new P2V+ perpetual 'connection failed' help pls!?
1484 8 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duncancmccall
New

United States

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can help (have scoured Youtube and forums and tried every fix to no avail).

Got a new P2V+ couple of days ago.

First day flying – I set it up, take it out, do first test flight all works fine.

Come back, upgrade the firmware to 3.08. Charge again – head out, this time no matter what I go I cannot get the camera to send a picture through to my smart phone. I can connect to the range extender etc but when I fire up the app, it shows it’s connected but when I go to ‘Camera’ it always defaults to “Connection to Phantom failed”.

I have perform the following:

• multi restarts
  • re binding
  • Re set up SSID etc
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled app
  • Tried different phone
  • Tried turning off phones radios
  • Everything else I could see suggested on every forum and such.

I’m at the end of trouble shooting now. Cannot think of anything else to try.

Does anyone have an ideas? Can I try downgrading the firmware perhaps?

Any help greatly appreciated indeed, supposed to be taking it away for a trip and trying to decide if to send back or not…

Duncan

2014-12-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

There is a setting on some phones (Android for sure) that causes the phone to disconnect from unreliable WIFI networks; aka, networks that have no internet connection.  On the Android phones, if you don't turn this off the connection will be connected and lost a few moments later and if this the only WIFI you have configured then I find it will often continuously connect/disconnect/connect...
2014-12-7
Use props
duncancmccall
New

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-8 08:20
There is a setting on some phones (Android for sure) that causes the phone to disconnect from unreli ...

Thanks for that - this is an iPhone though, and i am ok holding the wifi connection to the P2V+, but just cannot get the camera stream up in the app....
2014-12-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As you mentioned that you where seeing “Connection to Phantom failed”, are you certain the WIFI connection is being maintained?

One thing I found that helped on an older iPhone I was testing with was to close other running apps; it seamed that the additional running apps took sufficient processing time away resulting in loss of live feed.  Something else you can try; lower the resolution coming back from the Phantom; that value is in the settings screen in the Vision App.
2014-12-7
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

duncancmccall@y Posted at 2014-12-8 09:45
Thanks for that - this is an iPhone though, and i am ok holding the wifi connection to the P2V+, b ...

It sounds tricky..
The WiFi indicator on your iphone screen is GREEN, and the drone power is ON, right?
2014-12-8
Use props
duncancmccall
New

United States

Hi there - thanks for the input.

yes the wifi is being maintained, and the drone is switched on, I tried higher and lower resolution setting as well... to no avail.

the thing worked perfectly on my first flight, the only thing I did in-between (other than charge) was to upgrade the firmware on the drone by plugging in a USB directly (my mac on the other end.).

2014-12-8
Use props
duncancmccall
New

United States

Just to close this out, I emailed support and they suggested that the machine is defective and send back to Amazon which I did.

you will be pleased to hear I ordered another that arrived today so willing to give it another try (no firmware update this time though!)

2014-12-10
Use props
mousseau
New
United States

I have had the exact same issues although mine lost the video on the iPhone 6 (with 64 gigs, so no memory issues) spontaneously after the first couple flights. The wifi extender seems to be working fine with data coming and going, and the left green light flashes at a high rate suggesting lots of data transfer going on.  I guess I will send mine back to Amazon as well.  Given the number of similar reports it sound slike there is a general issue here?

2014-12-10
Use props
miles.rochford
New

United Kingdom

I've been having the same problem too, but reseating the 4 pin cable between the Phantom and the camera/gimbal (opposite side to the SD card slot) seems to have resolved things for now. I suspect it just vibrated loose – I haven't had any hard landings.
2015-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules