Out of the box: dead battery and remote not communicating to the Inspire
741 2 2015-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ratephi
New

Switzerland

Yesterday I purchased my first. Once back home I plugged the battery that came with it just to find out that the battery would not charge (no blinking or anything, just dead). Fortunately I had a second battery which seems to work fine.

Once the second battery was charged I tried to test the drone (it was late at night and I was at home so I just wanted to test if everything was fine, load the software on my Android device and update the firmware). The update of the drone went fine (as confirmed by the .txt. file produced at the end of the procedure), the update of the firmware on remote would not start (I assumed the version of the firmware was already the most recent).

Problem is that, when I finally tried to connect the remote to the drone, nothing happens. I don't see any option to access the camera mode from the Android app, hence cannot even reset the connection between remote and drone. TO make the whole experience a bit more annoying, given the missing link to the remote, I have no way to set it back to travel mode...

Anything that I can try to reactivate the communication between remote and drone?

Many thanks in advance for your support with this.
2015-9-27
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you enable developer mode and usb debugging on your android device?
2015-9-27
Use props
ratephi
New

Switzerland

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-27 17:16
Did you enable developer mode and usb debugging on your android device?

Yes and in the meantime, one the tenth times I tried over and over to connect the mobile to the remote, it worked (at least I could access the camera mode on the app). Still the connection to the drone has never worked.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules