sold here its got the UK safety markings on the label.  
2022-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-4 23:17
Currently bidding on a plus battery thats on eBay and in the UK,    whats hilarious is that for battery thats not sold here its got the UK safety markings on the label.

That's really interesting about it having the UK safety markings.  

With the short range issue on the Mini 3 I was still able to fly 2 full extended batteries.  I averaged 38 minutes which is short of the advertised 47 minutes but still a lot of flying time compared to the Air 2s.
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 23:51
thank you DJI Stephen.

Hi there DAFlys. Thank you for the reply and you re very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-7-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-5 04:02
That's really interesting about it having the UK safety markings.  

With the short range issue on the Mini 3 I was still able to fly 2 full extended batteries.  I averaged 38 minutes which is short of the advertised 47 minutes but still a lot of flying time compared to the Air 2s.

Im only getting 18 to 20 minutes on the standard battery (although I am landing with 25% left) so the bigger will be nice to have.  There was a busy it now one but I'm trying to pay a bit less by bidding,    call me cheap.
2022-7-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot!
2022-7-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-5 22:48
Im only getting 18 to 20 minutes on the standard battery (although I am landing with 25% left) so the bigger will be nice to have.  There was a busy it now one but I'm trying to pay a bit less by bidding,    call me cheap.

That's not being cheap, that's being frugal.  No sense paying more than you have to.  You're going to love the extended battery.
2022-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Peter (he typed Oeter but I auto corrected it for him)   
2022-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-6 08:31
That's not being cheap, that's being frugal.  No sense paying more than you have to.  You're going to love the extended battery.

Did a hyperlapse (see todays post) and I really could have used the bigger battery,  by the time you fly in and back there's not a lot of time on the standard battery.
2022-7-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-6 22:07
Did a hyperlapse (see todays post) and I really could have used the bigger battery,  by the time you fly in and back there's not a lot of time on the standard battery.

I was the hyperlapse....great job on it.  No doubt about the nicety of having the extended batteries.  Hopefully, you'll be able to pick up one soon.
2022-7-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 7-6 22:03
Cheers Peter (he typed Oeter but I auto corrected it for him)

Hahahahahaha.
You're welcome!
2022-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-7 06:11
I was the hyperlapse....great job on it.  No doubt about the nicety of having the extended batteries.  Hopefully, you'll be able to pick up one soon.

Been out bid on the one I was trying for,   but there is one ending sooner thats going a bit cheaper so I'm bidding on that one first.
2022-7-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-7 22:53
Been out bid on the one I was trying for,   but there is one ending sooner thats going a bit cheaper so I'm bidding on that one first.

Hope you are successful.  

Got email from DroneNerds saying they are fully stocked on Mini 3 Pros and accessories.  They sold out their initial stock within hours so will be interesting to see how quick they sell out this time.  
2022-7-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-8 06:43
Hope you are successful.  

Got email from DroneNerds saying they are fully stocked on Mini 3 Pros and accessories.  They sold out their initial stock within hours so will be interesting to see how quick they sell out this time.

Outbid again but I will put a cheeky bid in at the last minute.
2022-7-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-9 01:12
Outbid again but I will put a cheeky bid in at the last minute.

I've only been lucky one time on eBay auctions.  I bid on an item on the first day it was posted and basically forgot about it until I got an email saying I won it 7 days later.  Seems like somebody always wants the items more than me.  I remember a couple of items going for more than a Buy now listing for the same product.  Those bidders must have got caught up in the heat of the bidding war.  
2022-7-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-9 04:59
I've only been lucky one time on eBay auctions.  I bid on an item on the first day it was posted and basically forgot about it until I got an email saying I won it 7 days later.  Seems like somebody always wants the items more than me.  I remember a couple of items going for more than a Buy now listing for the same product.  Those bidders must have got caught up in the heat of the bidding war.

I normally put a low bid in early so that I get it in the app as a reminder,  then I will either bid manually in the last 3 seconds or use a website called just snipe.
2022-7-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-9 22:54
I normally put a low bid in early so that I get it in the app as a reminder,  then I will either bid manually in the last 3 seconds or use a website called just snipe.

I think I've been the victim of sniping on eBay a couple of times.  Of course, it is all about the timing, but mostly in milliseconds before time runs out.
2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-10 05:40
I think I've been the victim of sniping on eBay a couple of times.  Of course, it is all about the timing, but mostly in milliseconds before time runs out.

I know I have many times,   I tend to wait for the last three seconds and then manually hit the bid button,  how long that takes to hit eBay is anyones guess.    The snipe site for free does it at 8 seconds, and 3 for paid IIRC.
2022-7-10
Use props
Dominik__W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Very cool photo
2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thank you kind sir.   
2022-7-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 22:45
I know I have many times,   I tend to wait for the last three seconds and then manually hit the bid button,  how long that takes to hit eBay is anyones guess.    The snipe site for free does it at 8 seconds, and 3 for paid IIRC.

I'm sure a surge of last second bids hitting the eBay servers creates issues for them and who knows which one actually got in last before time ran out but eBay.  
2022-7-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-11 08:52
I'm sure a surge of last second bids hitting the eBay servers creates issues for them and who knows which one actually got in last before time ran out but eBay.

Im not sure if these items are popular enough to have that many last minute bidders.
2022-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-11 23:47
Im not sure if these items are popular enough to have that many last minute bidders.

Never considered that but you could be onto something about those not so popular items.
2022-7-12
Use props
Dominik__W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

2022-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules