o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI CP.FP.00000149.02 Avata 2 FPV Drone
All Thrills, No Frills
DJI Avata 2 delivers an adrenaline-pumping immersive FPV drone experience with improved imaging, safety, and battery life. Amp up the fun when you pair Avata 2 with the new DJI Goggles 3 and DJI RC Motion 3.
Features
The Total Package
  • Fully Experience Flight
    DJI Avata 2 delivers an adrenaline-pumping immersive FPV drone experience with improved imaging, safety, and battery life. Amp up the fun when you pair Avata 2 with the new DJI Goggles 3 and DJI RC Motion 3.
  • DJI Goggles 3, Visionary Breakthrough
    DJI Goggles 3 now has Real View PiP (Picture-In-Picture). Observe your surroundings without removing the goggles, for more safety and immersion. The Micro-OLED high-definition display and ultra-low-latency transmission bring the world in to view.
  • DJI RC Motion 3 Feel Every Flight
    Effortlessly perform difficult aerial acrobatics with DJI RC Motion 3. New pilots can now perform spectacular flips, drifts, and other captivating maneuvers.
Flipping Awesome
  • Creative Edge Easy ACRO
    Soar, dive, and roll for stunning aerial footage with a single push. Capturing epic FPV footage with DJI RC Motion 3 and Avata 2 is easier than ever.
    • One-Push Flip
      360° front/back flip, adding fresh twists to your footage.
    • One-Push Roll
      Roll 360° left/right, turning any shot from meh to magic.
    • One-Push 180° Drift
      High-speed lateral drifts to yaw spin 180° past objects and swiftly pull away, achieving dramatic visuals.
  • Advanced Maneuvers
    Fly nimbly through tight spaces with the new DJI FPV Remote Controller 3 in Manual mode to showcase flying prowess3and gutsy creativity.
  • Tight Shots in Super-Wide 4K
    Create breathtaking visuals with Avata 2's 155° FOV and its ability to swiftly approach and pull away from subjects. New pilots can quickly master aerobatic shots and capture fast-moving dynamic low-altitude shots that other drones can't.
    • 155° Ultra-Wide-Angle FOV of Avata 2
    • 82° Standard View of Camera Drones5
  • 1/1.3-inch Image Sensor
    The upgraded 1/1.3-inch image sensor expands the captured dynamic range, handling low-light conditions more effectively to capture outstanding footage on every flight.4
    • Effective Pixels 12 MP
    • Offline Stabilization Gyroflow6
  • Immersion Reimagined, 4K/60fps HDR Videos
    Unleash your true aerial potential. The 4K/60fps HDR on Avata 2 captures all the awesome of high-speed flight. In the goggles, you can adjust the sharpness and noise reduction levels for more finely tuned videos.
  • RockSteady
    Equipped with DJI's latest stabilization algorithm, Avata 2 captures smooth, steady footage even when flying at high speeds or in windy conditions.
  • HorizonSteady
    HorizonSteady handles horizontal rotations up to 360°, ensuring the captured footage remains locked on the horizon even if the drone turns sharply or sways dramatically.
  • 155° Ultra-Wide-Angle FOV
    Amplify your vision and increase the immersion of low-altitude, high-speed flights. Avata 2 offers ultra-wide-angle, wide-angle, and normal-angle FOV options giving you the ability to adjust to the scenario.
  • 10-bit D-Log M
    Capture rich detail in highlights and shadows and enhance content post-production opportunities while further streamlining color-grading.
Got You Covered
  • Comprehensive Safety
    The updated integrated propeller guard design of Avata 2 makes it lighter and more agile, enabling it to navigate freely in tight spaces.4 Releasing the accelerator on RC Motion 3 or pressing the lock button brings the drone to a halt, allowing you to handle unexpected situations calmly. In addition, the automatic Return to Home (RTH) function is initiated when the drone's battery is low or in case of signal loss, adding an extra layer of security.8
  • Advanced Positioning with New Sensors
    New binocular fisheye sensors enable downward and backward visual positioning during low-altitude and indoor flights, enhancing flight stability and safety.
  • Turtle Mode
    Avata 2 can automatically flip itself back into takeoff position when upside down with Turtle mode enabled, so you can quickly get airborne again.
Excellence in Everything
  • Flight Time/Video Transmission, The Sky's the Limit With Longer Flight
    Avata 2 boasts a maximum flight time of 23 minutes9 and supports PD fast charging, so you can quickly recharge it and take to the skies again.
    The new DJI Avata 2 Two-Way Charging Hub3 features a power accumulation function, allowing the transfer of remaining power from multiple batteries to the one with the highest charge level,10 giving you an "extra battery" in critical moments.
  • O4 Video Transmission, Enhanced Perception
    DJI O4 video transmission's enhanced stability lets you fully immerse yourself in each flight and provides greater safety. Its two-transmitter, four-receiver, four-antenna design ensures strong anti-interference performance, and it boasts up to 13 km of maximum video transmission distance,11 a transmission latency as low as 24 ms,12 1080p/100fps high-definition image quality, and a maximum transmission bitrate of 60Mbps.13
  • Boundless Passion, Wireless Sharing
    Watch the DJI Goggles 3 live feed from Avata 2 on your smart device's DJI Fly App.14 Connect up to 5 m away.15 Sharing the excitement of FPV just got easier, and learning how to fly is more accessible than ever.
Save More, Share More
  • Capture and Edit Seamlessly
    Avata 2 comes equipped with 46GB internal storage, capable of storing approximately 90 minutes of 1080p/60fps video, ensuring you capture the best parts of each flight.
    With Wi-Fi connectivity for fast file transfer to your phone, post-editing and sharing of your finished work is highly efficient.
  • One-Tap VFX with LightCut
    The LightCut app, connecting directly to DJI Avata 2 via Wi-Fi, allows you to intelligently add Sky VFX during post based on the flight trajectory captured in your videos, helping you easily create engaging aerial footage. Without the need to download the footage, the app offers editing and, combined withOne-Tap Edit, allows you to produce polished content in a snap effortlessly.
    • Sky VFX
      After connecting the device and importing the footage, tap Sky VFX to add unique overlays, through-the-air text animations, virtual cockpits, and dashboard effects, enhancing the interactive fun and engagement of your immersive flight footage.
    • One-Tap Edit
      With AI's intelligent recognition of video types and themes, you can effortlessly filter through and select highlights with smooth camera work and exquisite composition. Coupled with a vast array of thematic templates, enabling you to produce polished content. The app also boasts intelligent sound effects, color restoration, one-click addition of device watermarks, and end credits, among other features.
    • Wireless Connection
      When Avata 2 is connected wirelessly to LightCut, you can preview the captured footage within the app and edit it without the need to download the footage, saving valuable space on your smartphone.

Footnotes:
  • * All data on this page was measured using a production model of DJI Avata 2 in a controlled environment.Actual experience may vary depending on the environment, usage, and firmware version.
  • ** All videos and images on this page were shot using DJI Avata 2 by professionals in strict compliance with local laws and regulations and have been variously edited in post-production. The videos and images are for reference only; actual results may vary. Always observe local laws and regulations and ensure the aircraft has obtained relevant certifications and airspace authorizations before flying.
  • *** All images, videos, and screen display contents about the product itself on this page are for reference only. Actual product effects (including but not limited to appearance, color, and size) and screen display contents (including but not limited to backgrounds, UI, and illustrations) may vary.
  • 1 Requires DJI RC Motion series product or DJI Goggles series product, which are available for separate purchase as needed. Check the product page on the DJI official website for more details.
  • 2 Requires DJI RC Motion series product, which is available for separate purchase as needed. Check the product page on the DJI official website for more details.
  • 3 Sold separately.
  • 4 Compared to DJI Avata.
  • 5 Referring to DJI Mini 4 Pro and DJI Air 3 camera drones.
  • 6 To use Gyrowflow stabilization, turn off electronic stabilization in the goggles menu before flight and set the angle to wide-angle to ensure that the footage is recognized by Gyrowflow and stabilized effectively.
  • 7 HDR video is available in two scenarios: A. EIS is turned off, recording at 4K/2.7K/1080p@60/50/30fps with a 16:9 aspect ratio or at 4K/2.7K/1080p@30fps with a 4:3 aspect ratio. B. EIS is set to RockSteady or HorizonSteady, recording at 4K/2.7K/1080p@30fps with either a 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio.
  • 8 DJI Avata 2 is factory set to automatically perform Return to Home (RTH) if the drone signal is disconnected, and users can change the setting to hover or land before takeoff according to the actual flight scenario.
  • 9 The maximum flight time of the aircraft is measured at a constant flying speed of 21.6 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with camera parameters set to 1080p/30fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Data is for reference only. Always pay attention to reminders on the goggles screen during your flight.
  • 10 DO NOT connect the charger, connect external devices, or insert/remove any batteries during power accumulation.
  • 11 The 13km transmission distance can only be achieved under the FCC standard when measured without interference in an open outdoor environment. The above data shows the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights under each standard. During your flight, pay attention to RTH reminders on the goggles screen.
  • 12 Measured using 1080p/100fps video transmission, tested outdoors in an open interference-free environment.
  • 13 Tested in an open outdoor environment without interference. The video transmission bitrate varies with the operating environment.
  • 14 Some countries and regions prohibit the use of the 5.1GHz or 5.8GHz frequency band, or both. In some countries and regions, the 5.1GHz frequency is only allowed for indoor use. If the 5.1/5.8GHz frequency band is unavailable (such as in Japan), screen sharing to a smartphone via Wi-Fi is unavailable. To achieve screen sharing, a wired connection is recommended. Before flying, make sure to check and comply with local regulations.
  • 15 Tested in an open outdoor environment free of interference. The video transmission distance varies with the operating environment.
  • 16 Data are from DJI laboratories and are for reference only. For specific testing conditions, consult the corresponding product page on the DJI official website.

4-6 23:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice full spec info DA.  Good to see it will have Occusync 4 amongst many other upgrades.
4-7 06:19
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 06:19
Nice full spec info DA.  Good to see it will have Occusync 4 amongst many other upgrades.

Why is this so big deal? On paper, O3 distance is 10km, O4 - 13km. Latency - 28ms vs 24ms. Sounds like an incremental improvement to me. Am I missing something?
4-7 08:26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

celltx Posted at 4-7 08:26
Why is this so big deal? On paper, O3 distance is 10km, O4 - 13km. Latency - 28ms vs 24ms. Sounds like an incremental improvement to me. Am I missing something?

We are hoping the penetration is much better.  There are times when the Avata 1 signal gets weak and you have to side step or two and the signal gets alot better.  And, for example, when going down long creekbeds, you have to keep watching the signal go in and out as you push it until you are no longer comfortable and have to turn around.  Hopefully with O4 we can go alot further under all that brush and tree cover.
4-7 09:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 06:19

It's looking good and the goggles will have PIP to see whats around you which Im super happy to see.
4-8 00:05
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

I have wanted to get an Avata for so long but was deterred due to the very short flight time. Hopefully, Avata 2 will change that a bit and I finally get my hands on it.
4-8 00:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dreamtuner Posted at 4-8 00:22
I have wanted to get an Avata for so long but was deterred due to the very short flight time. Hopefully, Avata 2 will change that a bit and I finally get my hands on it.

The spec was 23 minutes of flight time.
4-8 00:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 00:05
It's looking good and the goggles will have PIP to see whats around you which Im super happy to see.

The PIP is a great addition for sure.
4-8 05:30
Use props
XotarFPV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164288 ft
Indonesia

NIce data sheet
4-8 05:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Xotar.
4-8 06:07
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing about backwards compatibility with Goggles 2 or original motion/FPV remotes.    
4-8 07:14
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Tom_765 Posted at 4-8 07:14
Nothing about backwards compatibility with Goggles 2 or original motion/FPV remotes.

If there is the option to buy the drone only, I have a little hope to see a retocompability option.
If not, what sense has the drone only option if everybody needs the new googles and controllers?
4-8 07:34
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

its a shame...."sharpness and noise reduction levels for more finely tuned videos." - why not for the avata 1? its simply software...jesus christ.
4-8 21:37
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-8 05:30
The PIP is a great addition for sure.

Thats a game changer for me.
4-8 23:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tom_765 Posted at 4-8 07:14

All the rumours point to not being backwards compatible,   but we wont know for sure until Thursday.
4-8 23:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Minime0815 Posted at 4-8 21:37
its a shame...."sharpness and noise reduction levels for more finely tuned videos." - why not for the avata 1? its simply software...jesus christ.

They seem to do that a lot with all their products.  Obviously they think we'd still upgrade.
4-8 23:25
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

But the Effective Pixels of the original Avata is 48MP, and the spec sheet here says 12MP. Are you sure it's correct? Because it's meant to be an upgrade from the Avata, not a downgrade.
4-9 00:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-9 00:56
But the Effective Pixels of the original Avata is 48MP, and the spec sheet here says 12MP. Are you sure it's correct? Because it's meant to be an upgrade from the Avata, not a downgrade.

All those 48mp cameras are all doing through a bayer filter so you get better shots 99% of the time in 12mp mode.
4-9 04:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 23:11
Thats a game changer for me.

I'm excited for you to get the Avata 2.  Only 2 more days for the official announcement.  I just wish I could fly the FPV drones.  Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be.  
4-9 08:12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That was early
4-9 08:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What was early Monty?
4-9 23:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-9 08:12
I'm excited for you to get the Avata 2.  Only 2 more days for the official announcement.  I just wish I could fly the FPV drones.  Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be.

I have my fingers crossed my local store will have them on Friday,   with the Mini 3 announcement they had them the following day.   
4-9 23:25
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-9 04:54
All those 48mp cameras are all doing through a bayer filter so you get better shots 99% of the time in 12mp mode.

Maybe the colour will be better, but to the untrained eye there will be little to no difference with 12MP and 48MP, and 48MP looks so much better when you zoom in. If you zoom in 6x with 48MP, it will still be 8MP (the same clarity as 4K), but if you zoom in 6x with 12MP, it will only be 2MP (the same clarity as 1080p).
4-9 23:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-9 23:54
Maybe the colour will be better, but to the untrained eye there will be little to no difference with 12MP and 48MP, and 48MP looks so much better when you zoom in. If you zoom in 6x with 48MP, it will still be 8MP (the same clarity as 4K), but if you zoom in 6x with 12MP, it will only be 2MP (the same clarity as 1080p).

Thats not normally how it works,  there has been hundred of posts discussing this on the forum with lots of samples posted.   
4-10 00:02
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:02
Thats not normally how it works,  there has been hundred of posts discussing this on the forum with lots of samples posted.

Can you show me some?
4-10 00:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:03
Can you show me some?

Theres a big debate about it here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-273430-1-1.html

But for me,   Ive found that the 48mp images fail the Alamy QA checks 99% of the time whereas the 12mp. versions pass just fine,   for me thats the real test for quality.
4-10 00:12
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:12
Theres a big debate about it here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-273430-1-1.html

But for me,   Ive found that the 48mp images fail the Alamy QA checks 99% of the time whereas the 12mp. versions pass just fine,   for me thats the real test for quality.

The person put an image. It's quite clear which one is better in this image.
4-10 00:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:15
The person put an image. It's quite clear which one is better in this image.
[view_image]

read the full thread,  theres also lots of examples that are not,  it can be better but the 12mp seems to produce more reliable results.  
4-10 00:19
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:19
read the full thread,  theres also lots of examples that are not,  it can be better but the 12mp seems to produce more reliable results.

Someone people are having problems with 48MP, but I'm not. I have an iPhone 15 Pro and DJI Mini 4 Pro and they both shoot in 48MP and there's nothing wrong with the photos.
4-10 00:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:23
Someone people are having problems with 48MP, but I'm not. I have an iPhone 15 Pro and DJI Mini 4 Pro and they both shoot in 48MP and there's nothing wrong with the photos.

It will depend on what you do with them and how closely you look,  as I say Alamy rejected so many of my 48mp shots I stopped using it and went back to 12 and dont have issues with them since.
4-10 00:26
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:26
It will depend on what you do with them and how closely you look,  as I say Alamy rejected so many of my 48mp shots I stopped using it and went back to 12 and dont have issues with them since.

But I know lots of people who got their photos accepted into Alamy, and they were taken on iPhone 14 Pro and 15 Pro in 48MP.
4-10 00:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:32
But I know lots of people who got their photos accepted into Alamy, and they were taken on iPhone 14 Pro and 15 Pro in 48MP.

They have a special programme for mobile phone pics,  it's different to being full contributor.  
4-10 00:34
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:34
They have a special programme for mobile phone pics,  it's different to being full contributor.

I see. Why is that?
4-10 00:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:35
I see. Why is that?

They were trying to encourage different styles of photo with that programme
4-10 00:37
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:37
They were trying to encourage different styles of photo with that programme

Do you think your phones camera is better than Mini 3 Pro?
4-10 00:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:39
Do you think your phones camera is better than Mini 3 Pro?

Depends,  the Mini 3P/Mini 4 seem to get better low light shots for me as they are on a gimbal,  Id probably get comparable shots if I put the iPhone 15pro max on a tripod,    in bright conditions they are very comparable right down to the same green flare.  
4-10 00:41
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:41
Depends,  the Mini 3P/Mini 4 seem to get better low light shots for me as they are on a gimbal,  Id probably get comparable shots if I put the iPhone 15pro max on a tripod,    in bright conditions they are very comparable right down to the same green flare.

If there are places where you can't fly drones, just hold the drone in your hand and use as a regular camera.
4-10 00:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:45
If there are places where you can't fly drones, just hold the drone in your hand and use as a regular camera.

Yes,  there was a video in the tutorial section about using the drone like that or on a tripod with the remote as the remote trigger.   It was quite creative.
4-10 00:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-10 00:45

Here's a link to that video -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-EXLXhRMGo&t=311s
4-10 00:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-9 23:25
I have my fingers crossed my local store will have them on Friday,   with the Mini 3 announcement they had them the following day.

That would be great if you can get one that fast.  I think you'll really enjoy the Avata 2.
4-10 04:33
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules