1833 21 4-6 19:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1823077 ft
  • >>>
United States

WUT?  Avata 2 is practically out, now do the "potato"!

https://www.abt.com/DJI-FPV-Remote-Controller-3-CP.RC.00000024.01/p/206181.html

FPV Remote 3

FPV Remote 3
4-6 19:55
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh, well there you go.

CHANGES EVERYTHING.  
Thanks for posting.  That's going to be a "costly" leak.
4-6 20:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im wondering why the goggles are listed twice?
4-6 23:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting that it is Special Order only.
4-7 06:17
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

very sharp eyes mr aoe2paladin !

but they list DJI FPV Goggles V3 and that may be a mistake
i dont see a V3 coming near Goggles 3
so the DJI FPV Drone 2 listing may be also a mistake

and all the specs for the avata 2 are from online leaks so they dont have a more reliable info source about the new products
but i may be wrong and they know what they are talking about

i think we will see in the next days how it is
maybe after the avata 2 launch they will review the listing
4-7 11:09
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Agreed it isn’t solid proof of a future FPV 2.

While I could see a future FPV 2 that would work with the O4 controller, I wouldn’t imagine a Goggles V3 would materialize as the “V” moniker was dropped with the Goggles 2 and now Goggles 3.

But why would they randomly make up / add the terms “FPV 2” and “Goggles V3” out of nowhere?  The more likely scenario is that it is referencing an O4 Air Unit which is essentially an Avata camera and VTX (?)  The last Air unit came right after the Avata 1.
4-7 11:20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I find it hard to believe DJI is launching the RC3 just for the Avata 2 only and no other drone.  And just as an accessory, never to be bundled with anything?   Perhaps when we see the RC3 box up close, it will have the same mistake(s) printed on it.  Does DJI honestly think we don't read the fine print?

Abt has been leaking and I guess you can belief half the leaks and not the other half, but Abt doesn't write up this stuff themselves. I would love for there to be an FPV2 and I think it has to be bundled with the RC3 (not the RC2 and not the MC3) and on top of that, I can see there being a V3 (to superceded the v2) which was worked on earlier while all Goggles 2 and Integra were rolling out and before the Goggle3 became a thing.  All this time between FPV1 and FPV2, something was happening.

Exactly why I won't pull the trigger so quickly on Avata 2, need to see the full picture.
4-7 11:32
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

aoe2paladin Posted at 4-7 11:20
Agreed it isn’t solid proof of a future FPV 2.

While I could see a future FPV 2 that would work with the O4 controller, I wouldn’t imagine a Goggles V3 would materialize as the “V” moniker was dropped with the Goggles 2 and now Goggles 3.

To amend my comment above, it technical does say “FPV Drone 2”, but I digress.  There have been rumors of an updated full-sized FPV drone for several years now.

I have / had both and they both serve very different use cases in my opinion.  I use the Avata for flying close quarters / crowded places or when I want good video (FPV camera is terrible). I use the FPV for large open areas or over sea when I just want pure speed and wind resistance.  At least before O4, I could run them off of the same goggles and remote, was nice, hoping for that again.

If they did refresh the FPV, what would they do to truly set it apart from the Avata in order to sell units?  I wouldn’t imagine it ever really did well as it was always sold at a cheaper price than the Avata. Heck, I only originally bought it because I needed the FPV controller for my new Avata.
4-7 11:34
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-7 11:32
I find it hard to believe DJI is launching the RC3 just for the Avata 2 only and no other drone.  And just as an accessory, never to be bundled with anything?   Perhaps when we see the RC3 box up close, it will have the same mistake(s) printed on it.  Does DJI honestly think we don't read the fine print?

Abt has been leaking and I guess you can belief half the leaks and not the other half, but Abt doesn't write up this stuff themselves. I would love for there to be an FPV2 and I think it has to be bundled with the RC3 (not the RC2 and not the MC3) and on top of that, I can see there being a V3 (to superceded the v2) which was worked on earlier while all Goggles 2 and Integra were rolling out and before the Goggle3 became a thing.  All this time between FPV1 and FPV2, something was happening.

Yeah, having an RC2 only for the Avata would seem like a waste, but it could also be used for all custom FPV builds that use a future O4 Air Unit of which sales do really well.  Have to have a matching RC for O4.

If I can use the RC1 with the Avata 2 even with reduced TX range, I will probably do that for a while.  Then if they release an FPV 2 in 6 months, go all deja-vu and buy the FPV 2 kit “for the remote” again!  lol. I’m still salty that I can only operate the Mini 3 Pro with the love toy.  There was a bug for a while where you could swap in the FPV Remote after takeoff, but I think that got fixed (?)

I feel like the O3 Air Unit took the place of the FPV because all it could really offer over a custom FPV build is much longer flight time and a 1-axis gimbal, oh and a cool startup sound!  If they make an FPV 2 and cut weight / size dramatically similar to a 5” custom FPV build while retaining all of the DJI goodies, I would be first in line.
4-7 11:57
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

The Saint Posted at 4-7 11:32
I find it hard to believe DJI is launching the RC3 just for the Avata 2 only and no other drone.  And just as an accessory, never to be bundled with anything?   Perhaps when we see the RC3 box up close, it will have the same mistake(s) printed on it.  Does DJI honestly think we don't read the fine print?

Abt has been leaking and I guess you can belief half the leaks and not the other half, but Abt doesn't write up this stuff themselves. I would love for there to be an FPV2 and I think it has to be bundled with the RC3 (not the RC2 and not the MC3) and on top of that, I can see there being a V3 (to superceded the v2) which was worked on earlier while all Goggles 2 and Integra were rolling out and before the Goggle3 became a thing.  All this time between FPV1 and FPV2, something was happening.

rc3 is not in any avata 2 bundles maybe because dji want to promote mc3 use more than rc3 use
or/and they have a very positive feedback from the users of avata 1 with mc1/2

indeed, the rc3 for avata 2 use only may look strange but they need it, they need a new rc for the avata 2, rc2 doesnt work for sure

on the other hand if there will be a v3 it will be for fpv2 use only, because otherwise theres no need for it, there is the goggles 3 already
so it will be in the rc3 situation from now. one device use only

dji will not print anything about future products compatibility on the boxes of any present device so dont wait for that
4-7 12:40
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

i would love to see a fpv 2
i love fpv1 more than any other drone
but the big fpv project looks dead for years
4-7 12:49
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i see avata 2 drone only seems to be a package on day 1, why?

fpv 2 should have launched already (which is why you may be seeing the mistakes that look like a leak) and if you buy the fpv 2 package with rc3 and v3.....buy the avata 2 drone only!
4-7 14:11
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Let's see if DJI can somehow bypass the speed limit in the EU of 19 m/s with the Avata 2. If not, I find it more than doubtful that we'll ever see a DJI FPV 2.By the way, the specs posted on abt.com are not very reliable, there are some discrepancies regarding, for example, the battery or the camera too.
4-7 14:31
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

skyscope Posted at 4-7 14:31
Let's see if DJI can somehow bypass the speed limit in the EU of 19 m/s with the Avata 2. If not, I find it more than doubtful that we'll ever see a DJI FPV 2.By the way, the specs posted on abt.com are not very reliable, there are some discrepancies regarding, for example, the battery or the camera too.

speed limit in the EU of 19 m/s ?
where did u see this?
4-7 15:17
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

The Saint Posted at 4-7 14:11
i see avata 2 drone only seems to be a package on day 1, why?

fpv 2 should have launched already (which is why you may be seeing the mistakes that look like a leak) and if you buy the fpv 2 package with rc3 and v3.....buy the avata 2 drone only!

do you ask why avata 2 is selling in combos only?
if thats the question, is because u need all devices to work

about that abt mistery listing, u can text them and ask about it if u need a clear view on this
4-7 15:29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nightfly Posted at 4-7 15:29
do you ask why avata 2 is selling in combos only?
if thats the question, is because u need all devices to work

no, i'm asking why is there a package option to buy an avata2 drone only?

obviously we are all just guessing at this point but if you cannot buy the goggle3 alone, makes no sense to sell the avata2 alone.  unless there is (or should have been) a goggles v3 available.

maybe....the package called "avata2 drone only" is not really a thing yet?
4-7 15:54
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

all avata 2 listings are removed from abt now
so mistery is solved for now

i didnt see any other site listing avata 2 so we will have to wait and see how it will sell it

and to sell any drone in drone only version is not a bad idea, you can buy a replacement drone asap
i dont think that should mean something special
4-7 16:58
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nightfly Posted at 4-7 15:17
speed limit in the EU of 19 m/s ?
where did u see this?

Avata 2 is in C1 class, which limits at 19 m/s.

____

Offering the Avata 2 alone could mean compatibility to Goggles 2.
What would make sense. Who among the current Avata users willing to upgrade the whoop is also ready to buy new Goggles every 12-18 months, which essentially still have the same specifications as their current ones?
4-7 21:40
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems it's gone. As with all new releases, don't believe the hype of over zealous descriptions. Source.
4-8 04:38
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This guy says he bought an Avata 2 from ABT.  What now??  lol.  Mads Tech did a stream last night about Avata 2 and said that someone called ABT and they said they would "honor any price changes" whatever that means.

4-8 15:42
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If it goes on the website as a pre-order, makes sense someone may be able to place and order and pay for it.  But not since it's taken down.  If abt got the price wrong and it's lower, certainly they would refund the difference.  Whether it gets shipped or not, I dunno but to date, no one except maybe one person claims to have one or fly one.  We know there are quite a few influencers so this is all moot by Thursday.  I think we are close enough it really doesn't count as a leak anymore.  
4-8 18:41
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Should have posted this here instead.  Comparison of RC2 and RC3

ABT does an Avata 2 unboxing / comparison video  

4-15 19:40
Use props
Advanced