1674 13 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys. I have not been keeping up w/ the FW lately and I skipped the previous to last offering.
Is it safe to upgrade to todays right off the bat ? I can't seem to find any instruction on that matter.

Thank you.
2015-9-7
Use props
jaharrell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15417 ft
United States

I have the same question
2015-9-7
Use props
danlemx
New

Canada

I missed the last firmware upgrade (maybe two) and I did this latest update this morning.   Batteries and aircraft (I think) were successful, but I cannot get the Remote Controllers to update....the Log file says it is already the latest, but I know it isn't, and my controllers will no longer link with my aircraft.   
Gonna try some more troubleshooting but it looks like I may need DJI tech support.......

=========2015.09.07 09:11:09==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

2015-9-7
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Download the new update and read the PDF files.  There is a section for people that are behind by an upgrade or two.
2015-9-7
Use props
Jonathan DesJar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469984 ft
United States

No RC update on this most recent
2015-9-7
Use props
danlemx
New

Canada

method007 Posted at 2015-9-7 09:14
Download the new update and read the PDF files.  There is a section for people that are behind by an ...

All it says is that you can upgrade you controller through the app, but if you can't (if you are on an older firmware) then you must do it manually (the old fashioned way).    I do it this way but the log file says it is already updated, but this cannot be because I cannot link my RC to my aircraft and my app still says my RC needs an update.

Unless there is another different section of the manual you are referring to?

=========2015.09.07 09:11:09==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

2015-9-7
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

danlemx Posted at 2015-9-7 12:13
I missed the last firmware upgrade (maybe two) and I did this latest update this morning.   Batterie ...

This last upgrade didn't include the controllers.
2015-9-7
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

yes you can jump FW updates.  I jumped 5-6 upgrades with mine and it worked fine.  Had some hiccups along the way but it all ended with success!  I started with original FW, from over a year ago, and jumped to 1.3 yesterday!
2015-9-7
Use props
danlemx
New

Canada

They say there is no Change to the controller firmware since the last firmware, but that doesn't mean the controller firmware isn't part of the bin (it is part of it, just not updated).  
If my controller is already updated to the latest, then why can't I link up to my craft and why does it still say I need a controller update?
2015-9-7
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

I think it actually installs them separately because my .txt update file had 5 installations @ success after I installed last night.
2015-9-7
Use props
Jonathan DesJar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469984 ft
United States

use v1.3 to update RC and v1.4 to update Inspire
2015-9-7
Use props
eric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146598 ft
United States

had same issue just download older firmware 1.3 to jump drive and upload that to RC  , note RC will pause for 30 sec before beeping to upgrade. then all should be fine.
2015-9-7
Use props
danlemx
New

Canada

Thanks again, this worked like a charm.  
Safe flying everyone!
2015-9-7
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft