2055 36 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QLsoQlTK05TK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 532946 ft
Canada

Hi there,
I had my Mini 4 Pro for about a month now.

I've noticed that, especially when focused far, like when shooting a landscape, the right side of the camera is blurry.
I've tried cleaning the lens (it was already clean) but it did nothing.

What is the best way to get this fixed?
Is there something I can do or it needs to be send for servicing?

I'm assuming that it's covered by the warranty?

Thanks
2023-10-23
Use props
WFM
New

United States

Responding for points......
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry to read about the issue, could you please provide an original picture with the issue for double-checking on our end? You can upload the picture to Dropbox or Google Drive and send me the link, thank you very much.
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_QLsoQlTK05TK
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 10-23 18:07
Hi there, I am sorry to read about the issue, could you please provide an original picture with the issue for double-checking on our end? You can upload the picture to Dropbox or Google Drive and send me the link, thank you very much.

Thank you Susan,
I send you a DM
2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_QLsoQlTK05TK Posted at 10-24 16:13
Thank you Susan,
I send you a DM

Received with thanks, I will keep you updated.
2023-10-24
Use props
Mr_White_Rock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 867972 ft
Canada

I  have the same problem with my mini 3 pro I have had for 2.5 months. I  am working on documenting things. I am interested if you get a solution.

I am new to the DJI form. Should I post the whole story in a new post or thread with photos and link to full size images?

I  have been into taking photos since 1975 using small (35 mm), medium  (6x7 cm) and larger format view cameras (4"x5"' &  8"x 10"). Also used a 40" x 60" line camera for copying display boards used in the advertising printing industry.

I have a unique way to show the DJI problems, that might help others with the same issue.

I  have had the issue since day one. I have been busy shooting with the  drone and just saving the photos & videos for the off season for tourists.

I upgraded to a new computer and the rainy season, gives me more time at the computer.  

I have found many other people with the issues I am having.

Looking forward to having a drone without these issues.

2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mr_White_Rock Posted at 11-1 21:05
I  have the same problem with my mini 3 pro I have had for 2.5 months. I  am working on documenting things. I am interested if you get a solution.

I am new to the DJI form. Should I post the whole story in a new post or thread with photos and link to full size images?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience. In AFS mode, tap the target on the screen, and the priority is given to ensure that the position is in the best focal plane, and thus the resolution of other peripheral positions may be slightly poorer at this time. The deviation may be more obvious in DJI Mini 3 Pro lens due to larger aperture and shallower depth of field. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-1
Use props
IlyaZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142195 ft
Sweden

There's a big difference between the left (sharp) and right (blur) edges on the Mini 4 Pro. Didn't notice this on the Mini 3 Pro. Photos and videos, systematically.
1-1 12:06
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

IlyaZ Posted at 1-1 12:06
There's a big difference between the left (sharp) and right (blur) edges on the Mini 4 Pro. Didn't notice this on the Mini 3 Pro. Photos and videos, systematically.

It sounds like this is a common issue then
1-1 12:11
Use props
IlyaZ
lvl.2
Sweden

Could be due to the lens being misaligned with the sensor. Decentered. Probably got to change the complete lens module or get a new drone. But then there's the issue of C0 declassification, which would make repairs preferable to EU users.
1-1 22:19
Use props
IlyaZ
lvl.2
Sweden

Don't want to hijack the thread, but since I guess we're not supposed to double post the same issue in multiple threads I'll post two sample videos here:

This is the Mini 4 Pro  
https://zintranet.ddns.net/s/qcD35tkNTGtBP5e
https://zintranet.ddns.net/s/cEs5M9igz7tPsSJ

I am completely happy with the image quality of the Mini 3 Pro , but this isn't really acceptable for something that isn't a toy.
1-2 08:31
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

IlyaZ Posted at 1-2 08:31
Don't want to hijack the thread, but since I guess we're not supposed to double post the same issue in multiple threads I'll post two sample videos here:

This is the Mini 4 Pro  

That is exactly the same issue I have.
I agree, it's not acceptable.
And it has clearly nothing to do with the wide aperture of the lens.

I tested tapping on my subject to make sure everything was in focus, I'll share these images as soon as I can, in a few words, nothing changes, either the left is sharp and right is blurry or vice versa.
1-2 09:45
Use props
IlyaZ
lvl.2
Sweden

It can't be more than a matter of changing the camera module/gimbal, just as if it had been damaged. But I guess it's more of a warranty (or reclamation) issue than a DJI care one since there has been no damage. Also important to get the identical drone back since new ones are C0 past 1/2024. Still a hassle to ship it to a repair center and the costs associated. But I see no alternative since video and photo quality is important for the use cases.
1-3 22:13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IlyaZ Posted at 1-3 22:13
It can't be more than a matter of changing the camera module/gimbal, just as if it had been damaged. But I guess it's more of a warranty (or reclamation) issue than a DJI care one since there has been no damage. Also important to get the identical drone back since new ones are C0 past 1/2024. Still a hassle to ship it to a repair center and the costs associated. But I see no alternative since video and photo quality is important for the use cases.

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue. Could you please double-check if you tap to focus on the right side will it perform the same?
1-4 05:16
Use props
IlyaZ
lvl.2
Sweden

If I press focus on the right side the picture gets sharper locally while there is a net increase in blur in general following a gradient from the center to the left (opposite) side.
1-5 13:01
Use props
Limo John
New

United States

I have had same exact experience yesterday my first outing with the new drone. The entire right hand corner of the images is on Sharp top to bottom not just the edges. I'm hoping it's simply a software fix as others have seen issue.
1-17 11:29
Use props
djiuser_ClFqHEwlxwWo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1959278 ft
Estonia

Same here, right side of picture/video is blurry. What is a solution?
left_vs_right.png
1-17 13:05
Use props
Jabeling
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20400 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the same issue. The left side of the image is sharp, the right one is blurry. I am going to send it in
1-20 09:14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jabeling Posted at 1-20 09:14
I have the same issue. The left side of the image is sharp, the right one is blurry. I am going to send it in

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue. Could you please provide the original picture from the aircraft to us to double-check the issue? And could you please confirm the temperature of the flight environment, and help to export the flight log from the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 to us? We will check it further.
You may upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive so we can download them. Thank you.

1-21 01:08
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ClFqHEwlxwWo Posted at 1-17 13:05
Same here, right side of picture/video is blurry. What is a solution?

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue. Could you please provide the original picture from the aircraft to us to double-check the issue? And could you please confirm the temperature of the flight environment, and help to export the flight log from the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 to us? We will check it further.
You may upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive so we can download them. Thank you.
1-21 02:03
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Limo John Posted at 1-17 11:29
I have had same exact experience yesterday my first outing with the new drone. The entire right hand corner of the images is on Sharp top to bottom not just the edges. I'm hoping it's simply a software fix as others have seen issue.

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue. Could you please provide the information I mentioned on 23# for us to check it further? We look forward to your reply.
1-21 02:04
Use props
Jabeling
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 1-21 01:08

Here is a download link to the pictures: https://we.tl/t-Mdy2a1HIxQ The outside temperature was around 4 degrees celsius.

When I try to install DJI Assistant 2 my Mac says it doesn't trust this software. After I downloaded it anyway it promted me for my main password to install a driver. Is this safe?

1-21 02:47
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jabeling Posted at 1-21 02:47
Here is a download link to the pictures: https://we.tl/t-Mdy2a1HIxQ The outside temperature was around 4 degrees celsius.

When I try to install DJI Assistant 2 my Mac says it doesn't trust this software. After I downloaded it anyway it promted me for my main password to install a driver. Is this safe?

Thank you very much for your prompt response! You can trust it as long as the DJI Assistant 2 is downloaded from our official website. Link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... umer-drones-series. Appreciate your cooperation.
1-21 04:22
Use props
Jabeling
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 1-21 04:22
Thank you very much for your prompt response! You can trust it as long as the DJI Assistant 2 is downloaded from our official website. Link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series. Appreciate your cooperation.

Here is a link to the log file:
https://we.tl/t-fJTGQuGJ2h
1-21 05:13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jabeling Posted at 1-21 05:13
Here is a link to the log file:
https://we.tl/t-fJTGQuGJ2h

Thank you very much for your reply! However, the log files seem to be too small and may not be the correct ones. If it is convenient, please connect the drone to the computer, and launch DJI Assistant 2, if the DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, tap "Log Export" and save the corresponding flight that you took the picture to local and send it to me again. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your help.
1-22 03:59
Use props
Jabeling
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 1-22 03:59
Thank you very much for your reply! However, the log files seem to be too small and may not be the correct ones. If it is convenient, please connect the drone to the computer, and launch DJI Assistant 2, if the DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, tap "Log Export" and save the corresponding flight that you took the picture to local and send it to me again. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your help.

Hello Susan,
Here is a link to two of the log files. There are more of that day, but it is hard to know which are the right ones, because the start and end time of the log files in DJI Assistant 2 do not match the actual flight times when the shots were taken...
https://we.tl/t-qzNOaGb9Cx
Best regards,
Johannes
1-22 04:38
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jabeling Posted at 1-22 04:38
Hello Susan,
Here is a link to two of the log files. There are more of that day, but it is hard to know which are the right ones, because the start and end time of the log files in DJI Assistant 2 do not match the actual flight times when the shots were taken...
https://we.tl/t-qzNOaGb9Cx

Thank you very much, Johannes. I am downloading it and will ask the engineers to check it as soon as possible, I will keep you updated then.
1-23 00:15
Use props
Jabeling
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 1-23 00:15
Thank you very much, Johannes. I am downloading it and will ask the engineers to check it as soon as possible, I will keep you updated then.
Thank you Susan.
As a photographer I am puzzled by how one side of an image can be in focus, while the other side is out of focus when both sides are in the same focal plane distance from the camera / drone. That should not be possible technically. Unless a lens element is not properly alligned with the sensor at that moment.
Thanks for asking the engineers!
1-23 00:22
Use props
IlyaZ
lvl.2
Sweden

I ended up sending mine in for repairs since it had to be a decentering issue (new manufacturing method? less strict QC with the 4? judging from the amount of replies here). Very quick shipment back. They replaced it, luckily I could still C0-declassify the particular replacement unit. Would have wished to fly right away, but given the overlap of daylight and working hours I hope to discover a clear image when I fly this weekend.
1-23 11:14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jabeling Posted at 1-23 00:22
Thank you Susan.
As a photographer I am puzzled by how one side of an image can be in focus, while the other side is out of focus when both sides are in the same focal plane distance from the camera / drone. That should not be possible technically. Unless a lens element is not properly alligned with the sensor at that moment.

I understand your feedback, I have just pushed the engineers for an update. I will keep you updated once they reply.
1-24 00:08
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jabeling Posted at 1-23 00:22
Thank you Susan.
As a photographer I am puzzled by how one side of an image can be in focus, while the other side is out of focus when both sides are in the same focal plane distance from the camera / drone. That should not be possible technically. Unless a lens element is not properly alligned with the sensor at that moment.

Hi there, sorry for the delay. If you have tried to press the right side to try to get it focused but the issue is the same, you are recommended to send the drone back to DJI for a further diagnosis. Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. Thank you.
1-26 02:14
Use props
Jabeling
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello
I tried this yesterday and that gave better results.
But I am still worried why this could happen in the first place.
It is hard to trust the drone on assignments this way. Specially because on the small screen it doesn’t appear to be unsharp. You only see it at a bigger monitor.
It looks like sometimes a lens element can get loose or something.
I am not sure what to do now.
Best regards
Johannes
1-26 04:01
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jabeling Posted at 1-26 04:01
Hello
I tried this yesterday and that gave better results.
But I am still worried why this could happen in the first place.

Thank you for your reply. And we apologize for the inconvenience.
Just to clarify, in AFS mode, tap the target on the screen, and the priority is given to ensure that the position is in the best focal plane, and thus the resolution of other peripheral positions may be slightly poorer at this time. The deviation may be more obvious in DJI Mini 4 Pro lens due to larger aperture and shallower depth of field. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view.
However, if there is any concern about the focus issue on the camera, you can also send it back to DJI for further diagnosis.
You may still use the link above to file a case. Thank you.
1-26 07:05
Use props
Yannick Romswin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2258353 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi everyone, I've also experienced this issue with my M4P: Clearly right side blurry. But sometimes it seems so be more subtle, so its hardly visible from the screen and you only see it on the Computer. Sometimes it's also perfectly fine or only very slightly blurry. DJI told me to recalibrate the gimbal and to reset all the camera settings. I've done this now, and haven't had the issue until now. Although I must say, that I only had a few flights with it around my hometown and I'm somewhat afraid that if I really need the shot to be taken, the drone again will face this problem. The problem also randomly appeared weeks after first using the drone. Did anyone here experience a fix of the problem due to software resetting or is this clearly a hardware problem? If it is, I'd like get it checked and possibly swapped by DJI, as I don't want to mistrust 1000€ equipment...
3-15 13:56
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yannick Romswin Posted at 3-15 13:56
Hi everyone, I've also experienced this issue with my M4P: Clearly right side blurry. But sometimes it seems so be more subtle, so its hardly visible from the screen and you only see it on the Computer. Sometimes it's also perfectly fine or only very slightly blurry. DJI told me to recalibrate the gimbal and to reset all the camera settings. I've done this now, and haven't had the issue until now. Although I must say, that I only had a few flights with it around my hometown and I'm somewhat afraid that if I really need the shot to be taken, the drone again will face this problem. The problem also randomly appeared weeks after first using the drone. Did anyone here experience a fix of the problem due to software resetting or is this clearly a hardware problem? If it is, I'd like get it checked and possibly swapped by DJI, as I don't want to mistrust 1000€ equipment...

Hi there, sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Would you please provide us a picture or video recording showing the issue? We will help you to further check, thanks.
3-15 22:44
Use props
djiuser_dUcQRZ7enOhC
lvl.1

Romania

Hello!

Is this a known issue or defect?

I've noticed the same problem, especially in low light conditions, although it varies depending on the scene.

Based on discussions about similar issues with other models (e.g., Mavic), I'm concerned that a replacement might not resolve the problem. Users have reported receiving replacements that exhibit the same issue, albeit in a different area or with another affected area size.
yesterday 05:26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_dUcQRZ7enOhC Posted at 5-15 05:26
Hello!

Is this a known issue or defect?

Thank you for reaching out. May I ask if the model of your drone is DJI Mini 4 Pro? And the image/video is blurry in low light conditions? I want to make sure I understand the specific problem you're facing with the camera on that drone model.
10 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules