EDIT-4: DJI Dave and Others-Read if experiencing Video Signal Loss!
4526 59 2015-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

The funny and sad thing is.... I get asked about dates and approximate dates all the time. It drives me crazy.

2015-10-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-9 20:51
I understand, I wish I had more for you.

Only thing I disagree with you on is the date thing.

Dave,

I get it but you may be missing my point, DJI should be providing some sort of estimated timeframe on the resolution of known and serious issue, not DJI-Dave.

And I thought this was DJI's forum. It certainly does appear to be the only place to get and share information about DJI products and solutions. Why the heck are DJI guys moderating it if it's not a DJI informational site? You don't have to answer that, I really don't want to get off course either. I'm looking for a solution to a serious product deficiency problem not to argue about anything else.

Jerry
2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yeah it is DJI's forum here.  I meant DJI's main page on the main DJI.com website. That is where we put out all dates of future products and the dates of future firmware are just non existent until they show up on the products down load page.

2015-10-10
Use props
alex.katrycs.te
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21611 ft

Austria

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-23 09:51
Currently HQ China is working on a new update. Therefore I would like to kindly ask you to have a li ...

It is a Problem in the APP: But the solution for the Problem is simple: I found out it has to do with the embedded Video in the latest DJI Go App. What I do is: I leave the App on my tablet by pressing the HOME button (to Desktop). Then reenter it with the MENU button and immediatly the Signal is back. On my new Android "E" it remains as Long as I do not restart my app. In this case I have to leave it one time and it works. Can DJI fix this please?
2015-10-10
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-10 02:51

Poor Old Dr T got a hammering over that one we forgave him though lol

2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-10-10 17:38
Poor Old Dr T got a hammering over that one  we forgave him though lol

Yeah we did! He is a good guy and a very smart guy! DJI is very lucky to have him. But boy oh boy that lesson stuck with me, and I am sure I will be using that story as an example for a long time.

Dave
2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

alex.katrycs.te Posted at 2015-10-10 15:35
It is a Problem in the APP: But the solution for the Problem is simple: I found out it has to do w ...

I will forward this info.

Thanks for your input.
2015-10-10
Use props
hugodes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30125 ft
Belgium

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-10 03:51

if you run the simulator fast (lot of calculations for whatver tablet), same happens.
my conclusion: processors of the tablets not enough calc. capacity.
if you stop all background activities of your tablets (i cloud... search for my device...etc) you free up calc capacity of the tablet processor.
for me this defenitely worked.
2015-10-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

hugodes Posted at 2015-10-11 02:40
if you run the simulator fast (lot of calculations for whatver tablet), same happens.
my conclusio ...

Thanks for the info. I will pass it along to the techs and use it myself when helping other users on the form.
2015-10-11
Use props
hugodes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30125 ft
Belgium

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-11 17:26
Thanks for the info. I will pass it along to the techs and use it myself when helping other users  ...

you're welcome.
as far as I can judge, DJI should bring out a kind of tablet device, dedicated to the Copters.
all the rest is uncontrollable, as you will never know how crammed one's tablet or phoni is, with all kinds of software that use processing capacity.
with all those updates from all kind of software developers, incl.Apple, you all get lame processing cap within one year.
by cleaning up left and right, people see improvements, but you can't stop your device from getting lame.
What Apple did with the last update to Ios9 was criminal: the proceesing usage of all of their fancy stuff (where is my iphone: hahaha) is fenomenal.
the apple machines are currently jfor a larg part just functioning to get their business (adds and so on) running.
again, I think it was sexy of dji to use tablets from all over the place, but I think in the mid run it isn't smart, as you create a lot of frustration.
get your own dji tablets on the market...
2015-10-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

hugodes Posted at 2015-10-11 09:11
you're welcome.
as far as I can judge, DJI should bring out a kind of tablet device, dedicated to  ...

I think it is a very good idea. It has been talked about some.
2015-10-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

But of course people will complain about that too. Saying why can't I use my tablet? Now I have to buy DJI.... Bottom line, it is imposable to make all people happy at all times in all things.
I am sure you know that though.
2015-10-11
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-11 11:42
But of course people will complain about that too. Saying why can't I use my tablet? Now I have to b ...

Hugodes could be onto something. After doing all of the things I described in my previous posts on this thread and my first successful runs last week, I got the opportunity to fly four more batteries this morning. I am extremely happy to report that everything functioned flawlessly. I flew first with the DJI Go app, just free flying to verify that the video signal was still solid. It was. Decided to install the latest Litchi beta version so I could try some of my test Ground Station runs. Ran several and the all ran perfectly with no signal loss at all. The last run was 16,282' (approx. 3.1 miles) mostly at about 150' altitude. The longest leg was about 1.2 miles from Home Point. I am very pleased to report that I had no video loss at all and some very minor lag (barely noticeable) at the furthest point.

I don't know if Hugodes has the absolute solution because I had this issue on three different tablets both IOS and Android. I have not even attempted to use any other tablets again. I reset and used just my Nvidia Shield for all of the testing that I've done so far. I doubt I'll be doing much more testing at this point as it would be nice to just get out there and fly the thing while it's operating so well. If I have any more difficulties or anything else to all, I will update this thread. Others feel free to use this thread if you continue to have issues or can provide more information regarding this problem. I'd like to keep it focused on the Video Loss issue alone.

Jerry
2015-10-11
Use props
kgreen13299
New

United States

My iPhone 6 works but my Samsung tablet will not
2015-10-11
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

kgreen13299 Posted at 2015-10-11 14:01
My iPhone 6 works but my Samsung tablet will not

K,

You might want to try backing up your tablet data and resetting the tablet. Set-up your network and your email, don't do anything else to it. No updates, no anything. After resetting it, don't install anything but DJI Go. Get the DJI Go Android APK file directly from DJI's support page, not from the Playstore. Install the APK file and go through the DJI Go settings. Take it out and give it a try. I'd be very curious to see if that solved your issue. If you choose to try it please come back and share your results.

Jerry
2015-10-11
Use props
ctzionov
lvl.1

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-9 19:05
Dave and Others,

Okay, I’ve got some very interesting news today. Hopefully, this will help othe ...

Just want to chime in here with something I did that helped my "video signal loss" situation tremendously.

1 - I  the channel from auto to manual and picked the channel that seemed to have the highest green bar

2 - I happened to have these DIY aluminum foil range extenders on my RC that helps tremendously with flight distances. The only problem is that whenever I'd use them after doing the latest update, I'd experience signal loss. Once I removed them and set the channel to manual, my problem all but vanished.

Dunno if anyone is in the same boat is me,  but if you do, try those two tips. They should help!
2015-10-12
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-9 19:51

Dave,

Hey do me a solid and go help this guy.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-36554-1-1.html

Thanks,

Jerry
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-12-9 19:14
Dave,

Hey do me a solid and go help this guy.

Ok, will do!

By the way, I just love your answer in that thread.   LOL
Your answer cought me off-guard so it was extra funny...

Dave
2015-12-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-12-9 22:33
Ok, will do!

By the way, I just love your answer in that thread.   LOL

Dave,

You're alright with me! I don't care what everyone else says!

Jerry
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-12-10 05:31
Dave,

You're alright with me! I don't care what everyone else says!

Thanks

Dave
2015-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules