P2V+ Hard Reset (Now, Loss Of Gimbal Control)
3418 7 2015-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blue Bird
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey Fellow Pilots, I have been a pilot flying and repairing Phantoms and  Inspires for a long time now, But ran across a issue after re flashing the firmware of a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. After the hard reset, The AC powers on fine and the camera sets up ready for input from the DJI Vision App. However when I tilt the camera down in the app, It stays straight down and locks up. It wont respond to the tilt in the app after that. Total loss of control of gimbal tilt. All other functions work correctly except this issue. I have tried to find a fix but to no avail. The Assistant software for the P2V+ after re flash says the gimbal is currant version. The RC is the model with out gimbal lever on back. (Model # PVT581) Does any one possibly have a solution to this? The Gimbal tilt function was working fine before the hard reset of the main controller. The reason for the hard reset was that the AC was not flying well and the compass mod values were way out of spec. After the reset, all values are good and the AC is flying perfect, but now the issue with the gimbal tilt. some how the reset affected the gimbal. Should I try another hard reset?
Thanks in advance for your response.,, Blue Bird........

2015-11-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Have you tried the procedure on the attached?

Remote Calibration.gif
2015-11-7
Use props
Blue Bird
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-11-7 12:14
Have you tried the procedure on the attached?

Yes, I did follow that procedure and now have lost control of the RC to AC. Do I have to re bind them after this procedure?
2015-11-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Blue Bird Posted at 2015-11-7 12:16
Yes, I did follow that procedure and now have lost control of the RC to AC. Do I have to re bind t ...

Should not have to, I have only done a rebind once and that was to add a second RC with a long range antenna..

When I performed the calibration procedure I had my Phantom off.
I presume you did but Important to follow it exactly..starting with the RC off as well!
Have you tried a re link, easy to try, pg. 18/19 of the manual....or I would go back through the procedure and then try the rebind if necessary...
2015-11-8
Use props
Blue Bird
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-11-8 12:00
Should not have to, I have only done a rebind once and that was to add a second RC with a long ran ...

Ok, I did have to re bind the 2, however the status with the gimbal is still the same. No control.
I guess I will have to remove the gimbal and start checking for bad contact pins and bad connections.
I did notice that the battery when inserted slightly crushes the gimbal cable due to the USB connector pushing the cable torwards the battery. Perhaps the cable has fatigued and is intermittent. I still feel that it is firmware related though. Any other thoughts?  
2015-11-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Now that you have done a rebind I would repeat the previous attached procedure, it won't hurt anything!
Did you need to reload the camera firmware as I am "not sure" if fragging the Phantom firmware messes with that also!
Have you tried a stationary test with your phone tablet, i.e. Power up the RC, the phantom (no need to start motors) and checked to see if you could control camera movement from the Vision app from your device to at least rule out a fault with the RC control wheel?
Otherwise it could be a bad connection etc. as you stated...
2015-11-8
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

when you 'tilt it down' it gets stuck.  what happens if you tilt it only 10% down? 20% down?  

how do you do a 'hard reset' to pv2+?

what does abbreviation 'AC' mean?
2015-11-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Yorlik,
There are numerous YouTube videos on doing a hard reset, you pop the shell of the Phantom open and jump a couple of connectors, it does a complete firmware dump, then you need to reload fresh.
See here...http://www.hazarapoint.com/dji-v ... sion-naza-light-v2/
Pretty sure AC is short for Air Craft
2015-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules