Avata 2 + Goggles3 Recommend a Simulator....
12Next >
3522 53 4-14 06:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now that DJI Virtual Flight is not being updated anymore can anyone recommend a simulator, preferably something I can run on an iPhone 15 Pro Max to practice manual mode with the FPV Remote 3 and Goggles 3.    So bummed that virtual flight is not being updated to support the new products.  
4-14 06:31
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I don't know anything for iPhone apart from the abandoned Virtual Flight, but I know some good PC ones. You should try CurryKitten, it's supposed to be good.
4-14 07:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-14 07:18
I don't know anything for iPhone apart from the abandoned Virtual Flight, but I know some good PC ones. You should try CurryKitten, it's supposed to be good.

thx but that doesnt appear to support the goggles or Remote 3.
4-14 22:36
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

I am not sure if the Controller 3 is already supported, but my prefered sims are Liftoff and TrypFPV, both available on Steam.
In the particular case of Iphone sims I can't help you.
4-14 23:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fozando Posted at 4-14 23:02
I am not sure if the Controller 3 is already supported, but my prefered sims are Liftoff and TrypFPV, both available on Steam.
In the particular case for Iphone sims I can't help you.

thank Fozando,     to be honest I super disappointed that they discontinued support for their own Sim,   I wish Id checked better before purchasing in some ways.
4-14 23:09
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 23:09
thank Fozando,     to be honest I super disappointed that they discontinued support for their own Sim,   I wish Id checked better before purchasing in some ways.

I have tried the Virtual Flight Simulator from DJI in the past and I didn't like it so much.
Liftoff has good tutorials and a big amount of maps. TrypFPV has few maps but better graphics, take a look on youtube or directly on Steam to know about them.
4-14 23:13
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

Fozando Posted at 4-14 23:13
I have tried the Virtual Flight Simulator from DJI in the past and I didn't like it so much.
Liftoff has good tutorials and a big amount of maps. TrypFPV has few maps but better graphics, take a look on youtube or directly on Steam to know about them.

I forgot to mention that you can use these sims without the goggles
4-14 23:25
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 22:36

Oh. That’s not good.
4-14 23:38
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Thor said “At present, various third-party simulators are available in the market, including Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League, all of which are compatible with our product. You may consider downloading and trying out these alternatives as well.”
4-15 08:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-15 08:12
DJI Thor said “At present, various third-party simulators are available in the market, including Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League, all of which are compatible with our product. You may consider downloading and trying out these alternatives as well.”

You’re not really answering the question are you.
4-15 08:44
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 08:44
You’re not really answering the question are you.

What question?
4-15 08:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A simulator that’ works on the iPhone with goggles 3 and remote 3.   These don’t work with goggles 3 and don’t run on iPhone.
4-15 08:51
Use props
djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-15 08:12
The goggles 3 do not seem to show as any input device. For liftoff at least, they say that the device needs to display as a hdmi connect to be of any use.
After testing with Linux and windows, this does not seem to be the case.
Furthermore the motion 3 controller seems to just connect to the goggles, connecting it over usb doesn't provide anything useful in its current state and since there's no connection from the goggles, there isnt a way standard way to expose the user input.

This means these devices aren't compatible with liftoff at least, so I assume not compatible with other desktop games/simulator either

As for the mobile devices it doesn't seem to be any options to display to this as a monitor, via usb or wirelessly.  

So unless anyone actually knows how to connect these devices successfully, it seems they can only be used with the drone and display output to a phone.

*I don't have the optional remote 3 to test, I assume it's the same but can't be 100%
4-15 12:22
Use props
djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 08:51
A simulator that’ works on the iPhone with goggles 3 and remote 3.   These don’t work with goggles 3 and don’t run on iPhone.

The support page (FAQ) states the goggles don't support flight Sims and doesn't support video in.

4-15 13:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz Posted at 4-15 13:36
The support page (FAQ) states the goggles don't support flight Sims and doesn't support video in.

Nowe thats very disappointing and I wish Id known that before purchasing.  
4-16 00:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, DAFlys. You can use the Virtual Flight in the DJI Store app however, the simulated flight in the DJI Store can only be operated using the touch screen of a mobile phone and cannot be controlled with a remote controller.

Have a nice day.
4-16 01:46
Use props
djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 01:46
Hi, DAFlys. You can use the Virtual Flight in the DJI Store app however, the simulated flight in the DJI Store can only be operated using the touch screen of a mobile phone and cannot be controlled with a remote controller.
[view_image]
Have a nice day.

This is honestly a terrible attempt.

All this does is promote the avata 2 to other DJI owners to try get them to buy one.

A simulator is supposed to be a way for drone pilots to be able to practice flying using their equipment in a safe manner where they have zero risk.

All your saying is look at your phone screen and touch it to control .  That's good enough.   
Well no it's so far from the point of what simulators are for that I can't even tell if the update is a joke or not.
4-16 02:51
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

I can confirm that the FPV Controller 3 works perfectly with Liftoff and TrypFPV. I have just tested it on both sims
4-16 04:59
Use props
fans32c7cb36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1326916 ft
United States

Fozando Posted at 4-16 04:59
I can confirm that the FPV Controller 3 works perfectly with Liftoff and TrypFPV. I have just tested it on both sims

Yup.  No issues here, either.  I've been using remote 3 with Liftoff since it arrived the end of last week.
4-16 07:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 01:46
Hi, DAFlys. You can use the Virtual Flight in the DJI Store app however, the simulated flight in the DJI Store can only be operated using the touch screen of a mobile phone and cannot be controlled with a remote controller.
[view_image]
Have a nice day.

Id been using the virtual flight app for a while like that but when I purchased the new Avata and goggles 3 I wrongly I assumed I would be able to connect like the original Avata did,    I really expected DJI to be adding features with new models and not removing them.
4-16 22:58
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 22:58
Id been using the virtual flight app for a while like that but when I purchased the new Avata and goggles 3 I wrongly I assumed I would be able to connect like the original Avata did,    I really expected DJI to be adding features with new models and not removing them.

Hi DA. Beginning to think I might have 'jumped the gun' by buying one too soon. Maybe I should have waited and done some more research. Oh well, never mind.
4-16 23:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 4-16 23:17
Hi DA. Beginning to think I might have 'jumped the gun' by buying one too soon. Maybe I should have waited and done some more research. Oh well, never mind.

Im feeling exactly the same,   Id assumed this would be a good way to learn full FPV with the sim and the drone and then later use the remote and goggles with self builds with the DJI Air units,  seems I might have been better getting the Avata 1 / goggles 2 in the sales.    Really frustrated they are removing features on new products and not adding to the existing.    Sorry rant over.  
4-16 23:23
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 23:23
Im feeling exactly the same,   Id assumed this would be a good way to learn full FPV with the sim and the drone and then later use the remote and goggles with self builds with the DJI Air units,  seems I might have been better getting the Avata 1 / goggles 2 in the sales.    Really frustrated they are removing features on new products and not adding to the existing.    Sorry rant over.

Don't apologise. Everybody needs a good rant now and again. Gets it 'off your chest'!
4-16 23:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz Posted at 4-16 02:51
This is honestly a terrible attempt.

All this does is promote the avata 2 to other DJI owners to try get them to buy one.

I understand the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the development team for awareness. Thank you for your valued support.
4-17 02:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 23:23
Im feeling exactly the same,   Id assumed this would be a good way to learn full FPV with the sim and the drone and then later use the remote and goggles with self builds with the DJI Air units,  seems I might have been better getting the Avata 1 / goggles 2 in the sales.    Really frustrated they are removing features on new products and not adding to the existing.    Sorry rant over.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue submitting your feedback to the related team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
4-17 03:15
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5574954 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-17 03:15
We apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue submitting your feedback to the related team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Is there any plans to update DJI Virtual Flight app in order to support the Avata 2 and the remote controller 3/motion controller? Thanks.
4-17 06:46
Use props
Ioana Mihai
New
Romania

Craignos Posted at 4-17 06:46
Is there any plans to update DJI Virtual Flight app in order to support the Avata 2 and the remote controller 3/motion controller? Thanks.

They discontinued DJI Virtual Flight app at end of March this year. Couple of weeks before the Avata 2 release. If you go to your "app store" you will see exacly. Unfortunately i was not able to find any simulator to work with Avata 2 and remote motion controller 3.
4-17 12:57
Use props
djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-17 02:28
I understand the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the development team for awareness. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks,  it would be nice to get a public, official, response to this, so we can get an idea of if this can be expected to become avaliable soon.   Before i put out my requested product review would be nice otherwise ill just have to leave it in as is.
4-17 13:25
Use props
genxcinema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Just unboxed it and got ready to test in sim and boom. This is a real bummer and I would not even expect that a flight sim app would not work with Avata 2. Quite disappointing start
4-18 11:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

genxcinema Posted at 4-18 11:29
Just unboxed it and got ready to test in sim and boom. This is a real bummer and I would not even expect that a flight sim app would not work with Avata 2. Quite disappointing start

Exactly how I felt.     Someone gave me a tip of taking off in N mode,   get some height and switch to manual,  then if you get in trouble just hit the brake on the left side and you're back to normal and it will stabilise itself.  
4-18 21:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Craignos Posted at 4-17 06:46

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There are no plans at the moment. It was discontinued but you can still download it. You may refer to this link: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... Id=34&re=US&lang=en. However, your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.
4-20 02:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DW8GD0tzuyMz Posted at 4-17 13:25
Thanks,  it would be nice to get a public, official, response to this, so we can get an idea of if this can be expected to become avaliable soon.   Before i put out my requested product review would be nice otherwise ill just have to leave it in as is.

Hi there. There are no plans at the moment. The announcement of the discontinuation is posted on the DJI  official website. Here is the link: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en. Any news and updates will be posted on the said website. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
4-20 02:59
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Remote 3 as in Motion RC3? That's not supported anywhere. DJI FPV RC3 (game controller-style one) is supported by any simulator.
4-20 02:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-20 02:59
Remote 3 as in Motion RC3? That's not supported anywhere. DJI FPV RC3 (game controller-style one) is supported by any simulator.

The Remote 3 has two sticks and looks like any of the DJI Controller,   The Motion Controller was supported by the DJI Simulator but they haven't updated that for the Avata 2 and either controller.  
4-20 03:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

genxcinema Posted at 4-18 11:29

Hi. Sorry about the inconvenience. We will forward your feedback to the relevant team. At the moment, you can try using the Virtual Flight in the DJI Store app

Thank you for your patience.
4-20 03:07
Use props
Adhersan11
lvl.1

Spain

Super disappointing. I also decided to bought the Avata 2 having in mind I could use their sim to practice.  
4-23 02:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Adhersan11 Posted at 4-23 02:45
Super disappointing. I also decided to bought the Avata 2 having in mind I could use their sim to practice.

Me too,     if you were planning on flying full manual like me,  someone gave me a tip to get started.

Basically set up the setting to enable manual mode,   then take off in Normal mode climb to a good altitude like 200ft and switch over to Manual.    If you get in trouble just hit the brake button on the left of the controller and the drone will swap back to N mode and stabilise itself.
4-23 02:51
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939446 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 02:51
Me too,     if you were planning on flying full manual like me,  someone gave me a tip to get started.

Basically set up the setting to enable manual mode,   then take off in Normal mode climb to a good altitude like 200ft and switch over to Manual.    If you get in trouble just hit the brake button on the left of the controller and the drone will swap back to N mode and stabilise itself.

Hi DA.

I agree it's disappointing DJI doesn't provide a good simulator for use with the goggles and motion controller. That being said, their virtual flight simulator really was the worst of the worst compared to all of the other flight simulators I've tried. I found virtual flight to be nowhere near close to the flight characteristics of my Avata no matter what settings I tried. Not only that, it made me nauseous in the goggles which has never happened flying my Avata.  

Although they wont work with the goggles or motion controller, there are several good FPV simulators on Steam for Mac or PC starting as low as $5.
The flight characteristics (Drone flight physics) vary between them but all of them simulate real drone flight miles better than DJI's Virtual Flight. FPV Freerider is the cheapest at $5 but the flight physics are still WAY better than virtual flight. Uncrashed is $15 but has very nice graphics and many nice large well detailed maps and some with cars to chase. Uncrashed has pretty good flight characteristics that feel close to what flying my Avata in manual feels like if I have the drone in the game set up properly to approximate the Avata. Liftoff is good but lower end computers might have trouble with it even with the graphics settings turned down. I also have DRL, DCL and Trypp FPV.  I probably use Uncrashed the most but they are all way more fun and WAY more realistic than Virtual Flight.  Most of the experienced FPV racers and Freestylers say that Velocidrone has the most realistic flight Physics but I don't have that one. I think the physics of the others I mentioned that are available on Steam are close enough to practice manual mode flight.
4-24 08:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-24 08:42
Hi DA.

I agree it's disappointing DJI doesn't provide a good simulator for use with the goggles and motion controller. That being said, their virtual flight simulator really was the worst of the worst compared to all of the other flight simulators I've tried. I found virtual flight to be nowhere near close to the flight characteristics of my Avata no matter what settings I tried. Not only that, it made me nauseous in the goggles which has never happened flying my Avata.  

Sounds like Im going to need a new computer then as well as I suspect my aging Mac wont run these well enough.
4-24 23:55
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939446 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 23:55
Sounds like Im going to need a new computer then as well as I suspect my aging Mac wont run these well enough.

Maybe not. Before I got my new laptop I was playing some of these sims on a 15 yr old PC. Uncrashed, DRL and FPV Freerider played fine on the old system as long as I turned down the graphics settings. Liftoff , Trypp, and DCL did not play well. Also Steam will refund your purchase within 14 days if the game has been played less than 2 hours in the case your system wont run the game. I can confirm the FPV remote 3 is working on all of those games except DCL.

Also, I have read that Velocidrone has one of the lowest system requirements of all the sims and the FPV pros say it has the most realistic flight physics. I don't have that one so can't confirm if it recognizes the FPV3 controller. Not available on Steam,  website Velocidrone.com.
4-25 07:01
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules