Enjoy

2015-10-8
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Looks good.  Always great to have more handheld gimbal options in the current market.

My biggest wonder is the price?
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yep it has arrived.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 10:01
No mount for something like an Air2 ??

That would be a bit grim. I specifically bought an Air2 for  ...

Seems to me that an iPad air would be too big to walk around with something like this. But to each his own. I'm sure there will be third-party mounts available if not possibly one made by DJI in the future.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 10:17
A mere £549 !!!!

I hope they provide it with another X3 for that price !

It does come with the X3.
2015-10-8
Use props
eli.rosenstein
lvl.2
United States

It is compatible with the X5?  Is there an option to buy it without the X3?
2015-10-8
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-8 20:26
It does come with the X3.

Can't find the possibility to purchase OSMO without the camera. In my case, with X5 to be delivered probably next week, there is no reason to purchase OSMO together with X3, I already have one. Can we order OSMO without it ?
From what I have seen on the promo video, it is compatible with Inspire X3 & X5.
2015-10-8
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The secret is public... DJI OSMO

in DJI Store : http://goo.gl/XBCved

More Info's : http://goo.gl/X3uSR5

2015-10-8
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI OSMO
in DJI Store : http://goo.gl/XBCved

More Info's : http://goo.gl/X3uSR5

2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

eli.rosenstein@ Posted at 2015-10-9 01:29
It is compatible with the X5?  Is there an option to buy it without the X3?

Currently it's only being sold as a package. The x5/R mount will be available separately.
2015-10-8
Use props
Aerialinspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mani Posted at 2015-10-8 18:32
Can't find the possibility to purchase OSMO without the camera. In my case, with X5 to be delivere ...

Exactly what I was looking for, i was ready to purchase for a moment until i couldn't find it. Only the package, why not just sell the unit on its own for us inspire owners. Don't really understand that one even though the video said original inspire owners will able to use it with the x3. So why don't they just put it on the website job done. Everything is such an effort
2015-10-8
Use props
Aerialinspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-8 18:36
Currently it's only being sold as a package. The x5/R mount will be available separately.

Exactly what I was looking for, i was ready to purchase for a moment until i couldn't find it. Only the package, why not just sell the unit on its own for us inspire owners. Don't really understand that one even though the video said original inspire owners will able to use it with the x3. So why don't they just put it on the website job done. Everything is such an effort
2015-10-8
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-8 18:36

The promotional video talks about 60 and 120 fps.with an x3. Might we then expect to be able to have firmware update for the inspire that supports this too?
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 10:50
You're probably right...
The Air2 is really as big as anyone would want for that oversized gaming  ...

Yeah, I think one of the selling points to this system is that it is small. If you did not mind something bigger you would go with the Ronin.

I have used the Ronin several times but for what I do I am really looking forward to the OSMO.
It is quick, easy and good enough...
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Paul@AAM Posted at 2015-10-8 10:49
The promotional video talks about 60 and 120 fps.with an x3. Might we then expect to be able to ha ...

I would say it is possible.
2015-10-8
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the FAQ it says "The mechanical structure of the Osmo‘s camera is handled for hand held use. The 3-axis gimbal can be flattened and locked, and the orientation of the tilt motor has been changed. There are many small changes inside the camera and gimbal as well."

It also says you can use the Inspire 1 X3 on Osmo but can one use the Osmo camera on the Inspire 1?
2015-10-8
Use props
darmino
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615230 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-8 10:58
I would say it is possible.

Dave,
Can you confirm that we Inspire owners will be able to purchase the OSMO without the camera as we were lead to believe by the Inspire web page?
2015-10-8
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

Hmmmm.... although it hints to compatability with both the x3 and x5 Inspire cameras, the Faq's tab claims that the x3 camera that it is sold with differs from the inspire camera..... This is a bit misleading and confusing.
2015-10-8
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

2015-10-8
Use props
MSD17
lvl.1

United States

How much is just the handle so I can use with Inspire 1 x3 camera????
2015-10-8
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come on DJI ... for those of us Inspire 1 owners - we have been promised this device for quite sometime now to work with our already owned X3.  To offer it without the X3 is pretty disappointing.  We are hoping that you are going to do the right thing and offer the OSMO w/o the camera.
2015-10-8
Use props
weeeza
lvl.1

United States

Are you Kidding, after ALL THIS WAIT not available without the X3 for Inspire users? What is going on, we were promised this for the Inspire camera A LOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. This is totally unacceptable. Why the heck would I buy one with an X3 camera when I already have one?????? Not cool DJI.
2015-10-8
Use props
darmino
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615230 ft
United States

darmino Posted at 2015-10-8 11:02
Dave,
Can you confirm that we Inspire owners will be able to purchase the OSMO without the camera  ...

Nothing but cricketts
2015-10-8
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

I have a job to do with this - how long on shipping? Can I expidite shipping?
2015-10-8
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Has DJi started to ship the device to the dealers yet?   Looks amazing and open a lot of opportunities compare to a ordinary handheld camera
2015-10-8
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

weeeza@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-9 05:46
Are you Kidding, after ALL THIS WAIT not available without the X3 for Inspire users? What is going o ...

Details are sketchy but I believe they said the other options would become available, that this is the initial offering.   

For me I could be interested in buying it with the X5 or X5R.
2015-10-8
Use props
MSD17
lvl.1

United States

weeeza@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-8 14:46
Are you Kidding, after ALL THIS WAIT not available without the X3 for Inspire users? What is going o ...

I feel the same exact way.  When I saw the announcement I was elated, but then to see it with a "new" camera and no mention of being able to just purchase the handle was a bummer.

I've been waiting for this product  ever since it was first announced and held off buying a handheld gimbal solely for my iphone.
2015-10-8
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

weeeza@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-8 19:46

I agree with you. DJI do seem to make some rather odd decisions.
2015-10-8
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

weeeza@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-8 14:46

Good thing is you will have a back up camera for your inspire ;)
2015-10-8
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Paul@AAM Posted at 2015-10-8 13:49
The promotional video talks about 60 and 120 fps.with an x3. Might we then expect to be able to ha ...

Gives me hope that if they can change the fps on the camera that a bit rate change is also coming.
2015-10-8
Use props
dave.encoremult
lvl.1

United States

What I find interesting is, DJI releases this stuff for consumers, like it's a cool toy that thousands of people will flock to buy.  Yet, I have not seen anyone using single handle gimbals with GoPros or iPhones.  I don't know anyone who has them or even knows they exist.  Many of my professional friends have gimbals like the Ronin M, Movi, etc., but no single handle gimbals, certainly not one that works with a single camera like the X3.  Meanwhile, there are hundreds and I'm sure thousands, maybe even tens of thousands of us, who own Inspire 1 quad copters who would be thrilled to have this product to work with our existing X3 cameras but we have to wait.  WHY?!  Why make your existing, loyal customers wait?  That's just bad business.  If I were an insurance agent and said I have an amazing new product but I'm only selling it to new customers and even though it will be cheaper for my existing customers, tough luck, you can't have it for a while...how long?...who knows.  Guess what, my existing customers would be leaving me in droves!

I noticed that if you purchase an X3 camera/Zenmuse gimbal from the DJI store, it's $550 US.  So, does that means the OSMO will be just $100 for those of us who already own X3's via our Inspire 1 quad copters?  I doubt it. My guess is the X3/Zenmuse combo is way overpriced and that the OSMO by itself will also be overpriced for us X3 owners...$300 to 400 maybe?  I don't think DJI is going to sell a ton of the OSMOs with camera, to the public. So, they'll have to get their profit from us.  Honestly, why buy a complete OSMO when you probably already have a GoPro and there are cheaper single handle gimbals available that will work with that!?

Dear DJI, I would love to visit China.  So, hire me as a consultant and bring me to China.  I have a lot of business knowledge and experience and I have owned both the Phantom and now the Inspire 1 for almost two years.  I fly a lot so I know a fair amount about those products.  I will help you understand good business practices and the thinking of us occidentals when it comes to customers service, customer loyalty and much more.  I'll give you your money's worth and then there's just a few places I'd like to see, The Great Wall, Forbidden City, the Terracota Warriors...call me.
2015-10-8
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

MSD17 Posted at 2015-10-9 05:54
I feel the same exact way.  When I saw the announcement I was elated, but then to see it with a "n ...

Details are very sketchy but the impression I get is that this is only the first package being offered and others will come online.  To me this suggests it might be available on its own later.

Would also be a nice offering with the X5/X5R.
2015-10-8
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

The specs also say the video mode is auto/slowmo only?  Does that mean no manual mode?

And the battery.  1 hour run time, 2 hours...more?  Recharge time to 100%?
2015-10-8
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-8
Use props
healbunny
lvl.2

Canada

I just need a OSMO without camera....I already got X3 and X5, no point to get another X3
2015-10-8
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Skyrider Posted at 2015-10-8 15:35
I believe the "OSMO" is priced with out the X3 camera.  If you look at B&H camera web site, they do ...

At B&H it does come with the X3 camera.  It says 4K camera AND 3-axis gimbal for $650.  

If the grip does come out by itself, it will most likely be around $200-250.  Which would match the price of smaller gimbals in its range like the Feiyu, Ikan and Lanparte 3-axis gimbals.
2015-10-8
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Over Aud$1000 for this thing and no version sold minus the x3.
Yet more proof positive that DJI has little to no regard for the people who invested in ther so-called 'professional' platform.

I'm enjoying my Inspire, but the marketing decisions, outstanding bug issues and ongoing compromises to promised functionality have convinced me not to purchase DJI again.
I'll stick to what I've got and enjoy it for what it is now. No 'coming soon' nonsense, or marketing strategies that attempt to ape Apple and stir up the fanboys to immediately part with their cash on unproven products.

I really wish it was different and I could approach/consider  DJI in the same manner as a traditional camera company.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

darmino Posted at 2015-10-8 11:02
Dave,
Can you confirm that we Inspire owners will be able to purchase the OSMO without the camera  ...

I can not confirm that yet. As far as I know you will only be able to buy it with the X3.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

rfrye Posted at 2015-10-8 11:52
I have a job to do with this - how long on shipping? Can I expidite shipping?

I am sure you want it right now, or yesterday would have been better.

I do not know when they will start shipping.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

kvamens Posted at 2015-10-8 11:52
Has DJi started to ship the device to the dealers yet?   Looks amazing and open a lot of opportuniti ...

Not yet....
2015-10-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules